FM after latest patch

Hummingbird

;3879449']Based on what? Your extensive experience flying Tomcsts in real life?

Tell me who flown Tomcat here? Lol FM is only close to real when it certified. I remember long time ago a SoCal company invited Mig-29 pilot to test their new game ( I actually knew him in person)He got H1B and went to USA. When he tried the game he was horrified, but CEO of the company insisted that all they can do. Later on the game appeared on shelf with “tested by real MiG-29 pilot” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me who flown Tomcat here? Lol FM is only close to real when it certified. I remember long time ago a SoCal company invited Mig-29 pilot to test their new game ( I actually knew him in person)He got H1B and went to USA. When he tried the game he was horrified, but CEO of the company insisted that all they can do. Later on the game appeared on shelf with “tested by real MiG-29 pilot” lol

giphy.gif

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

giphy.gif

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

How about that chief?

I know he did make input, but it make it authentic flight model. I’m talking about getting coordinated sustained steep turn without F-14 going all over the place?

Have you seen real Hornet pilot aka “mover” tries DCS F-18 and comment on flight model? DCS is a great sim for what it worth, but it didn’t get certified for real world yet. Some sims did.

I’ve seen several pilots tried DCS planes just to express their dissatisfaction with flight model.

And none of them were Tomcat pilots (unlike the 3 different pilots who independently verified the flight model).

Whats next, a bus driver is going to tell me the best way to heel-toe a Dodge Viper?

While I understand limitation of flight simulation to me F-14 flight model was exaggerated mess from day one :)

The Tomcat is easy to fly, but if you fly like an idiot then you will look like an idiot. No guessing in your case....

-Nick

How about that chief?

Bam! yes! ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

And none of them were Tomcat pilots (unlike the 3 different pilots who independently verified the flight model).

Whats next, a bus driver is going to tell me the best way to heel-toe a Dodge Viper?

The Tomcat is easy to fly, but if you fly like an idiot then you will look like an idiot. No guessing in your case....

-Nick

Oh dear no need to be that offensive. Gotta be open minded ;) I see F-14 is becoming a little cult of followers who are very defensive when someone disagree .

I once checked out F-18 pilot for local flying club, his attitude was way better than from a lot simmers nowadays. In fact pro flyers never have stuck up attitude ;)

Oh dear no need to be that offensive. Gotta be open minded ;) I see F-14 is becoming a little cult of followers who are very defensive when someone disagree .

I once checked out F-18 pilot for local flying club, his attitude was way better than from a lot simmers nowadays. In fact pro flyers never have stuck up attitude ;)

You shouldn't speak in absolutes. Especially about professional pilots. They are watching.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

I got paid for flying what does it make me? :)

hqdefault.jpg

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

I’ve seen several pilots tried DCS planes just to express their dissatisfaction with flight model. While I understand limitation of flight simulation to me F-14 flight model was exaggerated mess from day one :)

My TM Warthog doesn’t deliver anything that I can relate to real life stick and rudder flying LOL May be in universe of hardcore simmer it’s something that make sense, but in my case I’m totally frustrated. Lol

Kind of curious what you are basing that the F-14 Flight Model is an exaggerated mess. The F-14 is unlike any other plane DCS has offer. It is very hard to compare this aircraft to anything else you have flown in DCS. Having worked on the F-14 for many years and talking with several of the SME pilots that Heatblur used, the flight model is pretty accurate, and will continue to be tweaked as early access continues, but everything about this plane is pretty realistic so far, tjere will be bugs here and there and adjustments will be made but from this F-14 tech's point of they have done a hell of a job capturing the essence of the Tomcat.

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

Again to all responders! Any real F-14 drivers here? If not I rest my case :)

There are several here. Most notably, Victory205.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

I’m talking about getting coordinated sustained steep turn without F-14 going all over the place?

It's supposed to go all over the place man... It's called A PILOTS AIRPLANE for a reason.. You think this thing is supposed to be rock stable while you're yankin' and bankin' you got the wrong idea..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Kind of curious what you are basing that the F-14 Flight Model is an exaggerated mess. The F-14 is unlike any other plane DCS has offer. It is very hard to compare this aircraft to anything else you have flown in DCS. Having worked on the F-14 for many years and talking with several of the SME pilots that Heatblur used, the flight model is pretty accurate, and will continue to be tweaked as early access continues, but everything about this plane is pretty realistic so far, tjere will be bugs here and there and adjustments will be made but from this F-14 tech's point of they have done a hell of a job capturing the essence of the Tomcat.

Good hear Sir. First of all I have no problem with take off/landings on carrier or airfield. But when it comes to chandells and lazy eights I’m in total loss. One inch on my TM and my F-14 depart in high alpha. Is there any particular tweaks on hardware has to be made?

Also I’m a bit confused with rudder. It seems countering adverse yaw with little or full rudder deflection has equal effect. Is that so in real life ?

I got paid for flying what does it make me? :)

"I fly real airplanes guys. Tomcat is Fake news..."

Actual footage of sdflyer doing his "preflight walk around"

giphy.gif

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Good hear Sir. First of all I have no problem with take off/landings on carrier or airfield. But when it comes to chandells and lazy eights I’m in total loss. One inch on my TM and my F-14 depart in high alpha. Is there any particular tweaks on hardware has to be made?

Also I’m a bit confused with rudder. It seems countering adverse yaw with little or full rudder deflection has equal effect. Is that so in real life ?

A professional pilot wouldn't have any issues with any of the things you just mentioned. Just set some curves.

Specs:

and you are a real pilot and asking these questions?:huh:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

It's supposed to go all over the place man... It's called A PILOTS AIRPLANE for a reason.. You think this thing is supposed to be rock stable while you're yankin' and bankin' you got the wrong idea..

How do you know that is suppose to yankin? In context of the conversation it’s not helpful at all :)