Jester Menu won't show up anymore

Kenan

After installing Voice Attack, Jester Menu won't show ingame, even after pressing assigned key/HOTAS button.

This happens even with the Voice Attack disabled.

No matter what key I assign for Jester Menu, it simply won't show up ingame.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Is it after this update that came out today?

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

I'm my experience, I don't think that Voiceattack buy itself will block out the Jester menu. VA is not DCS specific unless you make it. Question, did you install VAICOM?

~Bailey

I think you are referring to the AIRIO plugin for Vaicom which itself is an addon to Voiceattack.

AIRIO disables Jester UI. If you have further questions on VoiceAttack, the Input and Output subforum had a lot of good info an a permanent thread on voiceattack.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

thanks lancerr methinks this IS the problem as i have AIRIO as well...same happened cheers M8!

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
^^Yes I did. It always screws up Jester keybind/function in-game.

I removed it and use my own profile.

There's an option in VAICOM that disables the on-screen text when using Jester. Google is your friend.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2022 at 8:23 PM, JFCshloss said:

i dont have any of the above on y systewm yet ive still ost my jester menu 

i hear themic click when i press a but no  graphics shows up

As a quick test, rename your %userprofile%\saved games\dcs to \dcs.backup and run DCS. Just run any mission with F-14 and press A to check.

It's usually a 3rd party app, mod or custom file settings issue.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

ok figured that part out its workign again so now to find the offending mod 

so far ive eliminated ay of the ship or ground vehicle mods as the offender so must be a plane  will check  tomoz thanks for that draconus wouldent have gotten past it without your advice 

13 hours ago, JFCshloss said:

lol cabt even find a file or folder called  %userprofile%

The system will know, so you don't have to search for it.

It doesn't have to be a mod. It might be one of the config files messing up. Make your usual settings, copy your config/input profiles from the backup, the mission editor/logbook.lua to keep your flight history and check every time after adding back stuff if it still works.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria