Engine sound

Anaglob

The model does not have its own engine sounds, for has a default simulator sound. It is necessary to make them to be able to adjust them outside and in the cabin (sounds of start, modes, engine stop). As well as the sound of fuel pumps, pneumatic brakes, hydraulic landing gear and mechanization of the wing.

The sound of the current Converter, gyroscopes.

Edited by Anaglob

• 2 months later...

To be fair Su-25 and MiG-21 have same engine(albeit different intakes). I remember a thread where someone at Razbam said sounds were being troublesome since it’s hard to find audio sources, can’t remember the thread title but someone also posted a video with audio...

Agree that fuel pump pnuemo noises would be amazing

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Not sure I'm alone with this but, I'm not getting any "true" engine sounds from inside the cockpit. :(

Youtube videos from every other user seem to show same issue.

For those that have the MiG-19P module, try for example doing a quick "free flight" mission then, once in the air, increase and decrease throttle.... from inside the cockpit, there is no corresponding sound with increase/decrease of pitch accordingly.

I'm hopeful this'll get sorted, but I can't hide my disappointment in this specific area (audio).

I love this aircraft and, also because of that, I've chosen this to be my first hi-fi module (only had FC3 so far).

But with good sound being a necessity for me, to be immersed in the sim, this is kind of ruining it. Little but vital bits missing.

Even placing the same in-cockpit engine sounds from, say, the SU-25T, as a sort of placeholder(?) could be a solution.

Edited by LucShep
  • Thanks 1

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Let's face it most DCS jet engine sfx have an uncanny resemblance to a certain ' Briggs And Stratton' sound.

Unfortunately the MiG-19P is no different....it's a big pity,as it's DCS achilles heel.

Re the MiG-21,Burning Bridge's external sound MOD easily puts the default ones in the shade IMO,1st Class effort Sir.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Let's face it most DCS jet engine sfx have an uncanny resemblance to a certain ' Briggs And Stratton' sound.

Unfortunately the MiG-19P is no different....it's a big pity,as it's DCS achilles heel.

Yeah, sure. I agree jet engine sfx in some DCS aircraft can be kind of "poor" at times, but the problem here with the MiG-19P goes beyond that...

It's not just the matter of having the overall SFX "generic" (already disapointing in itself), it doesn't even feature internal (in-cockpit) engine sounds!

You get no audio feedback from what the engine throttle is doing (totally silent engines?), and that too breaks immersion. :cry:

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah the sounds are one thing that annoys me quite badly. I know that you intend to show the 19 a lot of love after the m2k and harrier have been finished later this year. With so few migs in what's meant to be the best simulator we need them to be as good as humanly possible. Please do the sounds when you start on the 19 again