3d migoto VR mod for DCS: help requested to finalize work

lefuneste01

Hello, some of you may know my 3dmigoto mod for il2 BoS, it introduce features by modifying shaders used to compute and display frames.

I made the same for DCS world, providing the following features:

• label masking by cockpit frame
  • lightening of cockpit colors
  • 3 level of instantaneous zoom with a kind of binocular view look
  • fix that allow the use of build in VR zoom without parallel projection for Pimax 5k+/8k

All features have user defined settings and can be toggled on/off by keys press or config files.

Unfortunately, unlike Il2 BoS, DCS use a LOT of shader and so makes things far more painfull. Most planes have specific shaders. Maybe it will be the case for maps. On top of that, kegetys shader mod is a must have but modify a lot of shader, so work must be done two time.

Like in Il2 BoS mod, zoom convergence must be set up for each VR helmet family. As I have only a Pimax 5k+, the provided user files will not work by default for other helmet...

I wont have yet too much time for testing, so can some good willing people help in this thread to:

• test the mod and report the problem ?
    in case of problem, could you provide an explanation and a track ?
  • confirm that unsupported yet planes/maps have lacks (or not if all shaders are used by other planes or maps, by miracle) ?
  • in case of good hlsl programming knowledge, help to fix some tricky things like shadows ?
  • confirm which graphics settingsare comliant with the mod
  • give fps impact
  • At the end, prove that default VR zoom can be far better and then make devs move to improve the build in zoom

I did only make light testings. Current identifyied problems are :

• wrong shadow in cockpit when zooming
  • light effect disabled on ground and sea when zooming (I am not sure of the side effect that may induce)
  • Flir/dmt/tgp display scaled up two time when zooming
  • mouse not usable in cockpit with mod zoom (but works fine with build in zoom and parallel proj. fix)

The last version of the mod is here : http://www.mediafire.com/file/02s4mw37mdgd71s/3DmigotoDCS_VR_1.5.zip/file

It can be installed with JSGME, otherwise unzip it in the DCS install dir. At the end, you should have d3dx.ini, the dll and directories in the same dir than dcs.exe.

You will have to set convergence for your IPD ans helmet but that's very easy to do know, see below.

I tested label filtering for all the plane I have: A10C, Av8b, fc3 planes, fw 190, ka 50, mi8, mig 21, sa342, uh-1h, mostly for caucasus and a little bit for nevada, and mostly with the kegetys mod.

Different kind of problem may be found:

• Easy to fix : label not masked : plane shader must be added in config file
  • Easy to fix if I can reproduce: parts of the display moving around when zoomed : some shader used by the plane/map/object/effect have to be processed to include zoom features
  • May be very complex to fix : effect broken by zoom

The following customisation can be done by modifying files in user_config directory:

• deactivate label filtering by setting $labelMaskFlag to 0 instead of 1 in "user_var_initialization.ini"
  • change cockpit default brightness by modifying $cockpitColorAdd and $cockpitColorMul in "user_var_initialization.ini". New color component (rgb) = orig. color component (rgb)* $cockpitColorMul + $cockpitColorAdd .values should range from 0 to 1.
  • Define cockpit brightness increase toggle by modifying the same variable in user_keymapping.ini. The idea is to be able to have permanent color change in user_var_initialization.ini or toggled change in user_keymapping.ini. The key to change brightness is Shift +F1 and can be changed in the .ini file. Two values are to be provided for each variable : first for the activated function and second for unactivated function (should be the same as default value).

It is now very easy to set convergence for zoom :

• press and maintain the zoom key you want to set: INS or HOME or PAGE UP for modded zoom or NUMPAD* for DCS world VR zoom (you must have mapped this key in DCS for the VR zoom)
  • Target an object far for modded zoom or a MFD for DCS zoom
  • multiple press either END or PAGEDOWN key to increase or lower the convergence untill you find the right setting.
  • Once happy with the setting, release zoom key and press F10, it will be saved.

