A sim that has outlived so many sims

It started years ago. I can't even remmember how I came into a posession of Lockon: Modern Air Combat, but once I started playing it, it became quite an experience. An adventure. More then a game. A habbit. A passion. It was pretty buggy, framerates were poor, it used to crash a lot. Quite often I would find myself quitting the whole thing. But then, after I'd cool down, I'd go back to it.

And this was before I discovered the other side of the coin which is something even more interesting: people. Community. A fammily.

Some would call us bunch of simmer geeks, some would call us just..geeks.

Some would say I'm being too sentimental right now. Maybe I am, but, why not?

Here we are. After years have passed, we're still here talking about it, forums more crowded then ever. Every day new people sign in.

For a sim, this is a tremendous success. Are we all aware of this?

We used to compare, (and still do) Lockon with Falcon 4.0, which one is better in this or that. There's no point doing it. We have two giants, still marching the road. And they still are, more appealing then ever. Attracting new people into community.

The story goes like this:

"In the begining, there was a programmer geek. And he said: Let it be the sim! Soon after, few other geeks joined in. The rest, is history."

(bows to the crowd) :D

• Like 4

Nice one mate!

For me I have to say that it's my Squadron which finally kept me doing all this stuff for lots of years now! Some of them became even really good friends which is the most amazing thing. So I take this thread to say "thank you guys" once more!

Not to forget all the great guys from the other squads. You made the online-experience great fun and a often a real challenge. Thank you too!

And ED: You guys know what you did for all of us!!

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Well Stated M8 - Good Read That. Also has to be said that I agree 100% with your sentiments :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

We used to compare, (and still do) Lockon with Falcon 4.0, which one is better in this or that. There's no point doing it. We have two giants, still marching the road. And they still are, more appealing then ever. Attracting new people into community.

I have not heard this so clearly until now...It is said!

S!

Yep, a great Community. I'm off to the US soon for a holiday. Gonna meet up with a few folks from the Lockon Community for beers, that'll be a good laugh.

I'll be sure and make a new thread before I go and post up some pics while I'm over there....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....