Integrated Air Defense System

ShalashakaDS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to hear any progress on this, I guess that summer has slowed things down, maybe for Christmas? :) :) :)

+1

This is pretty much my most wanted feature for DCS, besides the Dynamic Campaign!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sounds promising. One feature that should also be interesting would be the ability to use voice recognition or at least the ability to remove own pilot's voice in order to practice comms without needing to hear our virtual pilot's scripted comm and ultimately without using the standard comms menu.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds promising. One feature that should also be interesting would be the ability to use voice recognition or at least the ability to remove own pilot's voice in order to practice comms without needing to hear our virtual pilot's scripted comm and ultimately without using the standard comms menu.

But what does that has to do with IADS?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

But what does that has to do with IADS?

Presumably to talk to the GCI.

I already use voice attack for this purpose.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Confused why people aren't getting more excited about this, it's incredible news. That and the amazing SA-5 is really going to make interesting missions....

These things, to me, are the 'glue' that makes a solid sim. Glue ain't sexy though.

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

If you are a mission editor guy you have all the tools to create a decent smart air defense controlled by you in CA slot or even make the option to control a Sam site from your cockpit or viceversa giving orders to your flight units on the air. You have the tools in Mission Editor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This already exist, check Vaicom pro plugin for voice attack, its a wonderful piece of software for 9 dollars or similar. It will let you elimanate player voice and interact directly with the sim for any kind of comms eliminating the use of F-keys.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

If you are a mission editor guy you have all the tools to create a decent smart air defense controlled by you in CA slot or even make the option to control a Sam site from your cockpit or viceversa giving orders to your flight units on the air. You have the tools in Mission Editor.

If you're doing very simple missions, yes, you can do it but its a lot of work and is not user friendly.

DCS should do it by itself since its how SAMs operate in real life.

If you're doing very simple missions, yes, you can do it but its a lot of work and is not user friendly.

DCS should do it by itself since its how SAMs operate in real life.

I agree. We can’t order turn radar off for a specific unit of a group in CA actions, or even better direct the azimuth of a Sam to be ready for only tracking radar on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is great news. If well-implemented, it'll be tough to beat without proper coordination.

I hope though, that if the air defence environment is getting a buff, then the ECM on our aircraft is similarly improved. They don't really reflect real goings-on at the moment, in fact the whole electronic environment seems somewhat 'basic'.

An airborne EW platform (even AI) would be a big win. :thumbup:

This is great news. If well-implemented, it'll be tough to beat without proper coordination.

I hope though, that if the air defence environment is getting a buff, then the ECM on our aircraft is similarly improved. They don't really reflect real goings-on at the moment, in fact the whole electronic environment seems somewhat 'basic'.

An airborne EW platform (even AI) would be a big win. :thumbup:

Yeah, IADS and EW better modeling are really needed if DCS wants to call itself "modern combat simulator"

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Wow, I missed this piece of juicy news!

This is the best development announced yet. DCS needs this, far more than any module or gfx.

As others have said, ECM should start to play a bigger role as well, but all in all great, great news!

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Scared crapless.

But can't wait to try to kill them with a Shark :)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

it doesn't work nearly as well as you say. In the end it can only manipulate alert states which is a really trash way of turning SAMs on and off.

(it's not the scriptwriters' fault, it's just the support for actual control of SAMs via script is not great)

Good news to hear, but i am surprised many of you have not bothered with the very well made iads scripts that have been around for use for a good while.

Also, alot of us fly online, where those scripts aren't really implemented. Or implemented poorly.

They no workie

They no Workie? Mine workie just fine last night and about 30 minutes ago...Which one you using?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 weeks later...

For the people who were wondering why people weren't more excited about this: now you know.

Developing DCS takes a very. very long time; the timescales are much longer than other games. Why this is we can only speculate, but it means I rarely get excited for anything here anymore.

When ED shows a new feature in development like this, it is typically something that is still months or years out. I don't expect to see any of this for at least another six months, and wouldn't be surprised if it is pushed even further back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the people who were wondering why people weren't more excited about this: now you know.

Developing DCS takes a very. very long time; the timescales are much longer than other games. Why this is we can only speculate

The reasons for this are actually pretty simple: Really complicated tasks, by a rather small team with a rather small budget, compared to other games.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The reasons for this are actually pretty simple: Really complicated tasks, by a rather small team with a rather small budget, compared to other games.

Indeed.

If only ED had the budget of more well known AAA games with the same manpower to scale (i mean a relatively simple game like your average Call of Duty has something like 350 developers working on it)...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850