Pimax Customer Service?

Shortcut

I'm thinking of ordering the Pimax 5k but I'm worried about their Customer Service. I have e-mailed the 3 times with some basic questions and they do not seem to answer their e-mails.

Question 1. Are your Controller Base Stations Wireless or wired?

Question 2. Are you still working with Leap Motion Hand Tracking as I have seen in the video below? That would be great if we could be added to DCS and X-Plane.

Question 3. What is your warranty?

If they don't want to reply I'll look at the Valve Index or maybe the Acer ConceptD OJO.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Go to their forum. The moderator is a bit of a zealot but you can find answers there.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Thanks

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I was gonna order but 1 guy in our group has been through hell. 1st headset was DOA it took a month to get a replacement sent. 2nd headset arrived with a dodgy lead connection in the headset he was up till 1 am to go through their fault finding (almost 3 hours) they are replacing the headset again and this appears to be a common problem. We have one guy with a working headset who loves it and the 2nd guy is fed up with it. It's a small sample size of 2 but for $600 I am not gonna risk it with customer service like this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Thanks a lot I think I will try e-mailing the North American Support and see if the get back to me.

Does anybody think DCS is looking into Hand Tracking? I think that should be the future for this type of Simulator.

Q1: They use the same base stations as HTC and Valve, either LH1.0 or LH2.0, depending on which controllers you go for. The Pimax controllers are due later this year, which will likely be 2.0 spec.

Q2: DCS supporting Leap Motion is a fantasy. Captoglove is working on integration, but they keep missing their target dates.

The NA office deals with NA after sales support, not pre-sales.

I was gonna order but 1 guy in our group has been through hell. 1st headset was DOA it took a month to get a replacement sent. 2nd headset arrived with a dodgy lead connection in the headset he was up till 1 am to go through their fault finding (almost 3 hours) they are replacing the headset again and this appears to be a common problem. We have one guy with a working headset who loves it and the 2nd guy is fed up with it. It's a small sample size of 2 but for $600 I am not gonna risk it with customer service like this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

That actually sounds like really good customer service and that it's the hardware and quality control which is at fault.

I was lucky with my headset and it's completely flawless so far. So feel free to increase your sample size to three :)

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Shortcut, I think your sample size is representable. If you get a working unit, you will be pleased as pudding like me. However, Pimax is a young company, having trouble catching up to the success of their product, and you may experience some issues with overall support.

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+

pegon: I think you mean WindyTX :smilewink:

I just remembered that I sent my Oculus Rift back twice, once for connectivity issues and once for pixel faults, before getting a working unit.

Apparently cable issues were a big thing with earlier Rifts.

Such things don't seem unusual in VR and Pimax is now going through the same process.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I ordered the Pimax 5k, base station & hand controllers back on Oct 23. The only emails I received were to buy one. Decided a couple of weeks ago I had waited long enough so I emailed to find out what was happening - no reply. Eventually had to open a dispute to get my money back. I think if you order just the Pimax 5k it would ship quicker than getting it and the base stations. Base stations still show as $300 deposit which I’m guessing is why mine was taking so long. I guess like any new product some people have great experiences and others not so great.

If everything was in stock I would buy one but now there are some other brands coming out so I’ll wait.

Pimax seems to have a crappy customer service. I remember someone on this forum who had to send back his unit because dust made its way behind the lens and the Pimax guys straight up refused it. Maybe an isolated case maybe not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Pimax 5k+ it's very hardware intensive. This is 100% to be expected because of the high resolution and large FOV.

You do need to have a 2080 Ti to have acceptable performance. Right now it's more than playable for me, but it is necessary to turn down some graphics settings.

With the 50% performance increase which is coming soon to DCS, I'm sure it will be very good.

The Pimax is the opposite of no good for DCS. It's very good because it provides much better image clarity in order to see gauges and labels and better FOV.

That being said, it's expensive, requires expensive hardware and base stations are not yet available, meaning you'll need to get your hands on Vive base stations for now.

You do need to have a 2080 Ti to have acceptable performance. Right now it's more than playable for me, but it is necessary to turn down some graphics settings.

What do you think about their Brainwarp implementation? I have the feeling this needs to be improved quite a bit compared to the Oculus ASW for example. When turning my head or looking left/right out of the canopy, I have some stuttering despite rather high and constant FPS.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

The Pimax 5k+ it's very hardware intensive. This is 100% to be expected because of the high resolution and large FOV.

With the 50% performance increase which is coming soon to DCS, I'm sure it will be very good.

The Pimax is the opposite of no good for DCS. It's very good because it provides much better image clarity in order to see gauges and labels and better FOV.

That being said, it's expensive, requires expensive hardware and base stations are not yet available, meaning you'll need to get your hands on Vive base stations for now.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I ordered the Pimax 5k, base station & hand controllers back on Oct 23. The only emails I received were to buy one. ... Base stations still show as $300 deposit which I’m guessing is why mine was taking so long. ..

Similar situation here, except mine arrived a month ago. They're just a bit sloppy with customer service. It's improving, but at a snails pace.

Pimax North America got back to me with in 24 Hr. Not Bad

Question 1. The lighthouse basestations are the same as the HTC Vive and are wireless. You just plug them into a power outlet. You can use either Lighthouse basestation version 1.0 or the newer 2.0, either of them will work.

Question 2. Yes, we are still working with Leap Motion and we show their hand tracking module at all the conventions and shows. We have a special version that has a wide field of view that snaps into any Pimax 5K+, 8K or 5K XR model headset.

Question 3. The warranty is 1 year.

Your North America

Pimax Support Team

407-567-7788

na_support@pimaxvr.com

No one has, LH 2.0s (imminent) and Pimax controllers (Q3?) aren’t ready yet. They’re not sure if they will ship them before the controllers or not.

Some claim on their forums that the basestations are of limited use without the controllers (hello, 6DOF?); and someone else says the steamvr LH calibration can’t be completed without them (silly if true, again 6DOF).