Mig-21 Sound busted

ac5

Weren't the internal sounds recorded from the real thing?

Possibly, it's just the sound quality leaves much to be desired. But, I'm clueless when it comes to sound, so I wouldn't know how to explain how.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

You don't date much do ya?:megalol:

If at first you don't succeed, try again.That is how you get things done.

The simple fact is sound needs to be fixed.

MIG 21 sounds nothing like the real thing,inside and outside the cockpit.

Don't need to date when I've been in a stable relationship for over 2 years.

You learn to be patient and wait for things, so the more you post and complain isn't going to get the development team just to stop what they are working on and deal with other issues.

Just be patient mate, I realise they aren't in the best of states but we all just have to wait and see what the overhauls will bring.

Possibly, it's just the sound quality leaves much to be desired.

Is it possible that you refer to the full throttled engine sound's sort of lack of smoothness ? It may be an artist deliberate feature to render a feel of power. Low RPM engine and analog circuit noise sound fine though so I guess the original samples are good. But the afterburner… :doh: way too deliberate…

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

• 5 months later...

Recently updated to STABLE version 2.5.5.41371

Internal sound is now OK, but from the outside,

the MIG 21 STILL sounds like a Boeing 787... Whisper quiet...

And yes, at any sound level / setting.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Hello guys. I agree with all the above bug reports. And I’ll supplement the guys who have voiced problems with the MiG 21 module. I will say this. This is my very first module, and my favorite airplane, no matter how it was stolen, I still have it I love! But the fact that there is no booster now, and there is no feedback, there is no shaking on the joystick. Sorry, this is not permissible considering such a wonderful simulator as DCS. It just shouldn’t be !!! I don’t know what you guys are busy with, but take the trouble to clean up the MiG 21. Please

Many came to DCS from MiG 21! And stayed in this simulator! Guys, don’t make the nerves) Repair, and configure the MiG 21. This is the only clickable plane of the USSR. There’s simply no more! Don’t deprive the guys of your dreams. I beg you please. And ask me to apologize for my English). Make me the guys developers. I haven’t flown for 2 years. I was waiting when you later repair MiG 21. At that time the booster was, but it was very weak, I still waited for when there will be changes? And then I waited for the ego to be completely turned off)

• 3 weeks later...

Bought the MiG and yes, the external sound is pretty bad. How to show off the MiG online to others with this kind of external weak sound... :(

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

• 3 months later...

I have been away for a few months, today I started DCS again, latest stable update 2.5.6.

Even with the volume of the external sounds 100% the MIG-21 STILL sounds like a 787.....

Is it REALLY so difficult to fix this????

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

I have been away for a few months, today I started DCS again, latest stable update 2.5.6.

Even with the volume of the external sounds 100% the MIG-21 STILL sounds like a 787.....

Is it REALLY so difficult to fix this????

First, just get Nin's soundmod.

Secondly, there are issues with radar returns that butcher FPS on newer drivers. So yes, it could be that difficult since their resources for the Fishbed are probably directed towards that. Because, that is serious.

Passive aggression never fixed anything in game dev.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 1 year later...

I haven't used the MIG-21 again for more than a year. Today I did, and this bug is still present  Latest stable update 2.7.7.15038

Even with the volume of the external sounds 100% the MIG-21 EXTERNAL sounds STILL sounds like a 787.....

ALL other planes (13) are perfectly OK with the same sound settings.

??

• Like 1

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

So it is.. And any sound mod is to no avail... 

Even more disappointing because ALL the other planes (13) are perfectly OK with the VERY same sound settings.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Why not use Nin's mod then? He was in contact with MiG-21 devs, they pinned his mod thread on top of the forum - that's as far as they can go without dealing with copyrights and it's clear they approve his work.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

4 hours ago, Art-J said:

Why not use Nin's mod then? He was in contact with MiG-21 devs, they pinned his mod thread on top of the forum - that's as far as they can go without dealing with copyrights and it's clear they approve his work.

It has been stated multiple times, so who knows? Sheer orneriness? 

I am a bit surprised that neither Nin or anyone else followed up with an updated mig-21 sounds mod. Current sounds (mod or not) is a core weakness of the module and leaves a lot to be desired in comparison to others..

Edited by Maxthrust

1 hour ago, Maxthrust said:

I am a bit surprised that neither Nin or anyone else followed up with an updated mig-21 sounds mod. Current sounds (mod or not) is a core weakness of the module and leaves a lot to be desired in comparison to others..

Could not agree more. And very disappointing that there is no word about this from the developers.....

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2021 at 12:53 PM, Maxthrust said:

On 11/20/2021 at 2:01 PM, ac5 said:

Could not agree more. And very disappointing that there is no word about this from the developers.....

Version 3.0 will be out in the next 24-48 hours, this will include a total overhaul of switch sounds, adding 27 separate samples (compared to 2 prior), with 77 sound samples for variation as well as other additions and tweaks. I have been very busy with real life matters, which unfortunately take priority over DCS, but I have been reading all the comments and am very much still active and working on the mod. M3 are only a small development team and have been working hard on the F4U, I am sure we will see the Mig-21 get some attention after its release 🙂

Edited by Nin
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Nin said:

Version 3.0 will be out in the next 24-48 hours, this will include a total overhaul of switch sounds, adding 27 separate samples (compared to 2 prior), with 77 sound samples for variation as well as other additions and tweaks. I have been very busy with real life matters, which unfortunately take priority over DCS, but I have been reading all the comments and am very much still active and working on the mod. M3 are only a small development team and have been working hard on the F4U, I am sure we will see the Mig-21 get some attention after its release 🙂

After the last Stable update 2.7.9.18080, the MIG EXTERNAL sounds STILL sounds like a 787,

even with the volume of the external sounds 100%.!

Moreover, even worse, now there is an utterly annoying hissing sound inside the cockpit....

Even more disappointing because the sound of ALL the other planes (13) are perfectly OK with the VERY same sound settings.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

15 hours ago, Nin said:

Awesome! Can't wait.

Version 3.0 will be out in the next 24-48 hours?

How will this be updated? 

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

34 minutes ago, ac5 said:

Version 3.0 will be out in the next 24-48 hours?

How will this be updated? 

The new mod will primarily be installed in Saved Game, like other mods. However will require some files to be in coremods for the new cockpit switch sounds to work, this is unavoidable. 

• Like 1