[NOT A BUG] Different HUD data boundaries/FOV with zoom and trackIR Z axis

Ares63

The data displayed on the HUD is magnified with the zoom key according to the HUD dimension but if you step away from the HUD along Z axis, the HUD glasses is make smaller but the internal displayed data no and the peripheral cannot viewed because is outside the Glass HUD

This is because the HUD picture is focused to infinity and not on the HUD glass. The glass is just a collimator, not a projection plane/surface.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

This is because the HUD picture is focused to infinity and not on the HUD glass. The glass is just a collimator, not a projection plane/surface.

But the problem is that at the same distance from HUD i need to recenter FOV for to have all the HUD data inside HUD GLASS.

If i'm using DCS zoom there are no problems but if i use TrackIR Z axis to see close the HUD and then to came back in the normal position i need to rescenter TrackIR and FOV

So, if you go forward and back with TrackIR, you don't end up at the exact same position as before? If you did, you'd have the same view to the HUD as before.

This sounds like a TrackIR issue. Sometimes it doesn't return correctly if you go too forward and come back. I sometimes get it during dogfights, if I lean forward to see past the canopy rail. Moving my head around a little bit usually fixes it

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi, I have used the TARGET GUI to bind my controls and buttons on the F18, it was working fine as I went along, but there came a stage in running the configurations that the view changed in the cockpit to the top (sky) I can adjust the view, but if I press num5 the centre is not the HUD but the sky. The same with the Track- IR, F12 will centre in the sky. Even if I turn the configuration off,

using the default buttons it does the same, but only with the F18 though. Can you please help correcting this?

Hi, I have used the TARGET GUI to bind my controls and buttons on the F18, it was working fine as I went along, but there came a stage in running the configurations that the view changed in the cockpit to the top (sky) I can adjust the view, but if I press num5 the centre is not the HUD but the sky. The same with the Track- IR, F12 will centre in the sky. Even if I turn the configuration off,

using the default buttons it does the same, but only with the F18 though. Can you please help correcting this?