How to set up LAN without internet connection?

Thor77

Our virtual squadron would like to make a public presentation at an airshow but most likely than not, internet connection won't be available. We were thinking of presenting crowds with F-14 flights but are not really certain how to do it.

If you launch DCS without internet connection, it disables multiplayer option. Is there a workaround that we could use to set up LAN?

Thanks!

http://dcsskins.wordpress.com/

Your place for custom created DCS World skins.

Intel i5-9600K|Asus Z390F Strix|32GB RAM|ASUS GTX1080Ti Strix

24" Samsung P2470HD|TIR4pro|Oculus Rift CV1|Trustmaster HOTAS Warthog|CH Pro pedals|Logitech Performance MX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If possible, set up a phone as a mobile wifi hotspot for everyone to access/sign in with then once you're in you should be able to play over the LAN by connecting to the host's IP directly. That's all I've got. :dunno:

But you need to be connected to your mobile provider network, else you would not be able to mount your phone as WiFi hotspot.

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

FWIW

Assuming you mean folks with no DCS account, and you are wanting multiple folks to fly together?

I have not stood up the new server, so I am guessing, but with other games which I have stood up servers on LAN's (If DCS does this) you could stand up a box hosting the DCS server on a loopback address i.e. 127.0.0.1 but listening on a static assigned IP like 10.10.1.1 private IP. Assign the other workstations to be on that LAN also, 10.10.1.X.

IF the DCS server allows listening on fixed IP, and monitoring itself on a loopback address, the server should accept connections from anyone on the Private LAN you setup CAVEAT - I have not done this. So I am not sure how the DCS dedicated server works. I am just going from instances of standing up Team Fortress Servers for LAN parties, Rainbow 6 servers etc. If DCS does not do this, I would recommend that they include this functionality at some point. FWIW.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).