Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

Wags

Yeah but there was a dedicated one under the Devices tab (on the left side and then either Rift S or Rift S and Touch) to restart the software when the headset was not recognized. That one is gone.

I myself do not recall that ever being there.

Only place I have ever seen it is in the Beta tab.

It is really easy to use there, alternatively you can also use the Oculus Tray Tool to do the same.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only there if there was a device not found/connected error. Then a restart software option was present when clicking on one of the red error lights.

If all is fine, there was no restart option. I always used this one to restart the Oculus software on a connection problem (only on startup of the Oculus software, never had a connection problem comming up when it connected fine from start).

Was not aware there was one under the Beta tab (didn't look there since i run stable).

OTT is an option but i only run OTT when i want to run a sim, not when only the Oculus software is running.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

It was only there if there was a device not found/connected error. Then a restart software option was present when clicking on one of the red error lights.

If all is fine, there was no restart option. I always used this one to restart the Oculus software on a connection problem (only on startup of the Oculus software, never had a connection problem comming up when it connected fine from start).

Was not aware there was one under the Beta tab (didn't look there since i run stable).

OTT is an option but i only run OTT when i want to run a sim, not when only the Oculus software is running.

Beta Tab does not mean the beta software (PTC).

The Beta tab is in the release software also, always has been.

FppuOSn.jpg

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There used to be a restart option in here:

yrMWtYY.png

Since the last software update, that one is gone.

This disconnect just happened now. Started Oculus just fine, all green, all working. Closed it and then around 10 mins later i wanted to check something again so i started Oculus again... no USB more working USB conncetion (although it has a green connected and working light). Computer stayed on all the time.

Solved: Closed Oculus, stopped the Oculus service, restarted the Oculus service, restarted Oculus. All good again...:music_whistling:

It never works with closing the Oculus software alone. Sevice needs to be stopped and relaunched.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I'm having the same problem... i dont know if is the last update of DCS or Oculus... if i go play single works ok, but when i get into to the server multiplayer he does this... and i have to do a lot of times the restart services of oculus...

I get a lot of "Display port not connected" error messages and crashes running 2.5.6 OB. The picture will freeze then the view will go off to the left. After a few seconds the display port not connected error message will disappear in my Oculus software, the picture will un-freeze, but only on my monitor, inside the headset the display will be black and even though I can move the headset around and see DCS still running and moving around on screen, it remains blank inside the headset. The only option I have is to close the Oculus software and restart. It occurs at random. Sometimes it happens within moments of starting DCS, other times I can go a good two hour session before it crashes, or if I'm luck, not at all. It barely ever happens when I'm running 2.5 stable. It's only ever happened once or twice on stable, most of the time I have no problem with crashes on that version.

I'm having the same problem... i dont know if is the last update of DCS or Oculus... if i go play single works ok, but when i get into to the server multiplayer he does this... and i have to do a lot of times the restart services of oculus...

There used to be a restart option in here:

yrMWtYY.png

Since the last software update, that one is gone.

This disconnect just happened now. Started Oculus just fine, all green, all working. Closed it and then around 10 mins later i wanted to check something again so i started Oculus again... no USB more working USB conncetion (although it has a green connected and working light). Computer stayed on all the time.

Solved: Closed Oculus, stopped the Oculus service, restarted the Oculus service, restarted Oculus. All good again...:music_whistling:

It never works with closing the Oculus software alone. Sevice needs to be stopped and relaunched.

Something (no idea what) is amiss there, you definitely should not have to stop the Oculus service each time.

Don B

It's the only solution i have to get it working again when the USB connection error roars it's ugly head without diving under my desk and unplugging the headset. Sometimes i get by with +10 boots without a problem, sometimes not. It's always a hit and miss.

The restart option under the Backup tab does in fact the same thing in an automated sequence because closing and restarting the Oculus software alone never solves it.

I had it happen to me for the first time yesterday whilst I was in Google Earth VR so I'm guessing it's not a DCS related thing but something to do with Oculus.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

It's the only solution i have to get it working again when the USB connection error roars it's ugly head without diving under my desk and unplugging the headset. Sometimes i get by with +10 boots without a problem, sometimes not. It's always a hit and miss.

The restart option under the Backup tab does in fact the same thing in an automated sequence because closing and restarting the Oculus software alone never solves it.

You could get a powered USB 3 Hub that has individual on/off switches and have it on your desk.

Then just switch the port off when not using the Rift.

Don B

Yeah i know, it slipped my mind but then restarting the software does exactly the same thing. With a USB switch it might be quicker but it will not solve the problem that the USB communication does not start correctly once in a while. I do have a sequence programmed on my Streamdeck which does +/- the same as unpluggin' and re-pluggin' (for use when the Streamdeck runs).

I don't have the problem that it goes belly up mid game like some others seem to have. Today (but the day ain't over yet) i started my computer already a few times, no hick up as for now, always connection from the first time. It only happens now and then.

My PCI card works sometimes 10 days in a row without connection issue and then all of a sudden it's there again (often only ones).

Last night after starting up Oculus software (without connection issue) there was a stable update to version 17.0.

After that and the requested restart of the software, the connection issue roared it's ugly head again. Tried the restart Oculus software button under the Beta tab a few times, no luck. In the end, i stopped the Oculus service, started it again without booting in between (with 2 CMD links on the desktop), loaded the software again and bingo everything worked.

