F-104 Starfighter skins by jocko417

jocko417

3 minutes ago, jocko417 said:

Yes, you will need the Common Textures folder, it contains various shared textures that all my F-104 skins use. This is why you are getting that mosaic effect on the model, it can't find certain textures that are missing.

Thanks @jocko417& @Mizzyfor your guys help, I'm now on the right path.

• Like 1

Nice nose-art Jocko: 😍 I love that Snoopy Sniper 😄

On 1/7/2021 at 12:25 PM, Stratos said:

Is this a joke?

On 1/7/2021 at 8:17 PM, Mizzy said:

Where did you get this from ? I can't believe it if it's true !!!!!

▲It's from VSN-nice-screenshots pages: (a week old shot) probably another VSN project/mod of CDP-Kobra 👍

Edited by NRG-Vampire
  • Like 2

sign-pic4.jpg

There will be a fairly large update to the Common Textures folder with the release of the Camo skins. Changes will obviously include the new tanks and pylons camo textures. The big change will be that each camo skin probably won't have to have the center fuselage portion, as it should be the same for all liveries. It will be included in the Common Textures folder instead, with the result that the individual camo skin files should be smaller.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NRG-Vampire said:

Nice nose-art Jocko: 😍 I love that Snoopy Sniper 😄

▲It's from VSN-nice-screenshots pages: (a week old shot) probably another VSN project/mod of CDP-Kobra 👍

Do you have a link to the page ?

vor einer Stunde schrieb jocko417:

Well, that’s exciting! Soulfreak, could we expect a stretch job and second seat for the F-80C model? 😈 Only a billion T-33 skins out there waiting to happen 🙂

Well the plan is st to improve the F-104G model and then paralell to Strike Fighters 2 development but I guess the chances for a TF-104G are very good. 😉 

But that is all for now, nothing more planned so far.

Edited by soulfreak
  • Thanks 1

Well, I have some suggestions to those F-104G/S model(s). As I see there are differences only at the under fuselage twin pilons/launchers and the vental fin(s).
So, you (Kobra?) should merge the two model into one where arg70 or other non-dedicated  arg# (visibility) will be able to change/visualize those parts through the livery-decription.lua: custom_args = (number/value).
Moreover you can build the TF-104G on the model too. Merge all models and add visibility to the different parts and you will save a lot of work and resources.

sign-pic4.jpg

vor 14 Minuten schrieb NRG-Vampire:

Well, I have some suggestions to those F-104G/S model(s). As I see there are differences only at the under fuselage twin pilons/launchers and the vental fin(s).
So, you (Kobra?) should merge the two model into one where arg70 or other non-dedicated  arg# (visibility) will be able to change/visualize those parts through the livery-decription.lua: custom_args = (number/value).
Moreover you can build the TF-104G on the model too. Merge all models and add visibility to the different parts and you will save a lot of work and resources.

I´m not kobra.

i guess it will stay on G & S different models, cause those will be not only done for DCS.

50 minutes ago, soulfreak said:

I´m not kobra.

i guess it will stay on G & S different models, cause those will be not only done for DCS.

Gotcha, but it's not a problem to export into another game-3D format/extension a DCS-ready "Merged-with-visibility-parts-3D model".
MAX can handle those arg-based-visibilities.
It's only a hide/unhide/reveal thingy. (a 3D modeller can do it manually as well: without visibilities)
So, He can export both: seperated F-104G and F-104S models to FSX, FSXX, SF2, XP etc. formats
I am RDY 2 help 😉

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

53 minutes ago, stockfisch said:

All those fantastic skins beg for an official F-104 module. What a fantastic jet! Let us dream, maybe one day ... 😉

Not likely I'm afraid. I asked the question to Nick Grey and the response was basically not on the cards, none of the Century Fighters are 😞

3 hours ago, soulfreak said:

Please check 56-891 file, it has different colors for the tail number. 😉

Yup...

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, soulfreak said:

Well the plan is st to improve the F-104G model and then paralell to Strike Fighters 2 development but I guess the chances for a TF-104G are very good. 😉 

But that is all for now, nothing more planned so far.

Nono, I mean a T-33, not a TF-104

1 hour ago, stockfisch said:

All those fantastic skins beg for an official F-104 module. What a fantastic jet! Let us dream, maybe one day ... 😉

Yes, we can only hope. I too want to feel the power of BLC being the difference between living and dying. 🙂