pagadi-zaiet

• ED Team

Wags said soon

soon

/suːn/

adverb

in or after a short time.

"everyone will soon know the truth"

synonyms: in a short time, shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now), by and by

used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter.

"I'd just as soon Tim did it"

synonyms: rather, by preference, preferably, from/by choice, more willingly, more readily; if I had my druthers

"I would sooner stay"

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Wags said soon

soon

/suːn/

adverb

synonyms: in a short time, shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now), by and by

synonyms: rather, by preference, preferably, from/by choice, more willingly, more readily; if I had my druthers

"I would sooner stay"

...sure yes, we only waiting for one year...or more to see something positive in this dept !

Edited by pagadi-zaiet

Ya know... I don't normally engage in this crap but, this just gets stupid.

People of the community complain that ED doesn't communicate and doesn't give us information

-- Wags and the ED team begin giving us information and updates of what they're working on

Then we complain about the time frame

-- ED begins releasing content a bit faster with less time to test.

Then we complain about how "they should have tested better, they break everything, bla bla bla"

You catch the drift. We (as a community) are not the programmers or developers of ED. Yet, we want everything working right everyday. Every update better have whatever was even "hinted" at being a possibility immediately.

STOP COMPLAINING!!

Yes, I get just as frustrated and want the same features. However, just learning to use MOOSE scripting is a pain in the rear. So, I can't image what coding VR, and terrain engines must be like. The complex coding of the aircraft, etc. Unless, you're willing to dive in and show that you can do it better and faster, knock it off. Do you (people who religiously throw your complaints out) ever think of how demoralizing it must be to read this crap day in an day out.

I complain too.. just not on the forums where the developers and team can see this crap tossed in their face. I have no idea what it takes to make this all work together.

Give them a damn break. At lease tthey're working on it. I have seen plenty of software and other games/sims that couldn't give 2 craps about the communities complaints/requests.

Just food for thought. Give them a chance and a pat on the back vrs saying they're efforts aren't good enough and slapping them in the face... every day...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

Wags said soon

soon

/suːn/

adverb

"I would sooner stay"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

People of the community complain that ED doesn't communicate and doesn't give us information

-- Wags and the ED team begin giving us information and updates of what they're working on

Then we complain about how "they should have tested better, they break everything, bla bla bla"

I fully agree with your rant :)

... I would suggest to the OP to go try VR on other flight sims, I've done it ... tried them all, and found that their VR support (if they do have any) is pityful compared with ED's ... and yet there is still people who finds nothing better than complain and be negative.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Wags said soon

He clearly said that it comes in the future updates after more testing etc. But what you can do when people jump on the horse after hearing 50% improvement that they already achieved? :-D

I was happy to hear such news, while I hold my horses because I realised few things:

• It is under testing, research etc what else can be done and how it really does affect things. So expectations for me is 2019... So it is not coming on next update, but sooner it comes, more surprised I am and of course happy. But I can't hold that for ED that if it is not sooner.

• The 50% is vague point, it can be "at best we got 50% improvement" or "by average it leads to 50% improvement" or it is "we got on everything about 50% improvement". All depending what kind a fix or change there is for the code. So no reasons to raise huge hopes that now everything is perfect...

And there was even the one link to the third party site dedicated for VR games and there was same way written "50% performance improvement coming out on next update".

Like from where do people really get all these things when original source did not write anything about the time table?

I am just happy that we got such news, that they have done some big breakthrough in their opinion and that is great! It is like waiting a Christmas, on July.... If someone gets angry because Christmas is not on next day, it is totally only their own mind....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• ED Team
And there was even the one link to the third party site dedicated for VR games and there was same way written "50% performance improvement coming out on next update".

yeah the trouble with some third party sites they like to expand the official quotes without having any real knowledge of the situation.

Either way we have a good update to look forward to :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Completely agree. Some people complain that ED isn't telling them anything, and then the instant they tell us something, those same people take it as a promise that the thing they're working on will be addressed in the next update, and complain that it didn't happen when no such promises were made.

I think this video clip fits. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

You catch the drift. We (as a community) are not the programmers or developers of ED. Yet, we want everything working right everyday. Every update better have whatever was even "hinted" at being a possibility immediately.

STOP COMPLAINING!!

Yes, I get just as frustrated and want the same features. However, just learning to use MOOSE scripting is a pain in the rear. So, I can't image what coding VR, and terrain engines must be like. The complex coding of the aircraft, etc. Unless, you're willing to dive in and show that you can do it better and faster, knock it off. Do you (people who religiously throw your complaints out) ever think of how demoralizing it must be to read this crap day in an day out.

I complain too.. just not on the forums where the developers and team can see this crap tossed in their face. I have no idea what it takes to make this all work together.

Give them a damn break. At lease tthey're working on it. I have seen plenty of software and other games/sims that couldn't give 2 craps about the communities complaints/requests.

Just food for thought. Give them a chance and a pat on the back vrs saying they're efforts aren't good enough and slapping them in the face... every day...

You have no idea what you talking about! ...Updates in VR dept were announced months ago. They had enough time to release something of any substance by now!

You have no idea what you talking about! ...Updates in VR dept were announced months ago. They had enough time to release something of any substance by now!

So now you resort to insulting your fellow forum members.

That’s really no more cool than the opening post.

Please, go take a chill pill.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

STOP COMPLAINING!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

...sure yes, we only waiting for one year...or more to see something positive in this dept !

I believe Wags said that the issue was only recently identified by ED and will soon be fixed. So that's more than good news to me.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

A quick question, how many on this forum have been involved in software development? This can be actual coding, testing, technical support, product management or marketing? The only thing I have not done is coding. I have worked on software that is used to calculate how much radiation to give cancer patients for 20 years. A bug can kill someone.

If not you have no idea what is involved. I think it was in the Fighter Pilot podcast that Wags talked about several parts of the software that they were improving but to Implement A, they first have to B which is dependent on changes in C, F and M. I have been amazed about the speed of the development and communication. And I think people forget that they are using the Beta version.

And yes it can be frustrating when bugs happen, it should give you an idea of the complexity of software development. Look at Apple or Microsoft some of their updates break things.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Pagadi, I share your feelings and totally understand. It's such BS when developers make statements that they don't back up. I advise you to uninstall DCS world and turn your computer off. Unplug it also. This will make you feel so much better. Wait till this time next year and try installing DCS world again. By then, VR may be highly improved. There you go Pagadi, show ED how you feel by turning off your computer and taking up bird watching. It's very constructive with less stress.:thumbup: