GBU Won't Drop

bonesvf103

So I'm trying LANTIRN out and even though I think I have everything set up, the bombs won't drop.

• My LANTIRN is on, warmed up, running, and I have an image on the TID and have designated a target.
  • I have set the attack mode to Manual, have set the fuses to instant electric and nose/tail for mechanical
  • I have selected a GBU-24 from the RIO weapon type drum
  • Laser is armed and set to 1688 which is the code on the kneeboard for that gbu-24
  • I've set to single delivery, qty 1
  • Master arm is on and mode set to A/G in both the front and rear seat.
  • I hit the release stores button when the counter reaches 0. When I do the TTG disappears and TIMP counts down to 0

Nothing drops. I've tried doing it with holding down the pickle button and just hitting it but nothing. I've tried setting Jester to inactive as well. I also tried changing my keybind and just dropping a GBU without a target to see if it will just plain drop but again nothing drops.

What am I missing? Thanks.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Did you select the bomb racks in the RIO seat, the same switches used for jettisoning?

So I'm trying LANTIRN out and even though I think I have everything set up, the bombs won't drop.

• My LANTIRN is on, warmed up, running, and I have an image on the TID and have designated a target.
  • I have set the attack mode to Manual, have set the fuses to instant electric and nose/tail for mechanical
  • I have selected a GBU-24 from the RIO weapon type drum
  • Laser is armed and set to 1688 which is the code on the kneeboard for that gbu-24
  • I've set to single delivery, qty 1
  • Master arm is on and mode set to A/G in both the front and rear seat.
  • I hit the release stores button when the counter reaches 0. When I do the TTG disappears and TIMP counts down to 0

Nothing drops. I've tried doing it with holding down the pickle button and just hitting it but nothing. I've tried setting Jester to inactive as well. I also tried changing my keybind and just dropping a GBU without a target to see if it will just plain drop but again nothing drops.

What am I missing? Thanks.

v6,

boNes

Ah ok thanks. Must have missed it in the manual

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Not sure, but wasn't the GBU-24 bugged, anyway? Try GBU-12. You are aware, that you still need to drop the bomb manually from the pilot seat? Set things up, watch the line on the right and press and hold the bomb release when the indicator cue passes the lower line...

Check A/G mode, Master Arm in pilot seat and Attack Mode set to manual (MAN) in the RIO seat.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Not sure, but wasn't the GBU-24 bugged, anyway? Try GBU-12. You are aware, that you still need to drop the bomb manually from the pilot seat? Set things up, watch the line on the right and press and hold the bomb release when the indicator cue passes the lower line...

Check A/G mode, Master Arm in pilot seat and Attack Mode set to manual (MAN) in the RIO seat.

Doesn't work for GBU-12 either. I am hitting the pickle button when in the front seat. A/G mode is in, Master Arm is on, ATK MODE in RIO seat is set to manual.

v6,

boNes

Did you do a LANTIRN full action to designate the target? (or whatever the correct lingo for that would be)

Yes, I got full symbology complete with TTG and steering cues for the pilot, etc.

I'd post a trackfile but when I do it always says the file size is too big.

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103

Make sure on the stick that no A2A weapon is selected it must be off and the ACM cover must be in the down position.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I just flew a quick test with GBU-12.

Let's go through this Step-by-step.

Pilot seat PS: RIO seat RS:

PS:

-A/G mode

-ACM switch off

-stick weapon select to off

-mirror TV display

-Master Arm ON

RS:

-select GBU-12

-attack mode to MAN

-set release to 1 bomb

-arm appropriate stations

-show TV on TID

-activate LANTIRN, arm Laser and display on TID

-On LANTIRN stick select A/G mode

-locate target and switch to area or point track

-lase (half action) and designate (full action) the target > TREL shows

PS:

-steer towards the course indicator on the LANTIRN top display

-when the TREL cue passes the two lines - - press and hold bomb release until GBU drops ( 1.5 sec)

RS:

-press Laser latch to lase target and monitor impact on LANTIRN display

That worked for me, though it is quite a stressful seat hopping. ;)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

...ah, and if you happen to use a modifier for the LANTIRN switches in the pilot seat etc. , make sure you either switch the modifier off before bomb release, or to add a "modifier + bomb release" keybind, as you actually would press the bomb release button AND the modifier.

Shagrat

PS:

-A/G mode

-ACM switch off

-mirror TV display

RS:

-select GBU-12

-attack mode to MAN

-set release to 1 bomb

-arm appropriate stations

-show TV on TID

-activate LANTIRN, arm Laser and display on TID

-On LANTIRN stick select A/G mode

-locate target and switch to area or point track

-lase (half action) and designate (full action) the target > TREL shows

PS:

-steer towards the course indicator on the LANTIRN top display

-when the TREL cue passes the two lines - - press and hold bomb release until GBU drops ( 1.5 sec)

RS:

-press Laser latch to lase target and monitor impact on LANTIRN display

That worked for me, though it is quite a stressful seat hopping. ;)

I did all of this already, thanks. When the TREL goes to 0, I hit and hold store release which I have keybound to "S", and the entire TREL display disappears and I get TIMP and a countdown, but no ordnance was ever released. It's so frustrating.