You can also modify / disable binocular like mask by using the same process and DELETE key.

The graphic settings I used are here

Here are screenshots (VR left eye only) of label masking, no zoom, 2x zoom mod, 5x zoom mod and 10x zoom mod. In the Helmet the black outside part is nearly visible.

Screen_190426_145426.thumb.jpg.ae1ade93cc9a8e2ad03116aaedb9a35c.jpg

Screen_190430_232706.thumb.png.31671de5ea43fe34f7c70a3d5bdc4555.png

Screen_190430_232952.thumb.jpg.d938a9650a412dd8ceef06b9d52efad6.jpg

Screen_190430_232958.thumb.jpg.9455bc5a7dbaf1232b433f9f63d0f451.jpg

Screen_190430_233003.thumb.jpg.7a0e7c35f16188f311e41646ba47021c.jpg

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Yop merci lefuneste pour ton aide !

je vais tacher de tester celà ! mais je vais relire tout ça car c'est un peu hard pour les néophyte ? .

Par contre avec le shaders mod (même lite j'ai les arbres tout noir ) ... c'est assez dérangeant .

Edited by Postal2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

== http://www.3rd-wing.net ==

Extremmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yop, ok I did two three test !! It's pretty good! .

the default zoom without PP works just stops at the limit of the squeeze. Otherwise I find it a bit too important!

can you tell me how to modify it to have a nicer fit and there is everything in reading 4k ^^.

Thank you .

là j'ai test sur le caucase je ferai des test sur nevada et Gp aprés .

my seyttings !

PP:off évidement

FFR off

smart smooth on

FOV :large

render quality 2.0

pd dcs 1.5

SS steam 40%

si besoin je pourrai te filer mes settings DCS .

Otherwise on the map on the water no worries.

Ps I remove the mod shader too long to load and especially black trees! ...

Thank you .

Edited by Postal2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

== http://www.3rd-wing.net ==

Extremmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

The config file provided is for low FoV by default, another one is provided for Medium foV but must be renamed (as written above: user_keymapping_zoom.ini.Pimax5KMedFov must be renamed to user_keymapping_zoom.ini).

As you used large FoV, this in quite normal that you have eyestrain.

You should have the same problem with the added zoom features, did you try them (key PRIOR, HOME, INS) ?

So you may at first try to go to low or med Fov to make tests with provided config files, then try to define new settings for high Fov. I forgot to explain how to modify convergence in user_keymapping_zoom.ini, I will update the first post...

I had black tree with kegetys mod only once, because I did not follow the installation process. Once the right dirs are renamed (for the one in mods/terrain) or purged (in the user savegame DCS directory) it works without problems, I installed it more than 5 times for my testings. I win more than 10 fps with this mod, so it is worth to spend time...

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Hello,

Here is the user_keymapping_zoom.ini file for pimax5KHig Fov. I did not though that people where using the wide FoV.

You'll only have to rename it and put it in the "user_settings" directory.

Regarding the kegetys shader mod. It is quite simple to install it :

• uninstall mods and do a "repair DCS" by using your eagle dynamics entry in start menu. Select suppress file if asked.
  • as written in the readme, rename all DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\*\misc\metacache\dcs to dcs.old
  • suppress c:\user\[yourID]\saved game\DCS.openbeta\fxo and c:\user\[yourID]\saved game\DCS.openbeta\metashaders2
  • Install the mod again.

You should no more have black tree problem, at least with my graphics options.

user_keymapping_zoom.ini.Pimax5KHighFov.zip

Hi lefenuste,

had yesterday the chance for a first look in DCS with your mod.

Only took a flight of 10 minutes with the Huey and Tomcat each, but with both have measured an improved to performance about 20% in frametime. Very good improvement.

