9M and magic on C101 are rear aspect only?? [FIXED]

Rabbisaur

Well, AvioDev did show a lot of care and attention to details in the past, regarding C-101. I doubt they will leave out such issues behind, but since they are working on F-1 right now, probably we will have to wait a bit. And about fixing more popular modules, @darkman222, I would agree, but partly. F-5 still has some problems, that can be really annoying, like randomly switching X to Y TACAN band, G-limit introduced only now (and to mixed responce, to say the least) not to mention RWR and radar performance. And it is out of EA for years. So yes, problems will remain sometimes, sadly. And I agree, that trainers are not so flashy as dedicated combat planes. My guess is after F-1 will be out, devs can turn their attention to polishing 101. Perhaps they will develop some solutions wile working on Flechette, so they can port them back on CASA? I don't know, I can't code for one bit, but it doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 10:03 PM, Rabbisaur said:

Hi, I just got the C101 and I immediately find that 9M and magic on it are rear aspect only. Is there anything I need to set to make them all aspect like on other planes or this is a weapon bug?

On 4/18/2019 at 2:34 AM, RavenFrost said:

Sounds strange, 9M uses an all aspect IR-seaker. Not sure about the magic but it should work the same way. You can't change the the aspect of the seaker.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:34 PM, Schmidtfire said:

L39 cannot fire ”head to head”. C-101 suffers same issue as the Hawk did (Aim-9M rear aspect only).

You are right that the coding is in Aviodev’s hands, but this is an issue that has affected several modules over the years.

On 4/25/2019 at 6:08 PM, hisothiro said:

The aspect at which you can fire a missile is missile-dependant and not aircraft dependant. If you can fit an R-60M (all aspect IR missile) on an L-39, that L-39 can achieve a head-to-head missile kill.

I agree with OP that the -9M and Magic II being rear aspect only on the C-101CC is a bug (or a mistake? I've observed it too). The real missiles are all aspect, and the airframe on which they are mounted does not affect it.

On 5/30/2019 at 7:53 AM, Gascan39 said:

I got a gunzo kill head on against a Flanker in a CC. He WAS on final in his defense, lol

On 1/15/2022 at 6:41 PM, darkman222 said:

To bump this thread up again. Any news about the all aspect capability of the AIM9M and Magic missile? This jet is way too much fun in the BVR area on a server I like. But it would be more fun if I could surprise the bandits by slow flying and shooting missiles head on. At the moment the seeker seems way too unsensitive even when trying to lock the back of an aircraft.

I am on free trial at the moment. But for a full price 80$ module I would expect the missiles to work correctly.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, TLTeo said:

It's odd because some modules have this issue, others do not. The L-39 is (was?) in a similar situation with the R-60M, but the Viggen, F-5 and Mig-21 work as intended.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:25 PM, paco2002 said:

The L-39 still suffers this issue

On 1/20/2022 at 11:53 AM, Fairey Gannet said:

Well, AvioDev did show a lot of care and attention to details in the past, regarding C-101.

Issue has been fixed in the latest open beta patch.

• Thanks 2

• Vibora changed the title to 9M and magic on C101 are rear aspect only?? [FIXED]