VNAO T-45 Goshawk

Can we get an official state of multi crew support?

I've seen a few people talking about some issues, but I'm not sure where development is, and if it's ongoing. 

The multicrew sync seems mostly okay, except engine and fuel.

Can this be worked around currently, and is this going to be fixed by the devs?

Thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrench said:

Can we get an official state of multi crew support?

I've seen a few people talking about some issues, but I'm not sure where development is, and if it's ongoing. 

The multicrew sync seems mostly okay, except engine and fuel.

Can this be worked around currently, and is this going to be fixed by the devs?

Thanks.

Yeah. As a two seat trainer MC sync should be the highest priority.

Multi-crew is among the highest of priorities as we move forward with this project. Rest assured, though the announcements have tapered off, the work continues and the devs are nose down in the cockpit concentrating on improving this aircraft. We hear your concerns and will work to alleviate many of your worries. Please stand by.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

I DO NOT HAVE ALPHANUMERIC CHARACTERS ON THE HUD OR MFD SCREENS. Hi there. I do not have alphanumeric characters (neither numbers nor letters) in any of the screens, so you can only fly in analog, looking at the clocks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both DCS and Mod VNAO_T45, and checked that it has MFDDefs.lua and that it contains the command line font_T45MFD. I have also raised the simulator textures to High. Likewise, I have tried different resolutions of my monitor, which is HDR. My computer has an Nvidia 3600 graphics so I don't think it is a problem with the computer. How can I solve it?

IMG_0497.jpg

I DO NOT HAVE ALPHANUMERIC CHARACTERS ON THE HUD OR MFD SCREENS. Hi there. I do not have alphanumeric characters (neither numbers nor letters) in any of the screens, so you can only fly in analog, looking at the clocks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both DCS and Mod VNAO_T45, and checked that it has MFDDefs.lua and that it contains the command line font_T45MFD. I have also raised the simulator textures to High. Likewise, I have tried different resolutions of my monitor, which is HDR. My computer has an Nvidia 3600 graphics so I don't think it is a problem with the computer. How can I solve it?
IMG_0497.thumb.jpg.485019e4054e7ed16bef6f6cefc78c31.jpg
Other mods installed?
Check the DCS log to check what's going on, or post it here.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2021-10-16 16:02:46.428 ERROR COCKPITBASE: ccSymbParser: points storage 'T45_HUD_MFD_Font' was not found

2021-10-16 16:02:46.429 WARNING LOG: 48 duplicate message(s) skipped.

2021-10-16 16:02:46.429 ERROR COCKPITBASE: ccSymbParser: points storage 'T45_Alpha_Symbol' was not found

2021-10-16 16:02:46.429 ERROR COCKPITBASE: ccSymbParser: points storage 'T45_HUD_MFD_Font' was not found

2021-10-16 16:02:46.429 WARNING LOG: 48 duplicate message(s) skipped.

2021-10-16 16:02:46.429 ERROR COCKPITBASE: ccSymbParser: points storage 'T45_Alpha_Symbol' was not found

Seems that some files of the T-45 mod are missing. Check your antivirus logs to confirm that it has not touched them.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

RESOLVED. In case it happens to anyone else in the future, the problem was that my Windows user name was created with a space and an accent, and one of those two characters (or both) made DCS not to find the path to the files it needed to query from Mod VNAO_T45. It didn't work to change the user name to one without space or accent (it seems that internally it still had something wrong and DCS still couldn't find the path to the files), so we had to create a new user (without space or accent) and reinstall the Mod in this new user, and it worked on the first try.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Sounds like you could have also moved your Saved Games folder to a custom location, assuming that's the path you are referring to which defaults under the c:/users/your_username folder structure.

Simple find your Saved Games folder, right click Properties - Location and change the location there.

Glad tho that you shared your findings with us!

• Like 2

En 18/10/2021 a las 11:47, BARRYGUN dijo:

RESOLVED. In case it happens to anyone else in the future, the problem was that my Windows user name was created with a space and an accent, and one of those two characters (or both) made DCS not to find the path to the files it needed to query from Mod VNAO_T45. It didn't work to change the user name to one without space or accent (it seems that internally it still had something wrong and DCS still couldn't find the path to the files), so we had to create a new user (without space or accent) and reinstall the Mod in this new user, and it worked on the first try.

OMG, that was the reason I had the same problem: my Windows username has had an accent mark on it.....I changed username, user file name and windows registry and now.....IT WORKS!!!!

Thank you so much.

Edited by LanzelotLXXI
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

Is there a training mission to download?

I edited a few a while ago, but have not tested them on the latest release of DCS, you can give them a try if you want:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26iJ4DNEmH7N8zgPanMA?e=0oDvUb

The weapons training missions require the 476th VFG Target Range Mod, you can get it here:  https://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php?254-Air-Weapons-Range-Objects ... these objects are used to measure your shooting accuracy:

Screen_210515_163520.jpg

PS: Please send me a PM if you find a bug with them.

F32.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've just tested this mod, what an amazing addition to DCS. Thanks you so much guys. Here i share a short video where this beauty is the star (and the Cat, of course haha)

• Like 4

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, ConstipatedCheesehead said:

I'm totally new to DCS and this plane. I fly xPlane a lot, and I'm working towards a CPL in real life, but I've never had any experience with naval, nor military flight. Are there any guides on what controllers I need to map to my joystick, checklists and such ? (Specially on how I shoot out of the carrier)

The Grim Reapers videos should cover most things:

I think there are some small mistakes in the Case I recovery, though.

If you want more infos check the CNATRA 1200 series documents

https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs-pat-pubs.asp

• Like 1