VNAO T-45 Goshawk

I've started to learn the weapons of the T-45 .. pity that bombs can't be launched in pairs, only one by one or all at once, from one station only:

5OgUpmW.jpg

At least, they are very accurate:

IjWyZVk.jpg

😇 ... now I will try the rockets 🙂

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I don’t think that the basic PMBR on the T45 will allow for simultaneous station drops. The rack itself simply steps through a sequence each time the release is pressed. Make sense given the training mission.

Rockets IIRC, can be ripple fired.

Viewpoints are my own.

2 hours ago, boquinauer said:

Absolutely. 1.0 removed.

For some reason the MFD and the HUD SVG font are not being loaded.

Just curious, because this bug is so rare. Are you using an English language version of DCS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

18 hours ago, MadMaxter said:

Just curious, because this bug is so rare. Are you using an English language version of DCS?

Yes.

English language for DCS and English avionics by default.

It's weird since other modules like the F-18 or the Harrier use SVG fonts as well and I can see the screen text without any problem.

Edited by boquinauer

Finally got into DCS this month, & downloaded the excellent T-45 mod.

Wanted something a little different from all the 50/50-bar paint jobs & used their skin template to make a new livery for buzzing around the NTTR map.

This is my first Livery job, just for fun, or for a FAC or observer.

If anyone likes this, I can put a zip folder of the livery on the forum?

Thanks for any feedback!

T-45 Desert NTTR Livery_01.png

T-45 Desert NTTR Livery_02.png

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, JP Gabobo said:

Finally got into DCS this month, & downloaded the excellent T-45 mod.

Wanted something a little different from all the 50/50-bar paint jobs & used their skin template to make a new livery for buzzing around the NTTR map.

This is my first Livery job, just for fun, or for a FAC or observer.

If anyone likes this, I can put a zip folder of the livery on the forum?

Thanks for any feedback!

T-45 Desert NTTR Livery_01.png

T-45 Desert NTTR Livery_02.png

I love this skin. Out of all the skins that I have seen made from the template, this is my favorite. Great work!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Thanks for the love MadMaxter, I wanted to do a more wrap around camo, but don't know where all the maps meet on all the parts yet.

I think I like how this look turned out, not bad for a Sunday afternoon!

I'm Making a blue version too for Ocean Ops. I'll post a zip file soon if I can figure that out!

Awesome mod here! Have had ton a fun cruising around in the T-45!

On tiny thing I noticed- wind direction on the HSI is in the direction the wind is going, not the direction the wind is coming from, which seems like what would be displayed on that screen. For a quick work around, I replaced line 141 in Cockpit/Scripts/Displays/DisplayElectronicsUnit.lua with this:

local windDir = math.deg(math.atan2(WIND_Y:get(),WIND_X:get())) - 180

It works great after that edit 😄

1 hour ago, acceleraptor said:

Awesome mod here! Have had ton a fun cruising around in the T-45!

On tiny thing I noticed- wind direction on the HSI is in the direction the wind is going, not the direction the wind is coming from, which seems like what would be displayed on that screen. For a quick work around, I replaced line 141 in Cockpit/Scripts/Displays/DisplayElectronicsUnit.lua with this:

local windDir = math.deg(math.atan2(WIND_Y:get(),WIND_X:get())) - 180

It works great after that edit 😄

Won't that give you a negative result if the wind 'direction to' is less than 180 degrees?

I've not tried it, but I think this should probably give the right result, if I understand correctly how Lua math.atan2 works:      

local windDir = math.deg(math.atan2(-WIND_Y:get(),-WIND_X:get()))

Note the minus signs. 

Edited by AndyJWest
clarify

47 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

Won't that give you a negative result if the wind 'direction to' is less than 180 degrees?

I've not tried it, but I think this should probably give the right result, if I understand correctly how Lua math.atan2 works:      

local windDir = math.deg(math.atan2(-WIND_Y:get(),-WIND_X:get()))

Note the minus signs. 

In the case where the wind 'to' direction is less than 180, windDir would indeed be negative. However, it is corrected directly after by adding 360 degrees if  windDir is less than 0: 

if windDir < 0 then
		wing_direction:set(360+windDir)
	else
		wing_direction:set(windDir)
	end

In retrospect it looks like there's a bit of a typo there... 🤔

Slightly Off-topic aside/edit: looking at this bit of code, it seems like that the use of atan2 implies that the in-game X axis runs North/South and the in-game Y axis goes East/West, unless I'm reading something wrong. Interesting... 🤔

Edited by acceleraptor

3 hours ago, Victory205 said:

Hearing that VT22 at NAS Kingsville had a midair this morning, loss of one aircraft, everyone survived. 

Yes, amazing that the one made it back. Thank God no one seriously injured.

• Like 1

Hi MadMaxter, ive been working on some skins for the T45 - its a lovely little plane, wel ldone - but i cant seem to edit t he Roughmets - the default roughness maps in the textures folder cannot be edited, only replaced? Id like to be able to make changes to the roughmets on my liveries (RAF hawks were not very shiny!) but i can only replce the default texture, which will change every livery....is that correct? ive tried everything i cna think of....Thanks for your help! 

On 5/16/2021 at 3:13 AM, MadMaxter said:

Hello MadMaxter, i installed the T-45 and i confirm i have the same problem...

No HUD , Left MFD load but stop after a moment, and right MFD never loaded too!

Stupid question, but you're on 2.7 of course?
Turned on batteries, generator, started the engine and turned on Right MFD and HUD?
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Turned on batteries, generator, started the engine and turned on Right MFD and HUD? emoji6.png
Cheers!

Does the problem duplicate if you do a Hot Start on the Ramp?

• Like 1

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 hours ago, tosmonaute said:

Make sure that the Generator switch is in the middle position.  if its in the forward (RESET) position you will not get the MFD or HUD.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

3 minutes ago, Feisty Aspen said:

For the initial 1.0 version, I have no issues landing on the aircraft carrier. But for the latest version, I cannot land on the carrier and got bolter every single time. I wonder if there is a bug on the landing hook?

Only way I catch is to be so slow im shaking and all bars are below flight path

Replay always stops when engine start is returned to on position

18 minutes ago, Feisty Aspen said:

For the initial 1.0 version, I have no issues landing on the aircraft carrier. But for the latest version, I cannot land on the carrier and got bolter every single time. I wonder if there is a bug on the landing hook?

The T45C has a very flat landing attitude, if you are fast or flat in close, you’ll bolter in the sim. I like it.

• Like 2

Viewpoints are my own.

1 hour ago, Feisty Aspen said:

Thanks. What is the recommended landing speed? 

You use AoA, not speed. Much more precise, in an aircraft that can vary quite a bit in landing weight. And note that you don't flare for landing.

I think there may be a bit of an issue with trapping currently though, as the mod aircraft sits too high with weight on wheels. This might possibly hold the hook up a few inches higher than it would be IRL.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2021 at 2:33 AM, MAXsenna said:

Turned on batteries, generator, started the engine and turned on Right MFD and HUD? emoji6.png
Cheers!

Affirm to all...

As i said left MFD loads but stop after!

And the right one + HUD never loads.

I will try this evening with HOT START on the ramp as JUICE asked, to see what happens.

MAX senna and JUICE thanks for your help! 

Really appreciated.

• Like 1