[FREEZE FIXED INTERNALLY] JDAM Feedback thread

NineLine

I initially thought the same, that they dont change. Then I realized that they didnt change either in wags video. Must be WIP.

Correct, they have to be changed manually currently...the programs will not individually identify to the stations. I.E. you have to manually reselect the program you want at the time of release. If you have more than one quatity boxed, they will drop simultaneously and only for one program instead of the independent programs you identify when you are setting them up. As it sits, there really isn’t a quantity release unless you want them to all drop on the same DMPI.

@Nineline. I haven’t forgot about the track request, I just haven’t flown since that was posted.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In video...

I initially thought the same, that they dont change. Then I realized that they didnt change either in wags video. Must be WIP.

No, in video stations change initially when Wags is setting up PPIs but don't change when he goes through them later. For me no change whatsoever.

Also, same settings and drop parameters - speed and altitude, give different results between JDAM types - normal vs. penetrator warhead. I will stay away from JDAM as it is clearly WIP

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

drop a JDAM to a high altitude target.

Hi dudes,

I've tried to hit a big building placed in Kerman area (Iran), about 5750 feet of altitude, but the bomb wrong totally the target.

Flight level about 25K. (QFE at 29.92) GBU-31.

I used the right coordinate format DD°MM'SS.ss''. I've tried in feet and also in meters, but nothing has changed.

Than I used the same configuration to a target at sea level and everything it's ok.

Any idea?

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used some JDAMs on a quick mission using TOO mode, and edited waypoints to be directly over the targets I wanted to hit. I only used the coordinates and elevation I got from the F10 map input directly into the UFC. As long as I didn't release at max range or anything I got bang-on direct hits. Seems good to me.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Hey, i have a problem, when i throw the bombs whit JDAM [in MULTIPLAYER and SINGLEPLAYER] (GBU-31(V)3/B , GBU 31 and GBU-38 ) the game crash, i dont know why this happend, i follow the same process than Matt Wagner, my mate, and i´m sure than the selected QTY station and the selected wingform selected station match, i tried all the possibilities to throw the bomb, and the strangest thing it´s than when i trhow the bomb it´s to random, sometimes dont crash and sometimes yes.

Lo importante no es la caida, es el aterizaje

Hi,

I hope this problem will be solved in the next update.

Thank you.

Since the title of this thread includes [FREEZE FIXED INTERNALLY] (which means that they have it fixed in the code they are currently working on, but has not been release publicly, including to the beta) there is a high likelihood that will be fixed in the next update.

Think that's how it is in real life, I wouldn't expect it to change.

Really? Can you give a source?

If find that odd, in my opinion. What would be the reason to lose alignment? Maybe if the initial alignment was done a while ago and has degraded with time, but the way I see it, there isn't another technological reason for the alignment to be lost once initiated.

Is power completely cut off from the JDAM's electronics once you select anything else?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

If find that odd, in my opinion. What would be the reason to lose alignment? Maybe if the initial alignment was done a while ago and has degraded with time, but the way I see it, there isn't another technological reason for the alignment to be lost once initiated.

Is power completely cut off from the JDAM's electronics once you select anything else?

Can't give a source as it's against forum rules. It's also modelled this way in another game that models a Super Hornet with the same avionics as our Hornet - looks like power is cut off whenever you select anything else, which is why the full re-alignment is needed.

Unboxing a JDAM in the stores page cuts all power, and since it doesn't have any static memory for storing GPS and INS parameters, a full transfer alignment must be performed when re-selecting the JDAM.

Storing this data in non-volatile memory is a bad idea for a few reasons:

1. INS data would be completely unusable after a short time unless you are flying straight and level at at constant velocity. If the alignment quality is insufficient you will need to perform a full JDAM transfer alignment to rectify this.

2. Storing the keys for the P(y) GPS signal in a form where they may theoretically be recovered from UXO or fragments of the guidance unit is most likely something that the US DoD isn't particularly fond of.

JDAM does not explode

Did you set EFUZ to INST? Worked OK for me, once I did that.

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

DCS crash to desktop when using F-18 CBU's

DCS crash to desktop when using F-18 CBU's.

Has happened in the training mission and with a miz of my own.

ED, Please advise. LOG included

dcs.log-20190424-155634 (2).zip

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Thanks, but I am on the DCS stable version.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Don't worry, I saw your name . Also me, I've been on DCS for years and the Hornet is the first aircraft I'm so invested in.

Mavericks don't have INS, but still require to be boresighted to the aircraft. Otherwise, you can point the seeker somewhere and the triangle on the HUD might point somewhere else, or if you slave the seeker to a TGT point, it might not point exactly there. That can happen if the seeker is not aligned or boresighted. AFAIK, this is part of what happens in those 3 minutes, not just the cooling.

I might be wrong though, I'd like for someone with actual experience to confirm or deny this, maybe in a PM.

Anyway, when you step away from the MAV in the Stores page, you don't have to wait for anything to use it again, even if you left the seeker uncaged, you'll find it waiting for you the way you left it, ready to go, instantly. Which indicates to me that power is not cut. Unless my said alignment is not happening and it's simply a camera feed.

As for the terrain elevation map, I think it's going to come later. The INS is pretty much a placeholder at this point, it doesn't even require proper alignment.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro