New A-10 model..

Yeniceri

Can you try something for me please.

Go to Modman and select file by file mode at the bottom right.

Scrool through the files and uninstall the files GLASS.TGA, GLASS2.TGA and GLASS3.TGA. See if that makes and difference for you.

Hi Highwayman:

I don't see those files listed in the mod and they are not within the rar file (at least not in mine).

To give you more info about my installation, I have installed the Ground Pounder Beta Mod 1.01, Three Shader 2.0, HUD Font v 2.0, Walmis F-15 and weapons pack 2.11, Sim-Mod's A-10, and the compatibility pack for A-10A + Walmis F-15

My specs are:

AMD 64 2500 @2.2MHz, 1.5GB RAM, 7600GT (drivers 169.1 installed), Viewsonic VA902B 19"

The A-10 is the only plane to have this problem; I hope you can help me solve it because I want to use this piece of art :helpsmilie:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~S~ massive(and i mean MASSIVE)thank you guys for all your hard work on this one,you promised and then delivered in full then a truck load more :) I really treat this sim as my own personal A-10 simulator so this is teh shizzle as far as I'm concerned.

thanks again and she really is a beauty :D

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

Great work SIM-MOD team. On behalf of the 104th, Thanks a ton for your beautiful work! We all certainly appreciate all the time and effort that went into this project.

Oh, and thanks for thinking of us Canadians.. :thumbup:

S!

Hi Highwayman:

I don't see those files listed in the mod and they are not within the rar file (at least not in mine)

You're quite right, sorry... I'd forgotten that we moved these into a cdds before the release.

Can you look for the file A-10-tga.cdds (or very similar, sorry I'm not able to access my PC right now) in modman and uninstall that. This will knock out many other features, but I'd be curious to see if it resolves the issue.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Polten that is not related to this new A-10. I think has to do with other mods. I had it too some time ago and was a cockpit mod or gauges mod or something...

So it's out isn't it... Great, just when I have work to do... :D :D

I will install it and report ASAP :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Polten that is not related to this new A-10. I think has to do with other mods. I had it too some time ago and was a cockpit mod or gauges mod or something...

I am at the office right now, so I can not check it out; but, except for the HUD Fonts from TekaTeka, I don't have any cockpit or gauges Mod. Besides, this problem happens when I install this mod, and only in the A-10A, the original stock version works fine; it must be something missing or some kind of conflict, but I couldn't sort it out yet.

I will try the Highwayman's workaround as soon as I can, or any other possible solution that arise.

After downloading from 3 different sites I know have this wonderful mod up and working, Huge thanks again to everyone but especially to Yeniceri

• Like 1

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

After downloading from 3 different sites I know have this wonderful mod up and working, Huge thanks again to everyone but especially to Yeniceri

:thumbup:Glad to hear you got it squared away,I had probs with Lockon files dl,I dl from the German mirror and everything is cool!!:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great model indeed, I've just installed it and its Top Quality! Works out of the box.

I have few remarks regarding the installing process:

About this meinit.xml nightmare :D ...

Is it really necessary? I mean, I know the game is not working without it but... isn't in this world a simpler solution? Come on... for changing/adding a skin you have to be a programmer?

I have a "personal" mod that gathers some nice Su-25T skins (yup, the guy (plane) that brought all this dark dream :) ). Because the skins were using same "ID" I couldn't use them all at once so I had to edit the Meinit.xml... some one year ago or even more to change a bit those IDs. Now, to add "my" modifications in to the Meinit.xml from A-10 SIMMOD looks easier as there are fewer lines but... nightmare... the meinit.xml from A-10 mod has a bit different "formatting" and is impossible for me to safely edit the file (I am not a programmer). Even more, as far as I can understand this new meinit.xml has lines in it referring to skins for Su-25T that I never see or have... isn't that cluttering? There are many mods out there that are using "meinit.xml" for adding their thing and every modder might have his small personal modifications in the file or "junk" from other mods that he is not aware of... when he is creating his mod he is actually spreading them and soon you cant understand a thing when looking in the file.

Couldn't this file be split? I mean... a file for each plane... or something?

Couldn't be an automated clean editor program be used for installing a mod? AFAIK the original "triple ejector racks" mod had a program that edited the Meinit just adding the necessary modifications but not replacing the whole file with a "personal" one. Walmis F15 used some similar program to modify the graphic.cfg file.

The Walmis F15 compatibility patch has just one file... the meinit.xml dragon. After I manually edit (let's say) my file how do I know what the patcher file brings new to the scene... what do I add now?

Please... is madness... my eyes hurts :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Whats wrong with the nose? No Plans on changing it. As stated before in this thread and others a template will be released

What is wrong??

Just take a look at a real Plane.

dm670copyhp5.jpg

and the Model

80664608bl2copykf9.jpg

You see the difference??

Also look at the angle of the Canopy, the cover of the nose landing gear and the vertical tail

I think the numbering position cannot be changed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2win my buddy . :doh:

dont you think that this a bit much?

my '' old eyes '', cant see any difference , my friend .

the model a-10 looks a bit better , if anything . ha ha .

come on buddy . ALOT , of hard work went into this .

it looks FANTASTIC .

cheers again , for the pretty , BIRD .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

again, please read the readme

Q: I found some details on the A-10 are missing; will there be an update in the future?

A: No, there will not be any updates to the Hog. The Sim-mod team will move onto other projects. Some details were not incorporated either due to fps reasons or the object was too small (hence it caused more trouble than it’s worth). In addition, any changes to the model itself might destroy the unwrap.

Q: Walmis F-15 had regular updates, why can’t we have it on the A-10?

A: Walmis F-15 had the ability to be updated since it used the same skin as the stock F-15 (but a lot of parts didn’t fit). It was also an ongoing project when he released it to the public, ours is a completely finished model with all the works and new skin. So I believe you will be satisfied with the amount of detail that went into this model. It is currently the most detailed A-10 model in any simulator that I am aware of. (And it’s free too!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2win my buddy . :doh:

dont you think that this a bit much?

my '' old eyes '', cant see any difference , my friend .

the model a-10 looks a bit better , if anything . ha ha .

come on buddy . ALOT , of hard work went into this .

it looks FANTASTIC .

cheers again , for the pretty , BIRD .

OK, iґm so sorry searching for realism. If you can live with it, fine, iґm struggle with it. Each to his own. :thumbup:

€.

Thx. SuperKungfu, thats what i want to know.