On this first glance everythings looks very good, maybe even better as unmodded. The panel backlight in the Tomcat appeared more restrained in VR, which is also good. But need more long time testing with different scenarios to tell more. But the perfromace improvement is right there.

Not came to test the VR zoom yet - looked quite comcplicated and don´t know, if I can map the VR zoom to my HOTAS.

In regular, I actually try to avoid installing mods, which reconfigures the graphics engine, cause I´m always afraid, that the mods will break common original graphics features of DCS, while improving particular graphical features.

Your graphics mod is the first I ever installed ( beside cockpit mods, sound mods, etc. you could download from the DCS main page ).

Also there are worries, how things go with the mod, when there are updates to the graphics engine by ED or graphical updates to the cockpits by the developer, but we´ll see ...

In anyway a big thanks to you, also for the user_keymapping_zoom.ini for large FOV. Will try it out and talk about it here.

It may be interesting to split the mod into 2: one for the graphical/ performance improvement and one to fix the VR zoom issue with large FOV only.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Yeahhhhh Sir Lefuneste :smilewink:

Good job and same big work with this mod :thumbup::thumbup:

Marvellous :thumbup:

Aplushhhsss

VR:I7 5930k@4,3Ghz/32Go-Gskill-DDR4/GTX 1080TI/SSD Samsung860 1TOEvo|TRIPLE ÉCRAN 4K 50P Panasonic AX800E-60hz/I7 6700K@5Ghz/SLI TITAN X "PASCAL/SSD Samsung 860 1TOEvo/32 GO-Gskill-DDR4/OCULUS RIFT CV1+PIMAX 5k+/HOTAS-WARTHOG/HOTAS-T50 VIRPL/PALO MFG/Volant Thrustmaster TS-PC RACER/Volant F1 Modder "SLI MAXMANAGER 3." "ROSO FERRARI" /Pédalier Thrustmaster T3PO Pro modder"RICMOTECH" Puce Loadcell 90Kg .

Hi lefenuste,

had yesterday the chance for a first look in DCS with your mod.

Only took a flight of 10 minutes with the Huey and Tomcat each, but with both have measured an improved to performance about 20% in frametime. Very good improvement.

On this first glance everythings looks very good, maybe even better as unmodded. The panel backlight in the Tomcat appeared more restrained in VR, which is also good. But need more long time testing with different scenarios to tell more. But the perfromace improvement is right there.

Not came to test the VR zoom yet - looked quite comcplicated and don´t know, if I can map the VR zoom to my HOTAS.

In regular, I actually try to avoid installing mods, which reconfigures the graphics engine, cause I´m always afraid, that the mods will break common original graphics features of DCS, while improving particular graphical features.

Your graphics mod is the first I ever installed ( beside cockpit mods, sound mods, etc. you could download from the DCS main page ).

Also there are worries, how things go with the mod, when there are updates to the graphics engine by ED or graphical updates to the cockpits by the developer, but we´ll see ...

In anyway a big thanks to you, also for the user_keymapping_zoom.ini for large FOV. Will try it out and talk about it here.

It may be interesting to split the mod into 2: one for the graphical/ performance improvement and one to fix the VR zoom issue with large FOV only.

Well performance improvement are unexpected, because normally there should be a small overhead due to 3dmigoto lib loading and additional code added to shaders. There should be a gain only by disabling Pimax PP...The only other explanation is that some shaders I provided may lbeinked to graphical option I used, that may be lower than yours...But if you do not see any drawbacks that's ok.

There is no hard link between the mod and DCS. When some updates will occured (soon I think) the shaders that will change or be new will obviously not be included in the existing mod, so effect of the mod (of the mod only) will be broken: that is mod zoom function will only zoom part of the images, icon may not be masked,...

So you will have to wait a new version of the mod. But all vanilla functions of DCS will be OK.

As you have the F14 and the Huey, could you try with them label masking, cockpit enlighting (shift +F1) and mod zoom ? Things should be ok for huey but you may have "holes" for F14.

