F-104 Starfighter skins by jocko417

jocko417

• 2 weeks later...

@jocko417 I'm using the smoke-II liverie (and new common folder) on a dedicated server where a few missions with the F-104G are planned. But if the F104G with the above mentioned livery is used as AI, I get an interesting image of the wing-tip-fuel-tanks which looks like the one in the attachement...quite funny, but where is the problem? I've got the F104G installed with everything in the savedgames folder....F-104_GUNS.png 

...when I use it as a client plane, everything is fine...

When I fly the mission on my "normal" DCS-installation (different PC) everything is fine as well, even when the F104G is flown by the AI...

It looks like the game is putting the wrong object on the wingtip. Can you send a better pic of the object? Besides an update/repair of your specific game installation you could ask VSN about it. Skin files won’t affect how objects are placed, only what the object texture will look like.

Hi @jocko417

It's a minigun instead of the tiptank...funny thing, when I use the standard-skin fpr AI (I think its Jabo32 or something) there is no problem. If I fly it with this skin as client on the server, there is no problem either...it's sadly the combination of the F104G and your pretty nice (and perfect fitting for the mission) smokeII skin...I'll test some more and see, if the problem keps popping up after a newly installed F104G + lieveries...lets see ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

cdpkobra , vc e o cara ,fez o nosso sonho da era vietnam acontecer, ja baixei hoje o mod do F-105 Thunderchief, o peso-pesado dos caça-bombardeiro e ja estou fazendo uma missão Rolling Thunder, nos, os pilotos virtuais da velha guarda estamos aguardando ansiosamente pela vinda de um outro lutador., o ultimo dos gunfigther, o F8U Cruzader para tornar o cenario do vietnam uma realidade, para nos não importa se o cockpit e desse ou de outra aeronave, o que nos queremos e o mod em si, voando. muito obrigado por este e outros que virão.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb jacson158:

cdpkobra , vc e o cara ,fez o nosso sonho da era vietnam acontecer, ja baixei hoje o mod do F-105 Thunderchief, o peso-pesado dos caça-bombardeiro e ja estou fazendo uma missão Rolling Thunder, nos, os pilotos virtuais da velha guarda estamos aguardando ansiosamente pela vinda de um outro lutador., o ultimo dos gunfigther, o F8U Cruzader para tornar o cenario do vietnam uma realidade, para nos não importa se o cockpit e desse ou de outra aeronave, o que nos queremos e o mod em si, voando. muito obrigado por este e outros que virão.

In English please!

On 1/5/2021 at 8:15 PM, jocko417 said:

Ah, the Cosmo... never got a ride in one of those but I rode Air Ontario's old CV580s a few times before everybody and their mother started using Dash-8s for short haul trips.

Some Canadian markings trivia, the Cosmopolitan and at least one other type (maybe Yukon?) wore red on red nationality markings for a short period. I think the theory was that since blue was no longer a "national" colour with the red and white maple leaf flag replacing the Ensign, the nationality markings should therefore mimic the new flag.

Maybe the powers that were decided that at long distances these markings would be confused with Danish markings or something, because the change never stuck.

Canadair-CC-109-Cosmopolitan--CF--Serial-No--109151--Ottawa--1967--Mike-Kaehler.jpg

From what I understand the red on red was only for the Centennial year.

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

I’ve been advised that there will be some updates to the F-104 model soon. I’ve put new stuff on hold for a while in case I have to go back and change a bunch of stuff after the new model is released. While we wait I could whip up something basic. Were you looking for the Camo/dayglo scheme?

Edited by jocko417
grammar
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 11:54 AM, jocko417 said:

Here I will be posting skins for the VSN F-104G model, representing the Canadair-built CF-104 in various liveries, both natural metal and camo, as seen during the aircraft's service life with the RCAF/CAF.

ModelViewer2_2020-12-25_09-47-58-19.jpg

Magnifique! :smoke:

Very, very nice skins. Thank you. Really enjoying these.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep! Also got to Calgary to see 846. Cockpits differ. 703 has been restored to how the airframe would have appeared while serving in the RCAF in 1966, in the strike/recon role. 703 is the most accurate restoration of a CF-104 I’ve ever seen. A lot of work had to be done “undoing” the various changes the airframe had received after being sold to Denmark and converted to the F-104G standard. Only a couple more things need to be done for it to truly be a CF-104 again.

846’s cockpit was also changed to the F-104G configuration after being sold to Denmark. I’m assuming it has remained unchanged since the museum acquired the airframe but I haven’t had a chance to check my CF-104 references yet. 

Edited by jocko417