Can not join a multiplayer server without crashing to desktop during loading screen

Keks

Title says it all.

Tried all the usual stuff, forgive me for not going in to too much detail due to the fact that this problem exits for me since 3 previous versions and I just have given up on dcs.

Its the steam version and yes I have done the repair via steam and yes I have reinstalled it at least 3 times by now. The only thing I have not done yet (and wont do) is a complete fresh install of windows. But since only 1 program doesnt work as intended I dont see the need.

Hello, What exactly happens? crash to desk top? can you see servers on the menu page? the larger, complex servers can take several mins to load. I had an issue with my pagefile size and it fixed my problem, a month or two ago,(Thanks Mustang!) is your firewall set to let DCS through? Try to connect by IP address. More info would be helpful.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can see all the servers on the menu page. My firewall settings did not change and allowed me to play dcs in multiplayer prior to the implementation of the F-14 and Mig-19. Basicly as soon as those planes hit the open beta I could not play any more.

I can connect to all the servers and dcs finishes loading all the things until the "please wait" section (I just assume its "please wait, since I am using a german client). Once it hits that spot there is a very high chance of everything open besides dcs crashing (yt vids will stop playing, chrome failes to load webpages, discord becomes unresponsive etc etc) Then I have to options I can either wait a couple of minutes and the game crashes to desktop or I can click on the screen where dcs is located and windows gives me the not responding popup and then dcs crashes to desktop.

Thats why I initially suspected a pagefile issue but that turned out to be not the case.

• 1 year later...

Ouch, I see a 1 GB pagefile. That must hurt DCS's feelings very badly. 😄

2021-01-24 22:33:53.758 INFO    DCS: CPU cores: 4, threads: 8, System RAM: 16322 MB, Pagefile: 956 MB

I'm not sure there's a link with the sudden closures, but this isn't normal at all. Can you please attach your friend's dxdiag log? Here's how to obtain one.

By the way, his log doesn't show him going to the Multiplayer page (no "NET: client has started" message). He flew a lot of Instant action missions instead.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thx Flappie, probably he send me the wrong log...cause I was with him on TS two night ago trying to let him join our server.

I will try to take the other log in the meantime I thank You because You give me a good hint, page file size...I fear he lowered it and with a total of 16Gb of ram and only a 1Gb of page file I fear that the problem could be there.
Thx for now.

Bye.

14 hours ago, Flappie said:

Ouch, I see a 1 GB pagefile. That must hurt DCS's feelings very badly. 😄

2021-01-24 22:33:53.758 INFO    DCS: CPU cores: 4, threads: 8, System RAM: 16322 MB, Pagefile: 956 MB

I'm not sure there's a link with the sudden closures, but this isn't normal at all. Can you please attach your friend's dxdiag log? Here's how to obtain one.

By the way, his log doesn't show him going to the Multiplayer page (no "NET: client has started" message). He flew a lot of Instant action missions instead.

It was the page file! Thx mate 👍