DCS World Open Beta Dedicated Server

That what I am doing. I have 3 servers running on one computer and manage them thru 2 separate accounts. Not a big issue, but I thought the 2 server per account restriction was a temporary measure the simplify troubleshooting in the early days when the dedicated server was introduced.

Yes it is still in effect. If you attempt to log in the account on more than 2 sessions the account will be force logged out on all the sessions.

Since you don't need to purchase any DLC (terrains) for running the Dedicated Server what you should do is create an account specifically just for the server and use this newly created account to run the server and to access the WebGUI of the dedicated server.

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

That what I am doing. I have 3 servers running on one computer and manage them thru 2 separate accounts. Not a big issue, but I thought the 2 server per account restriction was a temporary measure the simplify troubleshooting in the early days when the dedicated server was introduced.

You can create multiple accounts so long as you supply different emails for each.

Cheers!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

That doesn't and never worked, it resets to blank once server launched.

I am trying to think why this is happening on your machine. Does the user that the exe is running under have the proper permissions to write back to the user folders?

I would suggest to try "Run as Administrator"

Hope this helps you...

IAF.ViFF

I am trying to think why this is happening on your machine. Does the user that the exe is running under have the proper permissions to write back to the user folders?

Hope this helps you...

Thanks Viff. It looks like if it reverts back to blank once any change is done in the server, like the mission or any setting. Yes it does have permission, even without run as admin. Maybe that's the problem? Because it is entering the file and changing it?

Stay safe

Thanks Viff. It looks like if it reverts back to blank once any change is done in the server, like the mission or any setting. Yes it does have permission, even without run as admin. Maybe that's the problem? Because it is entering the file and changing it?

Possibly yes. I suggest to try run as admin.

Cheers!

IAF.ViFF

Possibly yes. I suggest to try run as admin.

Cheers!

Do you mean the server exe as admin? This is driving me crazy. Never worked since day 1 I dont know why. When you replied to me today the first time I went and did it anyway and wrote the word test on it. Now the word stayed there and I can't change it, and whatever changes I made are overwritten by the word test. What is happening to me???

Stay safe

Hope this helps you...

I have this problem even when I run as admin

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

If I leave the file open and restart the server with the web gui it says that another program made modifications and if I load it again it reverts to the previous state. Before the previous state was blank but now it is the word test that I used when Viff replied today. So.... what's going on?¡

Stay safe

After installing the DCS world Dedicated server beta on my OVH server, when it goes to update I get a box that says "A timeout was reached".

Any ideas on what it could be? My server isn't blocking anything as far as I'm aware off. I went ahead and opened ports both in windows server 2019 and my hardware firewall before even trying to install.

EDIT:

Just an update, I hard reset my server and it seemed to fix the updater issue.

Edited by rogue221

I have this problem even when I run as admin

Ok I just solved this problem. For me at least it was the fact that I was editing while the exe was running. If you edit while everything is off then it doesn't revert back to anything. Also I was not putting "" for break lines. Hope it helps someone.

Stay safe

So I just installed the DS so I can test off-loading the AI to different cores.

Anyway, when I launch the server, it binds to my trackIR... when I launch my second DCS instance (non-DS) to join the DS, my trackIR is already bound to the DS so I can't use it. How do I stop the DS from grabbing my trackIR? I noticed in the logs it binds to all my controls/joysticks but doesn't seem to cause an issue. (BTW I spend over an hour trying to figure out why DS wouldn't start, turned out my TIR app was hung, but I had no idea the DS was looking for it. *facepalm* Wasn't obvious until my regular client wouldn't start either. Happens all the time when I resume from sleep mode).

One more quick Q:

If I am running on the same machine, is there any benefit to downloading the DS package, or should I just run my existing install with --server --no-render with a separate shortcut and save 55GB?

Edited by Vanguard

I don't know a way to stop dedicated server from taking TIR. Only way is to start DCS frist, switch to Desktop with Alt-Tap and then start the dedi.

Some people said the dedi took less resources then the "--server --no-render" counterpart. But I haven't compared it myself.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 1 month later...

I'm having an issue of my server not showing up on the server list. I did the port forwarding and on the GUI it says it's active, but neither my other comp norm my friends can see the server. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I created exceptions for the DCS app in my firewall also. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 9:04 AM, tctrunkmonky said:

I'm having an issue of my server not showing up on the server list. I did the port forwarding and on the GUI it says it's active, but neither my other comp norm my friends can see the server. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I created exceptions for the DCS app in my firewall also. 

I have this exact thing, too. Server says it's up, it shows up on "My Servers" list when logging on to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ server page. It can be accessed and administered thru webgui. But it does NOT show up on server list in-game. 

Had server with exact same setup before, then it worked without problems. Server is on a Windows VM in a TrueNAS-server. 

Edited by DrGonzo94

On 1/23/2021 at 4:08 AM, DrGonzo94 said:

I have this exact thing, too. Server says it's up, it shows up on "My Servers" list when logging on to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ server page. It can be accessed and administered thru webgui. But it does NOT show up on server list in-game. 

Had server with exact same setup before, then it worked without problems. Server is on a Windows VM in a TrueNAS-server. 

Dedicated server was consistently crashing on me so I blew it up and did a fresh re-install. I can no longer see nor connect to my dedicated server using DCS open beta. It does however show up via DCS stable. What gives?

1 minute ago, chevelle970 said:

Dedicated server was consistently crashing on me so I blew it up and did a fresh re-install. I can no longer see nor connect to my dedicated server using DCS open beta. It does however show up via DCS stable. What gives?

Nevermind, I guess now there is a stable and open beta version for the dedicated server.

On 1/30/2021 at 12:39 PM, chevelle970 said:

Nevermind, I guess now there is a stable and open beta version for the dedicated server.

also make sure your versions match i had the same issue where it would should when running stable version and not on the open beta. Turns out i had a version missmatch make sure which version  your server is matches the version your playing with. i updated both my client version's and my  servers. Now i can see the server in both the open beta and the stable release. Took me forever to find that little tidbit. 

Heya. Was there an update to the server today or something? I had to sign in to my account again when starting (auto-login didn't work), and when I launch the server, the window comes up, it shows up in my profile when checking "My Servers", but I can't configure it on either local web GUI or via the profile. Just says the following:

image.png

So far when trying to set this up I've checked options.lua and serverSettings.lua, and options looks a bit empty (only seeing "auto-login").

EDIT: Ah, figured out what happened. I had copied over some Tacview settings to options.lua from a  forum, and didn't notice that ONE of the settings included text styling markup (specifically tags for bold text). That broke the options.lua, and it wasn't built properly afterwards. Wiped options.lua, started server, closed server, added settings properly, everything works.

Edited by jubuttib

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 8:26 PM, Shimmergloom667 said:

So, there is no UI that I am aware of to the open beta standalone server, nor is there any argument to set or withdraw to start it WITH aforementioned UI.

Still, the options.lua is in the expected ..\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config\ folder - it is pretty empty by default, but it HAS the plugins entry - so what you can do is simply copypaste the Tacview options from your client. This is my whole options.lua for the standalone server now, TacView now runs without the 10 min delay w/o issue

options = {
["graphics"] = {
	["height"] = 600,
	["visibRange"] = "High",
	["width"] = 800,
},
["miscellaneous"] = {
	["autologin"] = true,
},
["plugins"] = {
	["Tacview"] = {
		["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
		["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 1,
		["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
		["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
		["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
		["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
		["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
	},
},
}

Hi all,
setting the delay (I wanted to set it to 1 min = 60 sec) doesn't work for me. I'd only adjusted the options.lua of the server. Or do I also need the Tacview specific data from hooks & scripts?

Actually I didn't want to have Tacview logging on the server itself, but just wanted to save the clients massive delay. Or do I have to install Tacview completely as well?

Thanks, Hanne