This morning after booting, same issue, can't find headset blabla, looked through device manager, USB RiftS entry's both alive and well but in Imaging Devices, the RiftS had an exclamation mark with the next text:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect.

Restarted Oculus software through the restart option 7 times in a row, no go. Closed the software again, stopped the Oculus service, started the service again and bingo all working again.

Headed over to the Oculus forum only to see that there are again a lot of complaints about the device not being detected. Same goes for not detecting USB3.0 ports, even on new motherboards.

Did put the computer to sleep, came back, woke it up, directly a Windows message that the headset was not recognized but in the software, everything green and the headset worked as normal.

Also when starting the Oculus software i often (25% of the time) get a short red message on top of the Oculus software that this device is not compatible with your hardware. This message vanishes almost directly and is no indication if the device will connect or not but for me it's some sort of indication that there are issues with sequence the way the device is connected and the software started. This is one of the reasons i start the service and software always manually. Gives a way better connection result.

With version 16 of the software, there we a lot more no USB communication errors then before, with version 17 it has gone even worse.

Oculus software reminds me a lot about Garmin Edge (cycling GPS device) software... :cry:.

Edited by Lange_666

I get a lot of "Display port not connected" error messages and crashes running 2.5.6 OB. The picture will freeze then the view will go off to the left. After a few seconds the display port not connected error message will disappear in my Oculus software, the picture will un-freeze, but only on my monitor, inside the headset the display will be black and even though I can move the headset around and see DCS still running and moving around on screen, it remains blank inside the headset. The only option I have is to close the Oculus software and restart. It occurs at random. Sometimes it happens within moments of starting DCS, other times I can go a good two hour session before it crashes, or if I'm luck, not at all. It barely ever happens when I'm running 2.5 stable. It's only ever happened once or twice on stable, most of the time I have no problem with crashes on that version.

I get the same issue as you do.

Don't know if this is a co-incidence, but I am also running an I7-3770 and 32MB RAM, with a Gigabyte 2070S GPU.

Contacted Oculus and they think it is an issue with DCS, not the Rift S.

Picked up a powered hub and it actually worked. Tried the pcie powered card and a different usb extension that didn’t but this one has so far (1 day)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07X91YGG1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

For me it did not (same powered hub as in the link). When using this hub i get a lot of (but not always): "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). USB device not recognized" errors on the second RiftS USB entry in the device manager. Removed it again, the communication succes rate for the headset is a lot better without powered USB hub.

I'm having issues too guys. Never had any before until now. DisplayPort won't connect.

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

For me it did not (same powered hub as in the link). When using this hub i get a lot of (but not always): "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). USB device not recognized" errors on the second RiftS USB entry in the device manager. Removed it again, the communication succes rate for the headset is a lot better without powered USB hub.

It’s really weird that certain usb hubs work for some and the same hub doesn’t for others. The inateck pcie hub didn’t work for me when many others had no problems and now this one works for some but not others. Makes me think that the Rift S really uses the resources to the limit of the usb and for some computers that’s just too much, maybe a combination of certain usb and motherboards or something.

I think it's not all USB resources that does it. There's a part software related in for sure. When the Rift-S gives a USB connection failure when the software is started it can be cured with only stopping and restarting the Oculus service, "without" unpluggin' and re-plugging the USB. So the power output of the USB stays the same.

The Rift-S can be alive because both the controllers and the Rift-S is detected, it just fails USB communication. How it then knows it's active and can pass the state of the controllers through the failing USB communication is a bit beyond me or this must go through the HDMI port (but if the USB communication fails, you never have an image inside the Rift so...)?

Also, once the connection/communication is "green", it stays green and i never had a failing USB connection once it's up and running, like mid game or so.. If it's that picky on USB resources it should fail also during the time it's alive and well. And that last one never happened to me (yet). It's just on startup that the connection/communications fails.

Edited by Lange_666

Done that since i got it, doesn't work for the connection problem.

Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

I think it's not all USB resources that does it. There's a part software related in for sure. When the Rift-S gives a USB connection failure when the software is started it can be cured with only stopping and restarting the Oculus service, "without" unpluggin' and re-plugging the USB. So the power output of the USB stays the same.

The Rift-S can be alive because both the controllers and the Rift-S is detected, it just fails USB communication. How it then knows it's active and can pass the state of the controllers through the failing USB communication is a bit beyond me or this must go through the HDMI port (but if the USB communication fails, you never have an image inside the Rift so...)?

Also, once the connection/communication is "green", it stays green and i never had a failing USB connection once it's up and running, like mid game or so.. If it's that picky on USB resources it should fail also during the time it's alive and well. And that last one never happened to me (yet). It's just on startup that the connection/communications fails.

Well I did have issues under certain cpu stressful conditions where it would drop connection, but I’ve got my system overclocked to the nuts to stay current so I assumed it was low power issues even though I’ve got a 1500w power supply. Maybe there are a lot of different issues that all have the same or similar symptoms.

this patch nailed VR for me, absolutely awesome performance, in MP, busy server 1100 units, not a stutter to be seen. New MSAA works a treat, im running almost max settings with 4x MSAA. Thanks ED.

Creator & Developer of XSAF ::An AI model that wants to kill you, and needs no help from humans.

Discord: PravusJSB#9484   twitch.tv/pravusjsb  https://www.patreon.com/XSAF  https://discord.gg/pC9EBe8vWU https://bmc.link/johnsbeaslu

Work with me on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/pravusjsb