jsow

ebabil

As per last mini update, this thing is in internel test. So it can be released soon.

Soo, how can we deploy this missile? entering coordinates? Can TGP be used for it?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Glide bomb*

Same way (more or less) you would employ a JDAM, but from further away. It's a GPS/INS standoff weapon and would generally be used against pre-planed targets with coordinates known and entered in advance. In theory I'm sure you could use a pod to designate a target for it, but your bomb is going to out-range your ability to ID a target, even with the pod so you'd be better served with a regular JDAM for that type of thing I'd expect.

Will we get all of those weapons?

- AGM-154A (baseline JSOW)

- AGM-154B (anti-armor)

- AGM-154C (unitary variant)

As per Wags post a while back we will receive the A and C variation.

The A variant works as a long range cluster munition for anti armour/personnel capabilities; useful for destroying static groups of units such as SAM sites or Farps.

The C variant has a Hardened penetrator Warhead with IR guidance; Useful against static hardened targets such as Ammo Deports or Hardened Buildings- I'll personally try to use them for anti-Runway if I can get them to do that.

The B variant, as stated above, was never actually produced and thus no plans have been announced to add it into our arsenal

JSOW has more settings and route points

And being able to release from 130km away at altitude should give a nice complement to HARMs in the SEAD role against some of the tougher nuts to crack like the SA-10.

Even at low altitude the range is about 20km.

All assuming this is how they model it in DCS. Getting some real stand off capability to the F/A-18 should greatly improve its survivability. (At least until the SA-5 hits and approaching that range at altitude becomes hazardous again... then we need the SLAM-ER).

And being able to release from 130km away at altitude should give a nice complement to HARMs in the SEAD role against some of the tougher nuts to crack like the SA-10.

Even at low altitude the range is about 20km.

All assuming this is how they model it in DCS. Getting some real stand off capability to the F/A-18 should greatly improve its survivability. (At least until the SA-5 hits and approaching that range at altitude becomes hazardous again... then we need the SLAM-ER).

Think it'll depend on if ED simulate it like a bomb (which don't get intercepted by SAMs) or like a missile (which do get intercepted). If it's treated like a missile, then it's going to be a fairly easy target for a SA-10 (or protective SA-15s) to engage as it'll be moving very slowly by the time it reaches the target.

Think it'll depend on if ED simulate it like a bomb (which don't get intercepted by SAMs) or like a missile (which do get intercepted). If it's treated like a missile, then it's going to be a fairly easy target for a SA-10 (or protective SA-15s) to engage as it'll be moving very slowly by the time it reaches the target.

Wasn't its enclosure stealthier? I remember reading something like that in internet when it was getting used in Iraq.

Wasn't its enclosure stealthier? I remember reading something like that in internet when it was getting used in Iraq.

Supposedly it's stealthy-ish, low-observable due to it's shape and size, which should help reduce the reaction time point defense SAM sites would have to engage it. You're still going to have to rely on overwhelming the site with HARM and JSOW in order to ensure some ordnance get's through I expect.

I think JSOW and SLAM-ER are some kind of cruise missiles, like Tomahawk. Isn't it?

Partially correct. The JSOW is a guided bomb with wings it uses to glide in. It has no propulsion. The AGM-84K SLAM-ER fits in as a smaller cruise missile. We'll see an even larger cruise missile in the AGM-158 JASSM when we get the F-16C down the road.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Back in the good old days in Jane's F/A-18, it worked just like a JDAM. You designated a target in the mission builder, and once in the game you just flew towards the target, waited for the count down and released the thing. A TOO mode was also available (I think).

Beautiful piece of weapon :)

Hopefully we officially see the JSOW in the May 8th update with a Wags video here soon. I was kind of meh about it but after studying more of what it can do, I'm actually pretty hyped. Also, did I see the bomb actually evade oncoming missiles?

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Did that cluster bomb one just take evasive action or was that just random maneuvering?

Despite it looks likes evasive action, it is not, JSOW was just correcting it's fly path.

Was trying it again with the same mission file, and SA-6 is not trying to shoot JSOW down.

In the video, the SA-6 site was shooting at Hornet.

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments