Jester Ejecting Pilot.

Swordfish

Can this PLEASE be taken away? There is not reason to have jester ejecting both crew members. I even have it turned off- so maybe it is bugged, however Jester ejects for nothing. Both engines going, about to land "shit": Eject. WTF. I don't see why AI should ever have the ability to eject the pilot.

I even have it turned off- so maybe it is bugged,

What do you have turned off? It might work opposite of what you think, because I didnt turn anything on or off regarding ejection, and my Jester has ejected countless times, but all by himself.

Rio control over both seats was a historical feature of the aircraft. Don’t like it? Don’t use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No shit. In history Jester AI didn't control the RIO pit either.

You can turn Ejection on and off with the jester menu, either setting has led to him ejecting both seats. I dont mind if I'm plummeting to the ground, but when I'm on finals with a damaged yet controllable jet, its a bit annoying

This is weird. Ive had jester eject perhaps 10x on me now, never once did I get ejected.

What am I or you doing different? FWIW

- I almost always manually do the start up procedure (no win+home) and from the pilot seat

- I pretty much never sit in the RIO seat

- I never used jester menu to change anything about ejecting

This is weird. Ive had jester eject perhaps 10x on me now, never once did I get ejected.

bleh bleh bleh

Yea, Jester always ejected himself, leaving me flying the cat home alone. :lol:

Edit: May be HB should add a line when he did so: I'm done with you, BYE~

Well it is a feature of the real Tomcat and my understanding was that in some situations the pilot would be dependent on the RIO for ejection as the forces in some departures would prevent the pilot reaching the ejection handles.

For those that have their pilots ejected; could you do a quick test? Fly offline, put the cat in a flat spin and let it spin in to the ground. On my system, Jester will eject briefly before impacting, but he will let me suffer my well deserved fate. Does he eject you?

...hmmm thinking about, if it's possible to join a Multiplayer Server filled with Tomcats, joining each as Rio to pull Eject :D :D :D

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB DDR4-3600 MHz, Gigabyte Aorus Pro-P B550M, Zotac RTX 3090, Varjo Aero

What am I or you doing different? FWIW

- I almost always manually do the start up procedure (no win+home) and from the pilot seat

- I pretty much never sit in the RIO seat

- I never used jester menu to change anything about ejecting

There's a handle in the back seat to select weather the RIO ejects just himself, or pilot as well when the RIO pulls his handle. At startup, the selector is on 'Pilot', meaning the pilot has command of his seat, and will not be ejected if the RIO ejects.

Two ways to change that to "Eject Both" (NOTE: The AI's not stellar in this regard. I've decided against allowing AI RIO seat control after getting kicked out of perfectly good airplanes by Jester more than once.):

1. In the Jester Menu ('A' key), select any hashed area to bring up the next menu, upper left ( 8 ) "Crew Contract", Right (3) "Set Eject Both"

2. In the back seat, on the left (press '2' to get there, and '1' again to return to the pilot's seat). just below the canopy rail is a large yellow and black striped round "tubular" handle, angled almost horizontally, say 75ish degrees. To the left of it is labeled 'EJECT CMD'. Slid forward (toward 'Pilot'), the pilot will have to eject himself (ejection command for the front seat given from the front seat). Slid backward (toward 'MCO'), if the RIO ejects, both will be ejected (ejection command for the front seat given from the back seat).

Edited by KiraTheCat