VNAO T-45 Goshawk

On 12/14/2021 at 5:34 AM, Fresh said:

2. Dropping bombs: it doesn't matter if I select single or ripple mode, holding the weapons release button drops bombs whilst held down.

IIRC that's intended. 1 pickle press = 1 bomb. RPPL is only for rockets, and QTY is an inventory counter that automatically decrements with weapon release (not a release QTY), according to CNATRA documentation. 

3. Can't display true airspeed on HUD in manual release A/G mode

Not sure why the mod shows GS in the HUD instead of TAS (CNATRA indicates TAS where GS is shown for us), but if your mission has minimal wind then GS should be close enough to TAS. 

5. To hook-up on a SuperCarrier I can't get the nosewheel over the shuttle... after full power and jiggling the controls it suddenly overcomes the force needed.

That's been a Day 1 issue. Probably a mod limitation. 

23 hours ago, Nealius said:

IIRC that's intended. 1 pickle press = 1 bomb. RPPL is only for rockets, and QTY is an inventory counter that automatically decrements with weapon release (not a release QTY), according to CNATRA documentation. 

Not sure why the mod shows GS in the HUD instead of TAS (CNATRA indicates TAS where GS is shown for us), but if your mission has minimal wind then GS should be close enough to TAS. 

About #5, I haven’t downloaded this plane yet, so does this mean you can land on, but not launch from, a carrier?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

15 minutes ago, TWC_SLAG said:

About #5, I haven’t downloaded this plane yet, so does this mean you can land on, but not launch from, a carrier?

You can launch. It just takes some fiddling. Go full power, wiggle the rudders a few times, go back to idle, repeat the process until you can slide over the shuttle. I haven't tried the Stennis or Forrestal, but those shouldn't have this issue since they don't have the holdback bar modeled. 

Edited by Nealius

Is version 1.01 still the latest available?

• Like 1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

27 minutes ago, Steve Gee said:

Is version 1.01 still the latest available?

Yes.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

On 12/27/2021 at 12:33 AM, Nealius said:

Thanks for your response. (Sorry, I don't know how to quote ony part of your reply in the forum...)

The problem I have with bomb release is that if I press and release, I am getting more than one bomb released if I hold it pressed a little too long.. it should register only one press and wait for "button up" trigger before releasing another bomb.

The GS problem isn't solved with 0 wind, because if I am in a 40° nose down flight path, my groundspeed is a lot less (the cosine of the dive angle) or explained differently: if I am in a straight down dive my groundspeed is 0, but my airspeed is not. (To be honest: haven't checked if the T-45's HUD follows this logic. I just checked, GS goes to 0 when vertical up or down.)

A friend of mine is going to try DCS tonight, gave him the link to this MOD. With Rudel_chw's great tutorial missions he'll be up to speed quickly enough!

Edited by Fresh

@MadMaxter Will we see Lighting Control Knob Axis Commands option in the next version.

I've also noticed that on takeoff and landing in the rain, the rain drops on the canopy go the opposite way that they would in real flying...and confirmed by comparing to the Viper and Hornet canopy raindrops.

Any and all Updates from VNAO are appreciated.

DW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

25 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

Is the T-45 a standard mod install…?

ie copy folders to the game save file?

Yes, copy the folder into Saved Games/DCS Open Beta/Mods/Aircraft

• Thanks 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

Hi all, I've recently installed the T45 and I just love it. Can't stop zooming around the carrier and Case-1 the hell out of this bird !

Just one question : Why are most of the liveries adorned with Marines markings ? I thought Navy would be the most common markings - if not the only one, I believe Marine av training is done using the F-18.

I tried to swim the 40+-page discussion to get the answer, but my brain gave up. Any answers or hints would be mucho appreciated.

Fly safe

Squire

Hey,

are there any known Problems since the last update?

i downloaded and installed it as described. My DCS accepted it (I shows installed,i can set a Wallpaper etc) but i cant choose it. Neither in fast Mossion nor in the Mission Editor. It doesnt appear in the List of available Aircrafts

Edit:

Ok,it seems that there are missing files? The T-45 is only available in Instant Mossions in Familiarization Flights Night and Day.

