Lets go Virpil

Sixpack49DCS

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

If only... rdlaugh.png

... I had the funds (I direly need to replace my 3570K bottleneck, basically my whole rig except for the graphics card)

... there was an FFB base for all those nice grips...

Dream on mlp-plsleep.png

Brunner CLS-E joystick can fit warthog stick and virpil sticks. But for DCS at this moment you will be stuck with hardware ffb trim and set up a 'spring' strength profile.

Hopefully one of these days Brunner will write a plugin so actual software ffb can be send and felt in the stick. They only have profiles for fsx, xplane and the like. something to do with that they dont use directx but their own special driver.

Brunner CLS-E joystick can fit warthog stick and virpil sticks. But for DCS at this moment you will be stuck with hardware ffb trim and set up a 'spring' strength profile.

Hopefully one of these days Brunner will write a plugin so actual software ffb can be send and felt in the stick. They only have profiles for fsx, xplane and the like. something to do with that they dont use directx but their own special driver.

There's a chap somewhere on these forums though whos working on a 3rd party application for DCS to support the brunner ffb base, has some functionality for spring forces and a working GUI so far from what I can gather, he intends to add more functionality.

Brunner themselves should be releasing something this year for official DCS support but word is that's just going to be basic spring & trim forces, though if enough DCS fans with deep pockets buy the stick and encourage its development who knows?

I'm willing to accept gifts if only to get those sales numbers up :P:joystick:

Well if I just look, both VKB and VPC have sticks/bases that are sold out already for ages... apparently that's an actual issue with both of them (little market, trying to lessen the risk) rainbowdashwink.png

That Brunner thing seems to be a different approach to get around the Immersion patents and without supporting DCS, Il-2 and other relevant milsims, it's kinda useless at least at the moment. Well, and it's Swiss. Just look at the price tag rdlaugh.png

But it can get interesting for sure.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Whats the difference?

Pretty much no difference except that they are completely separate and unaffiliated companies with confusingly similar names, very similar looking products and come from the same part of the world.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Pretty much no difference except that they are completely separate and unaffiliated companies with confusingly similar names, very similar looking products and come from the same part of the world.

I think you misunderstand; it was a cheeky response to whether there were any differences between each companies production being able to match demand :music_whistling::D

I think you misunderstand; it was a cheeky response to whether there were any differences between each companies production being able to match demand :music_whistling::D

It's only funny if it's true :)

To be fair, out of the two, VIRPIL is known for being able to deliver more readily than VKB. Everything is out of stock on the VKB websites, but almost everything can be ordered from Virpil.

They're also coming out with new products much faster (throttle, new bases, pedals). I won't be at all surprised to see the VPC F-14 grip to be out and deliverable before the VKB one.

Also, I like the fact that their gear is Warthog compatible out of the box. Therefore I'm very happy that they're also doing an F-14 grip.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Did they mention anything about functionality? Will they implement any extra keys or HAT's? Or will this only include the default F-14 stick configuration?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache