vsynch locks me at 30fps

birdstrike

noticed a problem with vsynch...as soon as i use it, the frames are locked at 30fps, while without it, i can hold easily above 100fps in any situation. but i would prefer a steady 60fps rather than fluctuating high fps without vsynch.

any ideas why its holding me at 30fps, while it easily can hold above 60frames?

oh that was quick...ill give it a try an report back.

Maybe could be worth checking the graphics driver settings for V-Sync as it could be set to half-rate (30 FPS) (the same could be set via Nvidia Inspector so check if you haven't used that as well).

Though, I'm not sure if those settings are overridden by the game setting (and thus ignored by the game).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!