Indo-Pacific Theater?

TacoGrease

I guess it will be Vietnam or Korea

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will say this, I have not seen a single person correctly guess it.

Hmmmm... I will throw my hat into the ring with my own three guesses for the map location based on Matt's above answer saying no one has yet guessed...

I believe he also said that's where he always wanted to fly the DCS: Hornet soooo based on that that info here it goes...

Gulf of Sidra/Libya, the GIUK Gap between Iceland, Greenland and the UK (hugely strategic point during the Cold War) or Venezuela and the ABC islands!

There one sorta makes sense guess, another that is more slightly out there, and the way out of left field guess of Venezuela (I just read Declared Hostile and thought that could be a cool DCS Map haha)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Taiwan Straits ;) Good for What If 70s, 80s, and 2020 ;)

There IS a 3rd party developing Chinese assets and full module/s ;)

good for future F-16 module too...

Boom. This. Exactly what I’ve been saying lol

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

I will say this, I have not seen a single person correctly guess it.

Maybe the Iberian Peninsula, Wags? it was never simulated in any sim, would be so cool and there are many interesting places and types of terrain (from deserts in Arizona or Andalucia, to high mountain peaks and green zones in north part (Pirineos or Bilbao).

Maybe the Iberian Peninsula, Wags? it was never simulated in any sim, would be so cool and there are many interesting places and types of terrain (from deserts in Arizona or Andalucia, to high mountain peaks and green zones in north part (Pirineos or Bilbao).

We Wish! LOL

Also Grate for Red Bull racing in Barcelona ;)

• 1 month later...
Would love a Sea of Japan map

I would love it too, but we wold need 2045 computers tu run it ;)

Bare in mind that just the Korea Peninsula would be already too much for DCS engine as it is...

The size seems to be OK, but Modern Korea would : 1 Take for ever to develop due to the enormous complexity of roads, trains and power lines, landmarks, and sheer size of cities, and 2 you again would need at least 512 gb of RAM and 1tb SSD drive LOL.

And for WWII, I believe that Japan is out of the question, no assets whatsoever.

This "Dual Purpose" thing is very restrictive LOL

Edited by Baco
syntax's and typos

Oh I'm well aware, Tokyo, Seoul, and Pyongyang alone would bring any current PC to it's knees..... but they pulled off Dubai. A guy can dream :). It covers most of the "modern" aircraft though. China, Russia, Japan/South Korea/U.S. would be useful for the upcoming F-4E (I know the Japanese flew the F-4J) and the F-16.

Edited by Repth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...