Coord with jdam

FOXFIRE TWOONE

I dropped 100 gbu-38 bombs at a tank, one by one (took coordinates from F10 map DDMM.MM and converted to DDMMSS.SS). Not a single hit.

I used terminal guidance parameters from Matt's video.

F10 map coordinates do not update frequently enough for an accurate hit - try the mission editor instead

Concur!

Real simple. Just use MGRS and then type that MGRS into here http://www.legallandconverter.com/p50.html

Use the lat/lon at the bottom of the conversion. I.E. 50° 00' 29.52" N 112° 36' 51.84" W

On the UFC. N500029 -Enter 52- Enter LON W1123651- Enter 84 - Enter

easy peasy explosions!

Thanks a bunch! Works perfectly!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Real simple. Just use MGRS and then type that MGRS into here http://www.legallandconverter.com/p50.html

Use the lat/lon at the bottom of the conversion. I.E. 50° 00' 29.52" N 112° 36' 51.84" W

On the UFC. N500029 -Enter 52- Enter LON W1123651- Enter 84 - Enter

easy peasy explosions!

Thanks for this, helped me too!

For some reason, sometimes my bombs fall quite short of target. I'm wondering if a strong headwind could cause this.

run come save me

The In-Range cue doesn't seem to be working right currently. What I do is look at the outer/inner circle in the HSI and drop the JDAM about 3/4ths of the way from the outer to the inner and it works.

TEST..... It works very well....

Edited by purpi

You cannot convert that coordinates to anything more precise, similar how you cannot upsample an image.

You can do two things:

1. In ME, change to MGRS (press LALT + Y until you reach that format) and then use coordinates conversion website: http://www.earthpoint.us/Convert.aspx

or

2. In ME, change to DDMM.MMM (press LALT + Y until you reach that format) and then use coordinates conversion website: http://www.earthpoint.us/Convert.aspx , or just take 0.MMM x 60 = SS.SS you need in F18

Additionally, you need to convert altitudes from feet to meters, due bug in F-18.

Thanks, I used the 2nd method and managed to hit both my targets!

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Watch Matt Wagner's video.

The problem with this kind of video, it is just on how to, it doesn't explain why and what, it is a patch to fill the absence of manual.

Like the terminal guidance, what the f*** is that, why and how does it work ?

It's just one of many examples of the lack of accurate information.

I tried to find information about JDAM in A-10C manual > nothing...

Edited by flying-coyotus

what did the JDAM elevation ?

i took an ammo depot to Groom Lake ... Ele:4494 ft

Cold start at Nellis QFE set to baro height 40ft

For JDAM (GBU-31)

i set Log../Lat.. and Ele:4494 ... JDAM was too short

i set another JDAM same L/L and Ele: 1ft .. target hit !!

it confusing for me :(

too much ...

I notice too that north groom lake (for what i tested) is unaccurate while caucasus it's accurate.

(nothing to see with elev, it is just the position that is not correct > green square in hud is not where it is supposed to be, caucasus it is ok)

Edited by flying-coyotus

I always failed to launch the jdam due to the crashes, but the agm-154a/c can be launched even if they narrowly miss the target.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

So the best we can do (in a realistic mission) is ask an a10 or harrier to provide MGRS 10 digit format for 1 meter precision and convert it (with the website share here, which is great!) into hudredths of seconds for input into the JDAM menu.

JTAC can help you out in that regard, and once we get the TPOD that will make things a lot easier too.