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103

...ah, and if you happen to use a modifier for the LANTIRN switches in the pilot seat etc. , make sure you either switch the modifier off before bomb release, or to add a "modifier + bomb release" keybind, as you actually would press the bomb release button AND the modifier.

I'm not understanding what you mean here

v6,

boNes

I did all of this already, thanks. When the TREL goes to 0, I hit and hold store release which I have keybound to "S", and the entire TREL display disappears and I get TIMP and a countdown, but no ordnance was ever released. It's so frustrating.

v6,

boNes

Can you drop any other ordnance?

Basically you should be able to drop the GBU-12 like Mk-82 or any other bombs, only they will miss long for the fins.

For testing ignore the LANTIRN. Tell Jester to select those GBU and make sure your release button (s) works.

The modifier is an option under controls to define a button on the joystick/game controller, or the keyboard, as a "special key" like ALT, SHIFT, CTRL etc.

If you use a flick switch on a joystick or hold a modifier button, you effectively press modifier+S and that is not bound to bomb release.

Shagrat

PS:

-A/G mode

-ACM switch off

-mirror TV display

Maybe you forgot to switch Master Arm to ON? I don't see it mentioned in your PS action list.

Maybe you forgot to switch Master Arm to ON? I don't see it mentioned in your PS action list.
I had no problems, but forgot to list the Master Arm switch. I am sure the OP had that one covered... I'll add it to the list, just in case.

Shagrat

Hi,

Yes, master arm was on. But, you know what? I don't know why or what was different this time around but the bomb did drop this go around. However, even though I had GBU-16 selected, the GBU-24 dropped off instead. And it missed. I lazed when TIMP was 10 seconds and even latched the laser.

I'm feeling buggy. BUt at least it drops now.

v6,

boNes

Sorry buddy, but there is nothing buggy. Works everything perfect so far. Unfortuantely, I'm assueming that you did (or doing) something wrong...

Only GBU24 is at them moment buggy by DCS. Just use the GBU10 for now. (Same amount of wada-bum)

I meant that I'm feeling buggy, not the sim, haha.

But like I said, at least I am able to get them to drop now. I don't know what was different or what changed...but they drop. The only thing I don't know is why a GBU-24 would drop when the RIO panel has the drum set to GBU-16 and the LANTIRN says GBU-16 in it too.

Sincere thanks for everyone who has been trying to help out!

v6,

boNes

The weapon drum does NOT select a weapon. It tells the WCS and LANTIRN only which weapon you are using, so that those systems can calculate the impact point correct. ( I already had the idea that you could missunderstand that).

Thats why you are selecting (arming) the stations on the control panel which you wanna release. If all stations are armed / selected, the computer will decide which to drop first.

Simple example:

If you are loaded with GBU-10 on station 3 & 4, and with MK82 on station 5 & 6, you need to arm station 3 and/or 4 to drop aGBU-10. Or you have to arm station 5 and/or 6 to drop a MK82.

What is selected with the weapon drum does only make a difference for the calculated impact point.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

The weapon drum does NOT select a weapon. It tells the WCS and LANTIRN only which weapon you are using, so that those systems can calculate the impact point correct. ( I already had the idea that you could missunderstand that).

Thats why you are selecting (arming) the stations on the control panel which you wanna release. If all stations are armed / selected, the computer will decide which to drop first.

Simple example:

If you are loaded with GBU-10 on station 3 & 4, and with MK82 on station 5 & 6, you need to arm station 3 and/or 4 to drop aGBU-10. Or you have to arm station 5 and/or 6 to drop a MK82.

What is selected with the weapon drum does only make a difference for the calculated impact point.

And the light turns on! THAT is why a GBU-24 dropped instead of a GBU-16.

Since I was having so much issues with dropping the GBUs, I set the switches for stations 3, 4, 5, and 6 on armed. Basically, every station holding a GBU. So, with the drum set to GBU-16, the computers did the calculations, but since I had all switches armed, the system chose the GBU-24 for whatever reason (maybe in this case since it is the heavier bomb of the two) and dropped it instead. And no I didn't realize that the drum was not weapon select but rather for system calculation until you told me.

It all makes perfect sense now. The reason why things were't dropping to begin with and suddenly are now will probably remain a mystery, but it's no factor now since it's working and that's all that matters.

Again, sincerest thanks for your help! I think we can put this thread to rest now...

v6,

boNes