Free Map

Ercoupe

Put out of business?

Do you know what a business Joint Venture is? :doh:

ED and Ugra do not have a Join Venture.

Ugra is a seperate trading entitiy who had/have a service delivery contract with ED to delvier a map, which ED on-sells to its customers.

Customers who bought the Normandy map signed T&Cs with ED alone, and not Ugra Media or any other hypothetical "joint venture" entitiy. We do not know the details of the contract arrangement that ED has/ had with Ugra.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

ED and Ugra do not have a Join Venture.

Ugra is a seperate trading entitiy who had/have a service delivery contract with ED to delvier a map, which ED on-sells to its customers.

Customers who bought the Normandy map signed T&Cs with ED alone, and not Ugra Media or any other hypothetical "joint venture" entitiy. We do not know the details of the contract arrangement that ED has/ had with Ugra.

And Remember, Normandy Map was part of WW2 1944 (a Standalone product) KickStrarted make by RRG Studios 3rd Party (now disolved), and rescued by ED.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

... and Wags did say the new Free one will be one that can swap between modern and WWII at some point...

"at some point"

Until that, i thought anything only European/African WWII areas would fit, as the assets are missing for i.e. the Pacific.

...although the Elefant wouldn't fit there either

What could that mean? A place where it wasnt deployed? Or a place where the army where it belonged to wasnt present at any time in the war?

Would you throw a few more hints NineLine / Wags?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

A joint venture has only plausible if has 2 companies has interested on that. ED has your plans, 4 maps on develop (two for WW2, a "free" (ww2 / Modern) and one more "modern"), all WW2 baseline (Damage model, Dynamic Campaign, new functionality as testbed), aircraft, maps and Assets pack modules with a dedicated WW2 team and all work on DCS teams and module "modern" teams. Ugra media has your plans ("Modern" Syria map), and actually Ugra has none plans to work on WW2.

The only "Joint Venture" by ED was with Belsimtek (old Partner), with work side to side with ED on projects and now fused with ED as a develop study (Working on Hornet and other modules). Ugra media has a 3rd party, as Heatblur, Razbam, Aviodev, etc, not a Partner and Ugra has not a dedicated company on DCS World (has own develops and projects outside DCS).

Thank you! You just demonstrated how a business joint venture between all the above companies is not only plausible, but would be very beneficial to all. :thumbup:

I suppose an "Elephant" would not fit there, because it was a German tank - and this theatre was one in which the germans did not fight.

So that means it would be a map in the pacific area.

As much as this is my suspicion, it is also my hope.

I long for a green map with turquoise seas, white beaches and palm trees. Green. Much green.

Enough brown sand already :D

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

I suppose an "Elephant" would not fit there, because it was a German tank - and this theatre was one in which the germans did not fight.

So that means it would be a map in the pacific area.

As much as this is my suspicion, it is also my hope.

I long for a green map with turquoise seas, white beaches and palm trees. Green. Much green.

Enough brown sand already :D

No, the Elefant was only deployed to Northern Italy and the Ost Front. That leaves the Western Front and North Africa, Sicily and southern Italy, the Middle East as well as the entire fight against the Japanese Empire as possible locations.

No, the Elefant was only deployed to Northern Italy and the Ost Front. That leaves the Western Front and North Africa, Sicily and southern Italy, the Middle East as well as the entire fight against the Japanese Empire as possible locations.

Good detective work, those are all definite possibilities and if you really think about, the only possibilities given the clues. Personally though, I think it would be a poor choice to make another map with a lot of sand, unless it's sand on a beach...

The Western Front could be possible and improve on and expand what Normandy is. However, I don't know what scenarios this could bring for modern aircraft.

North Africa...too much sand.

Southern Italy is too narrow in scope and I don't know what scenarios it could bring to modern aircraft unless it was connected to the Syria and Caucasus maps at some point.