Edited by Rooker

F18 Hornet Signatur.jpg

Rig: VKB Gladiator Nxt Premium;TM TWCS;DelanClip

Modules: F15;F-18 Hornet;Supercarrier;Persian Gulf;Syria

2 hours ago, Rooker said:

Hey,

are there any known Problems since the last update?

i downloaded and installed it as described. My DCS accepted it (I shows installed,i can set a Wallpaper etc) but i cant choose it. Neither in fast Mossion nor in the Mission Editor. It doesnt appear in the List of available Aircrafts

Edit:

Ok,it seems that there are missing files? The T-45 is only available in Instant Mossions in Familiarization Flights Night and Day.

Same here, I think there are no developed missions as in the A-4E.

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

2 hours ago, Rooker said:

nor in the Mission Editor. It doesnt appear in the List of available Aircrafts

Make sure that the Historic Filter is not enabled, as that feature only works with official aircrafts and not with User created aircrafts.

2KXgb0h.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 1/10/2022 at 12:05 PM, squire said:

Hi all, I've recently installed the T45 and I just love it. Can't stop zooming around the carrier and Case-1 the hell out of this bird !

Just one question : Why are most of the liveries adorned with Marines markings ? I thought Navy would be the most common markings - if not the only one, I believe Marine av training is done using the F-18.

I tried to swim the 40+-page discussion to get the answer, but my brain gave up. Any answers or hints would be mucho appreciated.

Fly safe

Squire

Short answer: The Navy and USMC train together. The USMC is falls under the Department of the Navy! That's why you will see VMFAT-101 train Navy guys. Look at a VFA-106 legacy bird and you will see Marines on one side and Navy on the other on some jets! Same with the T-45's!

We ride together, we die together, bad boys for life!
Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

On 1/12/2022 at 4:21 PM, Jackjack171 said:

Short answer: The Navy and USMC train together. The USMC is falls under the Department of the Navy! That's why you will see VMFAT-101 train Navy guys. Look at a VFA-106 legacy bird and you will see Marines on one side and Navy on the other on some jets! Same with the T-45's!

We ride together, we die together, bad boys for life!
Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

Thanks for the answer ! That may sound stupid, but since I tend to do most flying in the cockît, I never figured that the markings were different on each side... ooopsie. Good to see that visible mark of brotherhood/sisterhood, with a good helping of interservice rivalry and banter 🙂

Squire out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, squire said:

Thanks for the answer ! That may sound stupid, but since I tend to do most flying in the cockît, I never figured that the markings were different on each side... ooopsie. Good to see that visible mark of brotherhood/sisterhood, with a good helping of interservice rivalry and banter 🙂

Squire out

Not stupid at all, my friend. The only stupid question is the one not asked!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did not see anyone ask the question, but is this mod still being worked/improved upon?  Been pretty silent for a few years unless I am missing a discord or something.  The website has not seemed to have changed.  There was a skunk works project being worked that was never unveiled and the current version has seen no love in over a year.  Really hoping they are still plugging away on this one.  Really love it as a trainer.  Any updates would be refreshing.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devil 505 said:

Well I did not see anyone ask the question, but is this mod still being worked/improved upon?  Been pretty silent for a few years unless I am missing a discord or something.  

I'm not quite sure, but I don't think it's been a year yet since the T-45 mod came out...

10 hours ago, Doc3908 said:

I'm not quite sure, but I don't think it's been a year yet since the T-45 mod came out...

You are correct.  Just checked.  1.01 was released 4/28/21.  Feels longer.  I would still like to see what their progress is like on her and what their skunk works project is.  I was flying the T-45 last night and in VR, her HUD color needs some work.  It is to bright or the green color is off.  Many times it is difficult to see because of the clouds or sky, especially the sun, so I fly with the MFD HUD.  When I play it back after a recording, you can see it fine on screen, just not in VR.  I think it just needs a little VR optimization.