• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I fly real airplanes guys. Tomcat is Fake news..."

Actual footage of sdflyer doing his "preflight walk around"

giphy.gif

Great. And very professional. Great pilot always offer help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then don’t say something you don’t mean.

He meant what he said.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

If 1 inch of travel is causing you to go to the moon, then you need to put curves in...

Know the difference between a PC controller and a real-world aircraft stick?

Travel. Put some curves in your control profile, before coming on here and saying it's the devs fault for making a bad aircraft. When really you just don't understand the difference between a game controller and a real one. One of which has 3 inches of travel, the other has 12 or more..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Mocking or otherwise attacking people you don’t know just because you disagree with something

Mocking you pointing fingers at HB saying they "got it wrong." Saying, they did not consult with Tomcat pilots. You made yourself look like an idiot arguing with the people that worked on it and who check and approved it.

Instead of asking the question, "is the FM accurate and right? You called the FM an embellishment because you have flight time in a civilian aircraft.

Well deserved mocking and rightfully so.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

If 1 inch of travel is causing you to go to the moon, then you need to put curves in...

Know the difference between a PC controller and a real-world aircraft stick?

Travel. Put some curves in your control profile, before coming on here and saying it's the devs fault for making a bad aircraft. When really you just don't understand the difference between a game controller and a real one. One of which has 3 inches of travel, the other has 12 or more..

Yes I know that. And after reading recommendations didn’t adjust any curves as flight model supposed to be based on standard curves.

Now do you use TM Warthog. If so would you share your curves?

Mocking you pointing fingers at HB saying they "got it wrong." Saying, they did not consult with Tomcat pilots. You made yourself look like an idiot arguing with the people that worked on it and who check and approved it.

Instead of asking the question, "is the FM accurate and right? You called the FM an embellishment because you have flight time in a civilian aircraft.

Well deserved mocking and rightfully so.

First of all I didn’t mock but express my opinion. Secondly it is know fact that several F-18 and Harrier pilots tried DCS and concluded inconsistencies with real counterparts (flight model wise). Also

I personally participated in sim development and gave my input as well. Yet model in the end appeared to be quite far from what I expected. So I’m familiar with approximation and don’t question input of real F-14 driver who provided their expertise.

What I’m referring to is to flight model as it appear on my end F-14 more reminds me light aircraft that “sit on the stick”. I understand it should be like that since F-14 is very heavy. Again I will repeat I absolutely have no problem landing, taking off and basic flight maneuvers. My problem come with advance maneuvers handling.

May I ask where it's advertised that the developer said "use the standard curves..."?

I personally use 20 on all axis, Roll, Pitch and Rudder because I like fine control

I’m sorry I can remember exactly when. Perhaps YoYo in one conversation mentioned this that in house FM is based and default curves.

And after reading recommendations didn’t adjust any curves as flight model supposed to be based on standard curves.

Who made the recommendation, what gear are they using, what type of extension are they employing (if any), and how far is their lateral and fore/aft stick movement? The FM being neutral ratio to the control setup within the airplane has nothing to do with what *you're* using. Thus, if you're comfortable without curves, don't use them. If you need them, use them. This should be obvious.

(note: sniped while commenting)

Personally, I'm running a Hall-effect Frankenstein'ed ancient Suncom setup with mostly Otto/Mason switches and no spring; extension isn't an option based on the garbage plastic, so I have to run with a 3% deadzone on both axes and no curve- because there isn't enough travel to make one matter. Works for me, and I've been comfortable with the FM for months.

It's a strange thing to offer a judgement on an FM when you haven't begun to acclimate yourself with the aircraft in the first place.