[Scripting] setTask and FAC_ENGAGE_GROUP

sunski34

Hi,

I created a JTAC to priorise targets groups in a DCS zone (simple circle). Two groups to engage, so first setTask with good params, That works with F10/F9 (in M2000C). Lasing is good,

When first group is destroyed, new setTask (after a delay of 3 seconds) for the second group of targets. F10/F9 menu and 9-line still ok. But Jtac still lase the last destroyed unit.

This script works a few months ago. Is there a change? or a new bug?

Thanks

Hi,

I created a JTAC to priorise targets groups in a DCS zone (simple circle). Two groups to engage, so first setTask with good params, That works with F10/F9 (in M2000C). Lasing is good,

When first group is destroyed, new setTask (after a delay of 3 seconds) for the second group of targets. F10/F9 menu and 9-line still ok. But Jtac still lase the last destroyed unit.

This script works a few months ago. Is there a change? or a new bug?

Thanks

Try to popTask the previous FAC_ENGAGE_GROUP and then setTask the new one after a delay for 3 to 5 sec.

I tried with resetTask no change... But with the last OB, the problem is now different.

For the first setTask, all is good, and this ends with finish "you may depart"...

Then after the delay, new setTask, F10 JTAC menu is OK. frequency ok but no response from JTAC... That doesn't work....

So it's not exactly the same problem as I thought....

Now I do a resetTask and wait 10s before setting a new FAC_ENGAGE_GROUP test.

Starting is OK until read of 9lines... After JTAC have a problem and don't respond any more.

No I test with FA-18 not Mirage because of GBU-12 bug with it (Bomb disapear after dropping ...

So wait and see. JTAC has problems actually on DCS.

... Now I do a resetTask and wait 10s before setting a new FAC_ENGAGE_GROUP test.

Starting is OK until read of 9lines... After JTAC have a problem and don't respond any more.

I noticed this effect too, readback of 9-line is the very end of a second conversation with JTAC.

A quick question: how do you perform a "resetTask" ... is it scripted, or is it somewhere hidden in the holy editor I am currently not able to find ? :cry:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I noticed this effect too, readback of 9-line is the very end of a second conversation with JTAC.

A quick question: how do you perform a "resetTask" ... is it scripted, or is it somewhere hidden in the holy editor I am currently not able to find ? :cry:

It is a script:

Group.getByName('fac group'):getController():resetTask()

It is a script: Group.getByName('fac group'):getController():resetTask()

Thanks! :thumbup:

Let's see if ED puts it into the loop for fixing. :megalol:

No, no, just fooling around, they will, for sure! Someday ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1