StreamDeck plugin for DCS

Ok, just for the sake of clarity: this applies to a dcs control plugin for streamdeck, which indeed requires dcs-bios, on the listening side. if not using dcs-bios, go install it.

Controls have two values, but for most of your buttons, this simply means (as an example):

UFC_ONOFF

value on: 1

value off: 0

that's it.

A INC/DEC example, let's say CHANNEL 1 SELECT:

UFC_COMM1_CHANNEL_SELECT

value on: INC

value off: -

(- means nothing)

UFC_COMM1_VOL:

Value On: +3200

Value off: INC

and so on. Check DCS-BIOS for a complete list of commands. (Examples are for F/A-18C)

i8700K / GTX 1080i - HOTAS Warthog / TPR

New StreamDeck Plugin

Hi, since users interested in StreamDeck may already be subscribed to this thread, I wanted to share a new bi-directional StreamDeck plugin I created for DCS.

I started a new thread with details here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269642

It is currently built to communicate with SDA's DCS-ExportScript (the backend for Ikarus).

Hey! everyone.

As a user of streamdeck i am very interested in the actual state of this project.

There are any news? what is the newest version of the pluging and what we can do with it?

Capt Zeen, I was also just testing it with your Helios export scripts yesterday, and with some minor modifications to how I initialize the UDP connections it should be simple to enable compatibility with those as well. (The export scripts would still have to add a second port to be used at the same time as Helios).

Hi,

The whole thing works because DCS-BIOS is quite awesome. Let me add again that bidirectional input is way more complex to achieve. Hope Ranma13 finds time to work on his project.

For toggle buttons, you can just use TOGGLE. You will need documentation on DCS-BIOS and your module commands, and check whether a given command supports Rotary (INC, DEC), TOGGLE or a single value.

Rotary controls will take two buttons, but all others just one.

Mad Jack, thanks for this simple and small plugin. But I need your help. "1" and "0" works pretty well, but TOGGLE did not work for me. What do I have to do? I put "TOGGLE" as a value in your field "Value On", right?

For example I tried with Master Arm switch. DCS-Bios Webinterface (Browser) tells me that my module and the command "MASTER_ARM" is supporting toggle command. When pressing the toggle button in DCS-Bios Website, the switch is set in DCS game.

What do I have to do in order to get TOGGLE working with your plugin? Could you please post an example for TOGGLE? Thanks!!

EDIT: I did not change anything, but now it works with TOGGLE. Value On: TOGGLE ; Value Off=0

Edited by KonniRichter

Wow, I didn't know someone else was working on a Stream Deck plugin for DCS BIOS. I'm the person who mentioned that the Stream Deck SDK isn't that great. I'm also developing my own version here:

https://github.com/danieltian/dcs-bios-stream-deck-plugin

"A production version can be created by using the Distribution Tool provided by Elgato."

Can anybody help how to get a production version out of Ranma13 files at GitHub by using the DistributionTool? Thanks :worthy:

• 3 weeks later...
I also found streamdeck SDK a bit ...awkward, so I did 2-way communication with MATRIC ( Google play) instead.

I wrote a blog post about how I did it if anyone is interested in expanding it further (like using DCS BIOS instead of roll-your-own-lua). MATRIC API is rather simple - json over UDP socket - took me about one hour for this proof of concept, including writing lua script :)

Just found this. I use matric for every module. I'll be giving this a shot!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering the status of your stream deck plugin.

Was the development of this continued? Is it in a working state.

I like the above video, but I find touch screens difficult compared to the tactile feedback of the stream deck.

I'm also wondering if your stream deck plugin would work better than my current setup which works for the most part (no 2 way obviously), stream deck just acting as a keyboard but for some reason, some key combinations don't work. Mostly I find PAUSE (as in pause/break key) never works on stream deck (for pausing game or for fps counter for instance)

I also can't interact directly with dcs for things like request taxi or request start unless the module has a key binding for that.

Anyways, nice work, just wondering if you have any updates on the stream deck side of things.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

I don't think that Pause works for anyone. Solution is to re-bind Pause to another key (or combo) on your keyboard). And certain key-combo's give the same problem.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 1 year later...
On 4/20/2019 at 12:21 PM, Mad Jack said:

Hi all

I've made this plugin, to talk to DCS, and allows you to send DCS-BIOS commands.

I would suggest to use https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303670/ icons from pellelil to set up your controls.

Basically, it sends whatever control you set up, and allows you to send one value for keyDown and another on keyUp, OR the TOGGLE command, which will just send one TOGGLE (ignores the other value).

For most controls, values are 1-0, 0-1, 1-2, 2-1, etc.

For now, it doesn't work with incremental or rotary controls, as there is no communication from DCS. Will look into that, but as someone mentioned, Stream Deck's SDK is not that friendly.

Please, report any issue you may find. This is my first plugin for streamdeck. Only guarantee is that it works here.

Here you can find the plugin and source code:

https://github.com/toureiffel/streamdeck-dcs

screenshot.png

(Icons on the screenshot are not my work, but pellelil's)

Enjoy!

MadJack

Hi there

I have the plugin connected and a Harrier module that takes the controls as outlined above. But where in the various DCS modules do I find the Control: UFC_OS1 for example. so that I may program other aircraft from DCS Control button?

*Disregard I found how to do it.

Edited by Mordants
Info request solved

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

Hi, fastest way is to check DCS-BIOS (https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios) JSON files, in order to find out what each control is named. Find the required controls in 

Scripts/DCS-BIOS/doc/json/ for your module.

You need DCS-BIOS installed in your DCS World saved games directory, first, of course. You can find the maintained fork of DCS-BIOS here:
https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios/releases

i8700K / GTX 1080i - HOTAS Warthog / TPR

5 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Hi, fastest way is to check DCS-BIOS (https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios) JSON files, in order to find out what each control is named. Find the required controls in 

Scripts/DCS-BIOS/doc/json/ for your module.

You need DCS-BIOS installed in your DCS World saved games directory, first, of course. You can find the maintained fork of DCS-BIOS here:
https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios/releases

I've now found out I'm am using an old version of DCS Bios (DCS-BIOS Version: v0.10.0+64 (21e288cdeb95f54d1b5c4935fde9e51ae3c58965) , but for the life of me I can not find the latest installer, I'm going round in circles on the git hub page and even tried just putting the files into my DCS saved games scripts folder and altering the export.lua to reflect. As expected did not work. Any ideas that will help me?

Cheers

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

5 hours ago, Mordants said:

I've now found out I'm am using an old version of DCS Bios (DCS-BIOS Version: v0.10.0+64 (21e288cdeb95f54d1b5c4935fde9e51ae3c58965) , but for the life of me I can not find the latest installer, I'm going round in circles on the git hub page and even tried just putting the files into my DCS saved games scripts folder and altering the export.lua to reflect. As expected did not work. Any ideas that will help me?

Cheers

In the post you quoted the most recent version in within the link that ends in /releases. 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

In the post you quoted the most recent version in within the link that ends in /releases. 

Thanks for that but I can see it and I have downloaded that file and unzipped it for it's constituent parts. My problem is that there is no installer. The installed update that I have downloaded has a different path in the export.lua (points to the DCS saved games scripts export.lua) where my DCS bios is installed in program files. I am simply trying to get the additional files to show in the control reference I have The Mi-24. 

Line 11 of the attached export.lua shows I  rem'd out the line and inserted line 9 from the downloaded file. Doesn't appear to have affected the program at all.

DCS Bios Plugin 1.png

Control reference.png

Export.lua

3 hours ago, Mordants said:

Thanks for that but I can see it and I have downloaded that file and unzipped it for it's constituent parts. My problem is that there is no installer. The installed update that I have downloaded has a different path in the export.lua (points to the DCS saved games scripts export.lua) where my DCS bios is installed in program files. I am simply trying to get the additional files to show in the control reference I have The Mi-24. 

Line 11 of the attached export.lua shows I  rem'd out the line and inserted line 9 from the downloaded file. Doesn't appear to have affected the program at all.

DCS Bios Plugin 1.png

Control reference.png

Export.lua 832 B · 0 downloads

I don't use that part of DCS-BIOS that you have pictures. There is an updated method if using the reference page that leans on Google Chrome. I would uninstall all dcs Bios things and do a fresh install by following these instructions https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/DCSFlightpanels/wiki/Installation