Jettison Stores Switch? Anybody

Gladman

Just a shot in the dark. Does anybody have a line on a company selling the 5 position rotary jettison stores switch with push button (Hornet specific)? I can find rotary switches everywhere and have a working one but to get one with a button seems to be quite the task.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Ouch!!! Ah I'll probably do it anyway. Who am I kidding.

thanks very much for the link

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Uh, hang on, I think I saw a cheap alternative somewhere on this board...

This guy made such a switch from a regular rotary, a plastic bottle cap, and a regular momentary button. The momentary push button was hot glued into the bottle cap with a red plastic button surface. Then that assembly seemed to be glued or mounted onto the rotary button. Ingenious and dirt cheap!

I'll try to find it for you if I can...

Edit: I'm referring to a stores jettison like those found on Hornets and such

Edited by Rick50

Maybe try to find a source for "12mm switch rotary encoder with key switch L3I5"

These seem to be quite inexpensive, like around $6 for 12 such encoders. Unfortunately it was an ebay Australian and they don't ship to Alberta!

See here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215812

and: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10pcs-12mm-switch-rotary-encoder-with-key-switch-L3I5/192315940922?epid=1881244434&hash=item2cc6ec603a:g:y~sAAOSwb7NZyG6E

Uh, hang on, I think I saw a cheap alternative somewhere on this board...

This guy made such a switch from a regular rotary, a plastic bottle cap, and a regular momentary button. The momentary push button was hot glued into the bottle cap with a red plastic button surface. Then that assembly seemed to be glued or mounted onto the rotary button. Ingenious and dirt cheap!

I'll try to find it for you if I can...

Edit: I'm referring to a stores jettison like those found on Hornets and such

FOUND IT!!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192870

Gladman you may not be able to find an exact 5 position one, but push button rotary encoders can be found easily and pretty cheap,

https://www.mpja.com/mobile/Rotary-Encoder-with-Pushbutton-Switch/productinfo/30403%20SW/

Here's one for $2 didnt look too deep into how many positions it has or how much rotation each step would be

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Holy. Thanks gents. I'll take a look at all the options. Very excited to get this working.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I can upload the STLs for my solution if you want to take a shot at getting it 3d printed?

That would be awesome :thumbup:

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Blue73 that would be awesome. Thanks very much in advance.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet