Civilian ships and civilian airliners static objects as AI

lucky-hendrix

Hi all,

In Persian gulf map we have static tankers built the map sitting around in the gulf.( They look quite bad without wake)

In both Persian gulf map and NTTR map, we have static airliners staying at the major airports.

Why are both these 3D models not used to make an civilian AI unit.

For the airliners you could just use the 3D model and put it on the yak-40 AI.

For tankers, take one of the civilian boat and put the tanker 3D model on it.

This would require very very little work form ED! And provide with very needed AI to populate mission.

Plus those static look quite stupid without moving.

Please !

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Well, it is still a bit of work.

But 3D model is there. I would hope ED still has it ( or maybe they lost the files, wouldn't surprise me ...)

So just collision model. And a damage model, but that can be very simple.

All this is just copy paste from existing code. AI behaviour already exist in other units. So does the damage model.

So the only thing to do is a collision model, and tweak a few configuration numbers.

I still can't believe that dcs does not have a single AI airliners other than the yak-40. It seems such a basic feature

+1 Would definitely make DCS more immersive

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

the main problem also is that there is only two coalitions at the moment, red or blue. At one point ED should rewrite the code to allow for a third neutral one

Has actually into DCS editor files..... only need edit them (not official yet), but third coalition has in "plans". Making "copy paste" has a bad solution, AI models need make good.

Hi all,

In both Persian gulf map and NTTR map, we have static airliners staying at the major airports.

Why are both these 3D models not used to make an civilian AI unit.

Seriously you don't know this mod ?

https://cam.em-key.de/

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1