Standalone Mission Editor.

Hunter Joker

After the great standalone server why not develop a standalone Mission Editor? For people like me that love doing full session of mission editing could be a great improvement editing for example during lunch time @work on my laptop or in the evening, on the sofa with the family watching the tv. There must be no need to have the game to test the missions, only editing. There are some times that the need to start the game pc only to edit a mission made me give up... Pls ED, there are already tools that made missions to test then ingame, I think that technically it will be simple to implement.

Forgive my bad English, I hope that I made me understandable.

Bye.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

The thing is, very often during mission editing, you need to jump into the game to check how your mission is doing with this object or this trigger, sound or script. So having a standalone ME has a quite limited interest. Note that DCS and the ME is running on a Surface Pro 2 tablet, but when you launch the game, even in the lowest settings, the textures are not loading well and a lot of them are black. But you can still edit a mission nonetheless.

The thing is, very often during mission editing, you need to jump into the game to check how your mission is doing with this object or this trigger, sound or script. So having a standalone ME has a quite limited interest. Note that DCS and the ME is running on a Surface Pro 2 tablet, but when you launch the game, even in the lowest settings, the textures are not loading well and a lot of them are black. But you can still edit a mission nonetheless.

I totally agree. while this is a good idea in theory - i do believe most mission designers will need to jump in and out of the mission for testing. I do this constantly when working on missions to make sure no errors are popping up. One of the worst things you can do is develop without testing :doh: (i've learned the hard way - from experience)

Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

I think it would benefit people who are often away from home with only a simple laptop and have free time to do some simple mission editing. Obviously not a replacement for the full thing as per reasons mentioned above but a very useful tool for me.

So +1.

I think it would benefit people who are often away from home with only a simple laptop and have free time to do some simple mission editing. Obviously not a replacement for the full thing as per reasons mentioned above but a very useful tool for me.

So +1.

Exactly...

After the great standalone server why not develop a standalone Mission Editor? For people like me that love doing full session of mission editing could be a great improvement editing for example during lunch time @work on my laptop or in the evening, on the sofa with the family watching the tv. There must be no need to have the game to test the missions, only editing. There are some times that the need to start the game pc only to edit a mission made me give up... Pls ED, there are already tools that made missions to test then ingame, I think that technically it will be simple to implement.

Forgive my bad English, I hope that I made me understandable.

Bye.

https://hq4dcs.com/

I found this tool handy for making a basic mission outside of DCS. Then I use the mission editor while DCS is running and edit to suit my liking.

I know its not quite what you had in mind but a very handy tool for making a basic mission with some of the basics already done.

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;