3rd and 4th AMRAAM shot

Barbs

Hi All,

Been brushing up on my BVR tactics and I'm going ok with the Crank-Right, Crank-Centre-Fire, Crank-Left and repeat method for getting a shot off at 14is miles and another at a nice lethal 7-8nm against AI but what I really srtuggle with is finding, locking and firing the 3rd and 4th shot against that pesky second MiG that's either bearing down on me or my wingman.

Does anyone have any advice as to what modes to select to get a lock on that second guy, especially after you go defensive and recommit to the fight? I am familiar with the ACM radar modes but my understanding is they only work out to 10nm. This makes it a bit hard when you have that 2nd 29S shooting R-77s at you from 12nm and you need to visually acquire, turn hot, lock, fire and defend all in pretty quick succession.

Use AACQ. It will lock the closest target automatically, any range within the radar's current settings. Although there's currently a bug where it doesn't always get the closest one. Reported though, I think Wags mentioned it recently.

The only easy way, and is not because depends on what the bandit does, is keeping a TWS lock on the bandits (whatever the number). So we need to wait for that mode.

This, however is feasible against a tightly group of bandits, if they get some separation it will probably make some of them to fall outsided the TWS reduced search cone.

In any case, against any mediumly competitive human player, you should not engage more than 2 targets at once or you"ll be dead.

Regards,

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk