Indo-Pacific Theater?

TacoGrease

I can’t imagine this hasn’t been asked before, and I apologize for not digging through the forums to see, but what about the Indo-Pacific Theater? I’ve seen mention of a map for Iwo Jima, potentially, but that’s it.

Giving the presence of various critical chokepoints throughout the region, as well as rising tensions between the United States and China, wouldn’t it make sense to have, say, the Strait of Taiwan, the Strait of Malacca, or something contentious in the SCS (like the Paracels)?

Chinese aircraft (J-11) and Chinese assets; the Harrier, F-14, F-18, and more western naval aircraft on the way; and a huge amount of resources going into the new carrier - wouldn’t something along the lines of what I’ve mentioned be a no-brainer?

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

As far as I remember ED said already there will be no Pacific map for now. This could have changed though as we still don't known what the two new WW2 maps will be about. Wags said there are 5 maps being developed, two above, Falklands, Syria and Afghanistan. ED said one free map but in think this is Afghanistan one unless there are six maps in progress including five as a payware.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

As far as I remember ED said already there will be no Pacific map for now. This could have changed though as we still don't known what the two new WW2 maps will be about. Wags said there are 5 maps being developed, two above, Falklands, Syria and Afghanistan. ED said one free map but in think this is Afghanistan one unless there are six maps in progress including five as a payware.

Thank you for the reply, Gierasimov. Do you remember off-hand why ED said no to the Pac map?

I mean, even in the announcement of the PG final release, ED seems quite aware of geopolitical realities in noting that the Persian Gulf is a "Critical source of 40% of world-traded oil, making it a historic and current flash point of endless possibilities."

Such awareness should also lend itself to the understanding that numerous major geographic chokepoints throughout the world - and especially in the Indo-Pacific region - would align perfectly with DCS World :joystick::huh:

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

I mean, even in the announcement of the PG final release, ED seems quite aware of geopolitical realities in noting that the Persian Gulf is a "Critical source of 40% of world-traded oil, making it a historic and current flash point of endless possibilities."

In the original Flanker (1996), they already predicted the Crimea conflict. ;)

On the other hand, there can be only that many maps in development at the same time...

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Wags said the new free map is not Vietnam but that's all we know so far. He said it was his most anticipated map so I'm hoping its something in Pacific or European theaters. I think we have enough desert maps for now.

I doubt it's Afghanistan. More desert mountains? Not that exciting. With the PG map officially released I hope we hear something about this new free map soon.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Nope

Thank you for the reply, Gierasimov. Do you remember off-hand why..

I don't known how well it sticks now, back then it was about no market yet for such region in WW2 setting. I thought that would be related to the lack of WW2 naval and Pacific air assets. Who knows what's in plans now though.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Wags said the new free map is not Vietnam but that's all we know so far. He said it was his most anticipated map so I'm hoping its something in Pacific or European theaters. I think we have enough desert maps for now.

I doubt it's Afghanistan. More desert mountains? Not that exciting. With the PG map officially released I hope we hear something about this new free map soon.

Yeah...Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, Syria, NTTR, and even the Falklands - all very cool, but the lack of Indo-Pacific seems quite strange. As for Vietnam, I’m not really sure that makes sense at this point (just my opinion, which doesn’t matter, I know).

I have a hunch it's Kola peninsula.

Like in Jane's F/A-18 - Wags' previous Hornet sim IIRC?

Have you any evidence to support that? I don’t mean that in an accusatory way - just curious :)

In the original Flanker (1996), they already predicted the Crimea conflict. ;)

On the other hand, there can be only that many maps in development at the same time...

They and Redstorm (from the old Ghost Recon days) definitely seem to have a knack for it. I’ve always wanted to help write up geopolitical scenarios for game studios - working on one for the FBI in University was incredibly fun.

I don't known how well it sticks now, back then it was about no market yet for such region in WW2 setting. I thought that would be related to the lack of WW2 naval and Pacific air assets. Who knows what's in plans now though.

That makes sense. I think the same can be said for a Vietnam map at this point, but obviously that’s just my opinion.

As I said, given the massively increased focus on carrier/naval operations as well as Chinese aircraft/assets, I’m a bit dumbfounded that we haven’t seen someone working on an Indo-Pac map.

Have you any evidence to support that? I don’t mean that in an accusatory way - just curious :)

Matt Wagner talks about his career path, including Jane's F/A18 hornet, as well as his aspiration for the new free map in the podcast... https://overcast.fm/+PCDL8E03g#

The scenario for Jane's F/A18 hornet was Kola (an internet search will find that for you).

I will say this, I have not seen a single person correctly guess it.

Logically it must have a sea for CV (F/A-18, F-14 and sometime in the future A-6, A-7)

I believe somewhere in the Eastern Mediterranean (Adriatic Sea or Aegean or Cyprus)

The maps may be merged at some point

:D

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

I will say this, I have not seen a single person correctly guess it.

Hmm...I only mentioned a few places in Indo-Pacific, and it seems like most folks have covered Europe and the Atlantic pretty well...

Maybe I’m still wrong, but given the sheer size of the Pacific, my money is still on that theater. Or, at least, I hope so.

Iceland

BadK

MSI Z270 Gaming M7

Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 GHz

MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming Trio

Corsair Vengence DDR4 2666 32GB

Corsair LE SSD 960GB

Corsair HX 650W

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair 460X Case

Windows 10 Pro 64

CH Products (FS, PT, PP)

Oculus CV1

Well, nice free map would be Korea, but that would also sell realy good, so i guess no.

The Caribbean (Cuba?) would be an interesting theater as well.

But for the free map i place my bet on the Hawaian Islands, just got that feeling.....

Edited by Roadrunner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

maybe centered around Langley tie's into Matt's CIA past,

nice flights up and down the Potomac River, Map stretching from Baltimore to Norfolk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5