Wish: MP3 player option rather than walkman

bkthunder

I know the whole 80's thing etc. I get it and it's great, but:

1. could we have the option to instantly skip to the next/previous song?

2. can we have the option to hear the music also in external view?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

If the realism is preventing this request, i would ask, if it is then possible to remember the tape position of the walkman. Such that i don't have to listen to the same songs everytime i hit the play button or have to fast forward for minutes. The songs later on the tape are good too but one listens to them very seldom bc. of this.

A cd player that stops with bumps

:megalol:

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

I know this thread is for a wishlist item, but IMHO better suggestions to the walkman system are kinda appropriate anyway to make the shortcomings less significant:

Add the pencil. And let Jester be good at knowing where the songs start, so you can tell him to get song X on side Y. Along with some time ofc to wait until he gets there.

As mentioned already, I want to switch the sides. Most tapes were 2x 30min IIRC. Let's have the stuff structured appropriately in folders, so we also can add more tapes with the ability to switch those. Note that it's also taking less long to get somewhere specific on a 30min tape compared to having a folder with more in it than a tape could take. I know there were 90min, 120min and even longer ones. But I'd be perfectly OK if we just had the 60min ones simulated.

File Structure should be like:

Walkman\Meteor - Defender of the Fleet.A\01 - Zone V.ogg

That way, some code could parse the tape name and title out of the structure and generate a track list for the kneeboard. Track length is also available from the files directly.

Then we'd just need some keybinds to select the tape and switch side, ofc with the correct tape position dependant on where you've been on the other side, so if you listened to it until the end, you'd have less to rewind.

BTW we've got the "insert tape" sound file already and it's not being used, so I guess it's planned to evolve this feature anyway, just not at the highest priority.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think it’s reflective of the quality state the Tomcat released in that our biggest complaint is with the music player! :lol:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

And integrated into the damage model

Indeed, I'd like to see that in the maintenance report... ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I support the request for realistic tape behavior. The tape stops and then resumes at the exact spot even years later, when you press play!

Currently it is totally unrealistic , as it "magically" rewinds the tape everytime I enter the cockpit.

And the B-side of the tape is a cool idea either... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)