Edited by lefuneste01

Well performance improvement are unexpected, because normally there should be a small overhead due to 3dmigoto lib loading and additional code added to shaders. There should be a gain only by disabling Pimax PP...The only other explanation is that some shaders I provided may lbeinked to graphical option I used, that may be lower than yours...But if you do not see any drawbacks that's ok.

There is no hard link between the mod and DCS. When some updates will occured (soon I think) the shaders that will change or be new will obviously not be included in the existing mod, so effect of the mod (of the mod only) will be broken: that is mod zoom function will only zoom part of the images, icon may not be masked,...

So you will have to wait a new version of the mod. But all vanilla functions of DCS will be OK.

As you have the F14 and the Huey, could you try with them label masking, cockpit enlighting (shift +F1) and mod zoom ? Things should be ok for huey but you may have "holes" for F14.

Unexpected performance improvement? Didn´t you mentioned before, that you get plus 10fps with the mod (...)?

I could have get average 4ms plus in frametime with the mod, which is great.

What exactly is meant by ´label masking´?

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Unexpected performance improvement? Didn´t you mentioned before, that you get plus 10fps with the mod (...)?

I could have get average 4ms plus in frametime with the mod, which is great.

What exactly is meant by ´label masking´?

With the kegetys mod, not the 3dmigoto mod.... Have a look at the picture of the huey I added in the first post to see what I mean by label masking. A label is partially hidden (masked) by cockpit frame.

Hi lefenuste,

a quick feedback on the mod:

It´s now a bit difficult to give you feedback, as the effort to fix the VR zoom with Large FOV headset is more than appreciated and there is also much respect on your work and ability.

The convergence with the (VR-) zoom with Pimax Large FOV mode is not right at the moment, as it shows a different image on the right eye right side of approx 1/4 of the zoomed in picture.

I did use the user_keymapping.ini you´ve provided for the Pimax large FOV.

But a mayor issue with the (VR-)zoom was for me, that it instantly shows a zoomed in picture and that you need different keybindings for each zoom-level.

With regard to keybindings, it is a quite important issue, cause the buttons on the HOTAS are already very limited and it didn´t work to spend 4 buttons on the HOTAS only for zoom.

More important than the keybinding is, that the zoom-levels show instantly. I didn´t thought, while reading your description, on how the zoom mod works, that especially this circumstance became an important issue in practice with the mod and you may say, that the result in zooming with the mod function is the same as the original DCS zoom.

Zooming in in steps feels not as natural as zooming in with an analogue transition through the 3-dimensional space, like everyone is used to with zooming in with cameras for instance. Also it could make you feel disorientated zooming in with steps compared to the original smooth transition due to zoom with the original DCS zoom, which feels much more natural and practical.

Mostly I need the VR zoom to read the detailed information on the HSI in the Tomcat or the MFCDs in the Harrier or the smaller gauges and button labeling and positions in every cockpit.

Hopefully DCS developer could fix the broken VR zoom with Large FOV VR HMDs, as it feels that there is only needed some adjustment with the VR zoom not an entirely different zoom function.

With regard to the cockpit lighting, I´ve mentioned before, that with the mod, it looks like restrained illumination of the panel background lighting with the mod - maybe I came to the statement because of good and positive will to support the mod and looking happily forward to an expectation of improvement, but lastly, when I removed the mod files and stepped back into the cockpit, the panel background lighting appeared pretty much the same to me as with the mod installed.

Never felt a need to adjust the cockpit lighting, as was not broken and if so, I used to adjust by Gamma settings in the DCS system menu or brightness with the Pitool settings. Same for the label masking, never felt the need for a fix on it, as the label masking is fine with unmodded DCS.

When flying over a city at night, I could have observed flickering stripes of light on the ground with the mod, where are light of houses and street lamps, which appeared as well on the right eye, right side of large FOV. I think it appeared because of a general convergence issue with large FOV.

Please don´t feel demotivated by my findings, but I´m actually looking to give constructive critique back. In anyway une grande merci beaucoup pour toi for having a look inside the VR zoom issue we are facing with the Pimax.

Please don´t hesitate to put out a more elaborated stage of your mod to more meet the users expectations on the mod.

Edited by - Voight -

Hi lefenuste,

a quick feedback on the mod:

It´s now a bit difficult to give you feedback, as the effort to fix the VR zoom with Large FOV headset is more than appreciated and there is also much respect on your work and ability.

The convergence with the (VR-) zoom with Pimax Large FOV mode is not right at the moment, as it shows a different image on the right eye right side of approx 1/4 of the zoomed in picture.

I did use the user_keymapping.ini you´ve provided for the Pimax large FOV.

But a mayor issue with the (VR-)zoom was for me, that it instantly shows a zoomed in picture and that you need different keybindings for each zoom-level.

With regard to keybindings, it is a quite important issue, cause the buttons on the HOTAS are already very limited and it didn´t work to spend 4 buttons on the HOTAS only for zoom.

More important than the keybinding is, that the zoom-levels show instantly. I didn´t thought, while reading your description, on how the zoom mod works, that especially this circumstance became an important issue in practice with the mod and you may say, that the result in zooming with the mod function is the same as the original DCS zoom.

Zooming in in steps feels not as natural as zooming in with an analogue transition through the 3-dimensional space, like everyone is used to with zooming in with cameras for instance. Also it could make you feel disorientated zooming in with steps compared to the original smooth transition due to zoom with the original DCS zoom, which feels much more natural and practical.

Mostly I need the VR zoom to read the detailed information on the HSI in the Tomcat or the MFCDs in the Harrier or the smaller gauges and button labeling and positions in every cockpit.

Hopefully DCS developer could fix the broken VR zoom with Large FOV VR HMDs, as it feels that there is only needed some adjustment with the VR zoom not an entirely different zoom function.

With regard to the cockpit lighting, I´ve mentioned before, that with the mod, it looks like restrained illumination of the panel background lighting with the mod - maybe I came to the statement because of good and positive will to support the mod and looking happily forward to an expectation of improvement, but lastly, when I removed the mod files and stepped back into the cockpit, the panel background lighting appeared pretty much the same to me as with the mod installed.

Never felt a need to adjust the cockpit lighting, as was not broken and if so, I used to adjust by Gamma settings in the DCS system menu or brightness with the Pitool settings. Same for the label masking, never felt the need for a fix on it, as the label masking is fine with unmodded DCS.

When flying over a city at night, I could have observed flickering stripes of light on the ground with the mod, where are light of houses and street lamps, which appeared as well on the right eye, right side of large FOV. I think it appeared because of a general convergence issue with large FOV.

Please don´t feel demotivated by my findings, but I´m actually looking to give constructive critique back. In anyway une grande merci beaucoup pour toi for having a look inside the VR zoom issue we are facing with the Pimax.

Please don´t hesitate to put out a more elaborated stage of your mod to more meet the users expectations on the mod.

Thanks for your feedback. That's what I need.

Maybe the convergence settings are linked to the usage of kegetys mod...I will check.

And you can only keep one extra zoom setting for your taste : you can choose any zoom factor and bind it to a key.

Regarding the mod zoom speed : this is very personal because I find the DCS vanilla zoom very nauseating. It introduce a false moove feeling. But maybe it should be possible to use 3dmigoto features to make it more like in game, for people who want it.

Otherwise, did you try the PP fix ? You just have to bind the DCS build in VR ZOOM key to MUNPAD* and use this key.

I should have precise that the mod zoom are not intended to look inside cockpit (the vanilla zoom is good for that, dispite the zoom speed) but to look outside to search and identify targets. But yes, it does not zoom well light and shadow effetcs, and I fear that I will not be able to fix that. I even did not find where shadows are computed.

Most important thing : the mod should not change anything to default display. There may be glitches only when using new zoom features. Did you have the problem of flickering light only when zooming or even in standard view ?

How did you manage to have label masked by cockpit frame with default DCS ? My brain can not stand to have these infinite collimated far things displayed in front of my near dashboard...Is there an option I missed in the config ?

The mod is not targeted only for the Pimax 5K/8K. With the 4K I had before, some cockpit was far too dark and increasing brighntess or contrast to have them right make outside too clear...

Kegetys´ mod I don´t use.

You´re right, choosing between different zoom factors adds something to the setup.

In my observation, the zoom speed depends on the frametime, the lower and better the frametime is, the faster and smoother the speed of the zoom is. The nausea effect while zooming results of not optimized performance of the system. Maybe zooming is kind of stresstest for VR nausea effect. In anyway I wouldn´t like to miss this zoom effect - it´s a great feature for VR.

Another advantage, more in practice than theoretically, with the zoom speed is, that you could keep focus and concentration to the poitn you´re looking at - it really feels better to me, than an instantly change to a zoomed in picture.

Parallel Projection I don´t use. As I understood, it is only meant for VR games, which does not support the regular way the Pimax works. DCS does support the Pimax really well; surely there are issues, like the VR zoom with the Pimax at the moment, but it is like some cockpit functions , which became buggy through the weekly patches.

As far as I could have read, Parallel Projection in the Pimax, will push the performance significally down, what should be avoided in any case.

The introduced flickering light stripes at night of lightend areas on the ground were observe by a regular glance out of the cockpit, not while zooming.

I didn´t had a look yet to the label masked thing. Actually I avoid labels in the cockpit as far as it can, but for the Doorgunners in the Huey, I have mapped a key to activate the setup label for the doorgunners and deactivate it, once the setup is done. Will have a look on its appearance on my system with the mod next time.

Edited by - Voight -

I haven't tried the mod, but will let you know my impressions after I get the chance.

However, one thing I would like to suggest to add (if possible) is to add an AXIS for zooming and allow set max zoom for it. Then I could assign a slider on my throttle to zoom level which I imagine would be very convenient to use.

I haven't tried the mod, but will let you know my impressions after I get the chance.

However, one thing I would like to suggest to add (if possible) is to add an AXIS for zooming and allow set max zoom for it. Then I could assign a slider on my throttle to zoom level which I imagine would be very convenient to use.

Unfortunately this is not possible, only key and xbox contrôler button can be used by 3dmigoto. I found a far better way of setting convergence, I will post a new version today, I hope. Anybody should be able to set its zoom settings in few seconds.

The 1.4 version of the mod is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x7mk87h9fpr62no/3DmigotoDCS_VR_1.4.zip/file

What's new ?

It is now very easy to set convergence for zoom :

• press and maintain the zoom key you want to set: INS or HOME or PAGE UP for modded zoom or NUMPAD* for DCS world VR zoom (you must have mapped this key in DCS for the VR zoom)
  • Target an object far for modded zoom or a MFD for DCS zoom
  • multiple press either END or PAGEDOWN key to increase or lower the convergence untill you find the right setting.
  • Once happy with the setting, press F10, it will be saved.

Same process for the aims displayed at the center of the zoom but the key to modify convergence are ALT + END and ALT + PAGEDOWN.

Once convergence right, you may replace users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini by users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini.zoomOnly (rename user_keymapping_zoom.ini.zoomOnly in user_keymapping_zoom.ini)

I also fixed some bugs when zooming : smoke markers and ground light are OK now (at least with Kegetys mod).

Only shadow and illumination are KO, but I can not find where to modify the computation...

EDIT : it looks like that there were some graphics bugs without the Kegetys mod, I updated the post with a fixed version. It should be ok now. Thanks for your feedback

Edited by lefuneste01

I tried the mod with Pimax 8K. Adjusting the zoom convergence and saving it went fine. To remove the masks I tried setting to 0.1 as instructions, but they were still there for some reason, so I just edited the mask jpg files instead.