I still feel very strongly that somewhere in the Pacific makes the most sense. It is different from anything we have in DCS right now. It is very diverse and brings a lot of possible scenarios for both WWII and modern aircraft if done right.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The pacific would make no sense at all. They don´t even have one plane that fits the theater. maybe the Mustang.. maybe.... No IA, no ground troops, ships or whatever...

Don´t get me wrong I would love a Pacific Map, any and all locations. But I just don´t see it happening.. Even if the Corsair should come maybe next year... there is no opposing force not even AI...

So it has to be North Africa, or Italy.

The pacific would make no sense at all. They don´t even have one plane that fits the theater. maybe the Mustang.. maybe.... No IA, no ground troops, ships or whatever...

Don´t get me wrong I would love a Pacific Map, any and all locations. But I just don´t see it happening.. Even if the Corsair should come maybe next year... there is no opposing force not even AI...

So it has to be North Africa, or Italy.

You bring up a good point.

Although, I believe Italy is too populated to fulfill the "low overhead, high performance" clue.

North Africa would work except that it is another desert map. Blah... It brings nothing new to DCS except a new location. I suppose with it being free though, it would offer a desert map for those that did not buy NTTR or the Persian Gulf.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

You bring up a good point.

Although, I believe Italy is too populated to fulfill the "low overhead, high performance" clue.

North Africa would work except that it is another desert map. Blah... It brings nothing new to DCS except a new location. I suppose with it being free though, it would offer a desert map for those that did not buy NTTR or the Persian Gulf.

I can't imagine any desert being "the favourite place to fly in real life".

I can't imagine any desert being "the favourite place to fly in real life".

It all depends of your definition of "desert"... Antartica is the largest desert on earth.

Most mountains ranges are "desert".

Any mountains area would be pretty fun actually...

Caucasus is already done, so we're left with :

- Alps (too much cities)

- Atlas (not really a modern conflict area)

- Andes (not a WWII area)

- Rockies/Colorado (already in NTTR ?,, not a WWII area)

- Anatolia (Too close to Caucasus)

- Himalaya and Altai are excluded being either too high or not close enough to the sea.

And...

- Ethiopian highlands : WWII area, close to the sea, located in Africa (current maps are Europe/America/Asia), a good bunch of mountains...

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index

Yes Italy, the main continent is very populated. Sicily, I don´t really know. I mean It is very populated but no huge At least not on the south.

It all depends of your definition of "desert"... Antartica is the largest desert on earth.

Most mountains ranges are "desert".

Any mountains area would be pretty fun actually...

Caucasus is already done, so we're left with :

- Alps (too much cities)

- Atlas (not really a modern conflict area)

- Andes (not a WWII area)

- Rockies/Colorado (already in NTTR ?,, not a WWII area)

- Anatolia (Too close to Caucasus)

- Himalaya and Altai are excluded being either too high or not close enough to the sea.

And...

- Ethiopian highlands : WWII area, close to the sea, located in Africa (current maps are Europe/America/Asia), a good bunch of mountains...

How can Colorado be in NTTR?

Buzz

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the carrier deck crew demonstration screenshots were taken on the free map. The hills in the background appear to be covered with grass and trees. They are a lot smoother than the hills on the Caucasus map and their structure is different.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/b08/Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-02.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/03b/Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-03.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/c39/Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-04.jpg

It looks like the carrier deck crew demonstration screenshots were taken on the free map. The hills in the background appear to be covered with grass and trees. They are a lot smoother than the hills on the Caucasus map and their structure is different.

I doubt that's the new map, based on this newsletter ED only started shifting focus on the free map about two months ago so it's probably to early to start teasing it in-game. My guess would be that those shots were taken off the Mediterranean coast on Ugra's Syria map.

I believe that their work on the free map begun in 2018 according to this article.

Six months is a plenty of time to show something like an imported landscape or a few small detailed areas. I still can't find a matching landscape that could be in the Syria map.

Edited by Tomas9970

the upgrade to Normandy.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

What does it says?

unfortunately only the guys who made this board knows, as I ran that text through every known translator and nothing came up. it's probably fake writing.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||