VNAO T-45 Goshawk

2 hours ago, Devastator said:

what are the trim settings for carrier and shore takeoffs (5 I guess for this one), does anybody know?

For carrier traps i set to 3 (for what i gather from YT podcats etc) Did not check on the NATOPS.

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, Devastator said:

what are the trim settings for carrier and shore takeoffs (5 I guess for this one), does anybody know?

I set trim at 5 when taking off from the boat, that seems to be right in the sweet spot. 

Likewise, in response to the other questions, boat traps with full flaps and speedbrakes out, its right around 5 depending on my grossweight which will change that slightly... trim to center in the "E" bracket.

Field takeoffs I set at 3 degrees and that works well.

I suppose I need to research and see if I can find some real numbers 😉

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DP Spaz said:

I set trim at 5 when taking off from the boat, that seems to be right in the sweet spot. 

Likewise, in response to the other questions, boat traps with full flaps and speedbrakes out, its right around 5 depending on my grossweight which will change that slightly... trim to center in the "E" bracket.

Field takeoffs I set at 3 degrees and that works well.

I suppose I need to research and see if I can find some real numbers 😉

I started to use 3º because of ThefighterPilot Podcast about the T-45C i think. The guest pilot talked about that. But i need to find time to check with NATOPS.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Not sure if this has been answered before: The T-45C is a "paid" version, with the licensefile included in the download. The EULA also speaks of the possibility of VNAO to revoke the licence at any time without prior notice. I really like the T-45C, which leads me to the question: Whats next? Is it going to be a commercial product one day, like we have seen with the MB339?

edit:

Where is a place to report bugs? The RPM-gauge is off. Set it to like 80% with the big pointer, the small one will be somewhere around 5 instead of 0.

Edited by frumpy
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 12:47 AM, frumpy said:

Not sure if this has been answered before: The T-45C is a "paid" version, with the licensefile included in the download. The EULA also speaks of the possibility of VNAO to revoke the licence at any time without prior notice. I really like the T-45C, which leads me to the question: Whats next? Is it going to be a commercial product one day, like we have seen with the MB339?

edit:

Where is a place to report bugs? The RPM-gauge is off. Set it to like 80% with the big pointer, the small one will be somewhere around 5 instead of 0.

This is kind of like a drug dealer, giving out free samples, and then making you pay for the good stuff right?  I'd pay for a T-45C Module if it were priced right and came in good working order.  I think VNAO Simulations has all the makings of a real commercial software development team!  @MadMaxteryou guys rock!

• Like 6

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get the argument number for the speed brakes, so that I can hook my LEDs on my throttle to the state of the speed brakes.  For example, Exterior Light Master Switch is argument number 400, and flaps are argument number 7, which I get from the clickabledata.lua.  I cannot for the life of me however find the correct value for the speed brakes.  Wondering if anyone else has figured it out.  Thanks,

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zyll said:

I'm trying to get the argument number for the speed brakes, so that I can hook my LEDs on my throttle to the state of the speed brakes.  For example, Exterior Light Master Switch is argument number 400, and flaps are argument number 7, which I get from the clickabledata.lua.  I cannot for the life of me however find the correct value for the speed brakes.  Wondering if anyone else has figured it out.  Thanks,

@Zyll check with @Baldawg and see if he has a tip on this subject...

• Like 1

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/16/2020 at 7:54 AM, dali said:

whaat? omg, that would be so cool. I'm enjoying the rides with Herky already 🙂

Not to get off topic, but that would be pretty awesome. It might just bring over some pure flight sim guys. Woud be cool if it had an autopilot so the player could jump to the back. And of course muiti crew. Seems like alot for a mod. But some of these mods seem really in depth. 

• Like 1

What exactly is it doing?  Any specifics that you can provide will help better understand the issue.  What version of DCS are you running?  Here are a couple things to immediately try:

1. Delete the mod in your .../users/<username>/Saved Games/<DCS Folder>/Mods/Aircraft, should be the "VNAO_T45" directory and do a fresh install

2. Do a local file verification if Steam or its equivalent for the standalone version.

Send a follow-up and lets us know what happened.

Im running 2.7.3 without issue.  I'm running CAM and MAM without issue as well.

Are you seeing the T45 icon along the bottom of the main DCS screen?

Directory structure where the mod is placed is the only time I've seen this issue.

Hopefully DCS validation will find the problem.

5 minutes ago, joojoo said:

How can I use comms in order to communicate with the carrier and towers in SP?

not implemented yet.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, Hunter Joker said:

Do You think it will be implemented?

I don't know, you would have to ask the developers. I know it can be done, since the A-4E can do so since its version 2.0, but maybe it is not a priority for the T-45 as the MP crowd prefers to use Simple Radio.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Surprising they didn't implement the radio, as the mod's purpose is for carrier training, which requires ball calls to get a grade. Can't train very well if you can't get a grade.
To be fair, the A-4C-E developers had to totally re-engeneer the radios, and is currently the only community module that has a radio. Though the source code is out there as far as I know.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1