Cockpit indicators for Salvo Mode & Launch Permission Override

Necc

There doesn't seem to be any switches in the cockpit (or on the gun sight) that indicate launch permission override or salvo mode are activated. Are these features even realistic for the Su-25 vanilla?

• 3 years later...

I was wondering the same and wanted to ask here but I've found this topic (sadly still unanswered). Does anyone know if it's possible to check in the cockpit if the salvo mode is currently selected?

Regarding the LA override, if I recall correctly, using it resulted in the in-range light (the right one on the HUD) to be visible again. But that does not seems to be the case now.

One of the problems with the FC3 modules is that, often, key commands were copied across all aircraft whether they were applicable or not.

The "Salvo Mode" (release all of the selected weapons at the same time) key command makes no sense in Su-25 because you select it through the Weapon System Control Panel. It's the "ЗАЛП" setting on the release mode switch. In other aircraft such as the Su-27, it used to be indicated on the HUD but that was removed eons ago.

"Launch Permission Override" is something of a misnomer. It actually should read "Manual Permission" because you are issuing the permission manually instead of allowing the system to determine when the parameters are met. I had never noticed it was available as a command in the Su-25. So... I really can't comment on whether it used to have an indication. If it still does and it's not a lamp lighting, a change in range, or something similar, then it'll be a switch. You'll need to look for a switch that moves to the "РУЧ" position, when you use the key command.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

nullnull

On 5/23/2022 at 4:55 PM, Ironhand said:

The "Salvo Mode" (release all of the selected weapons at the same time) key command makes no sense in Su-25 because you select it through the Weapon System Control Panel. It's the "ЗАЛП" setting on the release mode switch. In other aircraft such as the Su-27, it used to be indicated on the HUD but that was removed eons ago.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my issue with the salvo command in Su-25 is related to the unguided rockets. No matter what is selected on the WSCP it always fires them in 1 pair (outer pairs first, then inner pairs). Only if the "salvo" key command is used you can fire from all pylons at once, but there is no indication if this option is currently active or not.

If the left switch is in the "ЗАЛП" position it does not affect the unguided rockets deployment (I think it's related to bombs only). Personally I think the should be controlled by the right switch (ПО 2 = pair, ПО 4 = two pairs, ВСЕ = all stations / salvo ). No idea how this works IRL though.

Weirdly, the WCSP is not covered by the Su-25 manual EN (at least in my version), but there is a section on it in Su-25T manual EN (attached below).

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jascha said:

…I forgot to mention that my issue with the salvo command in Su-25 is related to the unguided rockets. No matter what is selected on the WSCP it always fires them in 1 pair (outer pairs first, then inner pairs). Only if the "salvo" key command is used you can fire from all pylons at once, but there is no indication if this option is currently active or not…

Ahh. Slowly comes the dawn. There may be some internal logic that controls the quantity/sequence for the firing of unguided rockets but it certainly seems like “All” should be an option. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get my hands on an Su-25 real world manual. 

Based on the Su-27’s PVI-10PE2 with it’s simpler A2G functionality, however, it seems like it would be an option:

The release of weapons upon ground targets is dependent on the Input and Display Panel-10PE2 (ПВИ-10ПЭ2) switch settings and the type of weapon selected as follows:

a) when set to the SINGLE position:

- the release of aerial bombs (АБ) occurs individually with each press of the P-trigger in sequence 9, 10, 2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 from the bomb mounts;

- the firing rockets from two symmetrical 80mm unguided rocket B-8M-1 (Б-8М-1) launchers occurs in volleys with a 0.8 sec interval, when you press and hold the P-trigger until the launchers are empty.

In order to fire the next two pods, the P-trigger must be released and, then, pressed again;

- 122mm unguided rockets B-13L (Б-13Л) are fired from their launcher pods in the same way as the 80mm rockets except that the interval is 0.16 sec;

- S-25 (С-25) rockets are fired one at a time with each press of the P-trigger.

b) when set to the PAIRS position:

- upon the first press of the P-trigger, four aerial bombs (АБ) are released at a fixed interval of 0.1 sec from stations 9, 10, 2, 1;

- on the second press, they are released in sequence from stations 3,4,3 (indicated on the PI-10P Weapon Status Panel by station 5), 4 (indicated by station 6);

- release of 88mm and 122mm () unguided rockets is identical to the SINGLE position;

- S-25 rockets are fired from two symmetrical stations with an interval of 0.16 sec with each press of the trigger;

c) when set to the SERIES position:

- all aerial bombs (АБ) are released according to the interval set on the PVI-10PE2 (ПВИ-10ПЭ2) when the P-trigger is pressed and held until all bombs are released from their suspension points in the sequence 9, 10, 2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6;

- the entire pod of B-8M-1 and B-13L rockets are fired, when you press and hold the P-trigger until all are fired;

- S-25s are all fired one at a time from their suspension point in the sequence 3, 4, 3 (indicated on the PI-10P as station 5), 4 (indicated as station 6), when you press and hold the P-trigger.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.