Super weird TM Warthog problem

Kim Jong-un

After i finished one session yesterday of gaming. My joystick started to acting wierd, all the buttons on the joystick were pushed down at the same when i move in the X-axle direction.

Have tried differnt USB ports, but problem still exits.

Anyone have an guess of what to do?

First pic below is when stick is in neutral postion. Second is when stick is moved to the right and no buttons a psychically held down. But somehow they are all pushed down.

TM support sucks i wont even bother to contact them.

1252994770_Skrmklipp.JPG.c3b9d803240697b224c3d99b51e5530e.JPG

1521554593_Skrmklipp1.JPG.890c52b9c56ea9c47b2c0989243c5e71.JPG

Edited by Kim Jong-un

Supreme leader

Maybe a short circuit in the cabling of the stick. It's strange that it only appears when the stick is tilted to the right.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

After i finished one session yesterday of gaming. My joystick started to acting wierd, all the buttons on the joystick were pushed down at the same when i move in the X-axle direction.

Have tried differnt USB ports, but problem still exits.

Anyone have an guess of what to do?

First pic below is when stick is in neutral postion. Second is when stick is moved to the right and no buttons a psychically held down. But somehow they are all pushed down.

TM support sucks i wont even bother to contact them.

You could have an issue with an inner cable being pinched/broken in the base. I recommend dismantle and look inside. There is a small spot where the cable comes through to the ball. Or . . . .possibly a disconnect in there. The X/Y axis in analogue so it is strange why digital keys are being pressed.

Also, check if the stick has no issues where it mounts to the base. Remove and reset.

That's all I can think of.

Had not exactly the same but a similar problem (with a virpil base)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234186&highlight=cougar

In the beginning, I thought that was related to my old cougar grip. But I had the same problems even after installing a brand new Warthog grip I bought from TM, so currently I'm talking with Virpil (base manufacturer) to solve the problem

Had not exactly the same but a similar problem (with a virpil base)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234186&highlight=cougar

In the beginning, I thought that was related to my old cougar grip. But I had the same problems even after installing a brand new Warthog grip I bought from TM, so currently I'm talking with Virpil (base manufacturer) to solve the problem

Thx, for your reply. Seems that it is a software issue inside the windows.

Supreme leader

You could have an issue with an inner cable being pinched/broken in the base. I recommend dismantle and look inside. There is a small spot where the cable comes through to the ball. Or . . . .possibly a disconnect in there. The X/Y axis in analogue so it is strange why digital keys are being pressed.

Also, check if the stick has no issues where it mounts to the base. Remove and reset.

That's all I can think of.

What explains Catseye about a cable pinched, happened to my Thrust Master Hotas, it was in warranty and i send it to solve the problem, never happened again

huh, I had a similar problem because one cable came off. The wiring inside the TM, quite honestly, sucks. I wish they would have spent another 25 cents for the wire upgrade. But for me, not all buttons were lit up. So maybe you have a board problem.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 5 months later...

UPDATE:

Finally had the time to examine the stick. Open the stick it up there were some lose wires, and i solder it back.

Edit. When the joystick was pushed forward, it was a short circut between ground wire and the other cable.

attachment.php?attachmentid=93923&d=1391533528

Edited by Kim Jong-un

Supreme leader