I was able to use my throttle software to bind the slider on my throttle so that as I slide it further it toggles to higher zoom. So the end result is very nice as I can quickly zoom to different levels.

I have tried using it for bombing tanks from F/A-18C and it is wonderful! ... I can finally see what I am bombing.

However, there are some strange graphics rendering such as the tracers when firing the gun and explosions seem 'stuck' to the screen. I am not using Kegetys mod by the way.

I did download the latest version from the post above this one.

(I did try Kegetys mod afterwards, but got black trees ... I didn't follow all installation instructions it seems .. might try it again later.)

I tried the mod with Pimax 8K. Adjusting the zoom convergence and saving it went fine. To remove the masks I tried setting to 0.1 as instructions, but they were still there for some reason, so I just edited the mask jpg files instead.

I was able to use my throttle software to bind the slider on my throttle so that as I slide it further it toggles to higher zoom. So the end result is very nice as I can quickly zoom to different levels.

I have tried using it for bombing tanks from F/A-18C and it is wonderful! ... I can finally see what I am bombing.

However, there are some strange graphics rendering such as the tracers when firing the gun and explosions seem 'stuck' to the screen. I am not using Kegetys mod by the way.

I did download the latest version from the post above this one.

(I did try Kegetys mod afterwards, but got black trees ... I didn't follow all installation instructions it seems .. might try it again later.)

Fine !

As I wrote, there may be still some shader to fix. I did not have the time to check all use cases...Can you make and post a track (but not with the F/A-18C because I did not have it) showing the problems to help me to fix them ?

By the way I discovered that menu text and help tooltips were hidden as labels by cockpit frame. I fixed that (not by the most robust way, but it works), it will be included in the next version.

Edited by lefuneste01

New 1.5 version that fix convergence problems without kegetys mod, gun tracer, rockets smoke, water on low and med settings and other small things.

"Binocular like" mask can be turned off/on using the DELETE key (on the block with page up/page down key), and setting savedby F10 key as for convergence.

It may works with PG and Normandy.

If you notice a problem, please post a track with a common plane.

It is here : http://www.mediafire.com/file/02s4mw37mdgd71s/3DmigotoDCS_VR_1.5.zip/file

Edited by lefuneste01

Thanks a lot, this makes DCS much more playable on my Pimax 5K. Only problem I noticed is that when you activate the zoom, the area just around the horizon looks strange, as if the sea can be seen through the landscape. It's a bit difficult to explain, and doesn't bother me much, because usually the things I want to zoom in on aren't at the horizon anyway :)

I mapped the 'Home' key to my joystick using Autohotkey and the below macro. One click on button two turns zoom on, the next click on button two turns it off.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

Joy2::
KeyWait, Joy2, D
KeyWait, Joy2
Send {Home down}  
KeyWait, Joy2, D
KeyWait, Joy2
Send {Home up} 
return

New 1.6 version here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5texzyu4kswc7v6/3DmigotoDCS_VR_1.6.zip/file

It should solve most of remaining "floating" parts. Only illumination and haze problems remains, but I do not know how these effects are made and it's minor from my point of view, as this mod is made to look "outside" and not in the cockpit.

Zoom view can be shifted up and down by LSHIFT + END or LSHIFT and PAGEDOWN and saved as previous functions.

If test are OK I will move this version to the "mod" thread, it is stable anough, now.

Edited by lefuneste01

Only problem I noticed is that when you activate the zoom, the area just around the horizon looks strange, as if the sea can be seen through the landscape.

I see the problem, if you still have it with the last version can you post a track and your graphics settings ?

• 2 weeks later...

I had some time to make more testings and fix more things. I have now a stable version, so I moved the thread for the mod here : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3931947#post3931947