Satarosa

F-14A of 70's Vs F-14A of 90's Vs F-14A Iranian  

288 members have voted

1. 1. F-14A of 70's Vs F-14A of 90's Vs F-14A Iranian

• Classic F-14A of 70's
    • Full upgraded F-14A of 90's
    • Iranian F-14A of 80's

A community survey:

I) You prefer the "Classic F-14A" of the seventies with the technology of this time ?

reqo.jpg

II) You prefer the "Full upgraded F-14A" of the nineties with same technology of the F-14B (except for the engine of course) ?

3yoh.png

III) You prefer the "Iranian F-14A" of the eighties ?

g13u.jpg

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm really glad with the F-14B, but I'm really looking forward to Heatblur's future modules, apart fomr the F-14A.

I voted 2 because I expect it to be the less time consuming project of all three.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I'd personally love to have the Iranian variant for some interesting red vs. blue dynamics on MP.

YES, this please! There's an unfortunate dearth of RedFor full fidelity a/c.

And tho it'd be a shame to have to fight our own tech, it'd be great to know it's "as flown" by the IRIAF.

Now if someone could just convince Putin of the bragging rights he'd pick up with a full fidelity RU Su-27 or Mig-29, we'd be off to the races!

What is the difference between a 1990s F-14A and the F-14B?

The big one is the TF30 vs the F110 engines. There are also other differences in avionics and systems - different RWR, some As had a different DLC system (but I'm not sure if by the 90s it was standardized or not), they generally didn't have an IRST because the old one they came with was useless, etc.

For choice number 1, it's the most interesting choice in terms of the gameplay to have an F-14A very different from the F-14B. Also for cold war scenarios with old (from 1974 - 1982) F-14A agains MiG-23MLA..

For choice number 2, I understand that the work provided was gigantic and therefore I respect the choice of developers to make an F-14A full upgraded (from 1995 - 2002 ), although it will be almost identical to the F-14B..

For choice number 3, it is the most interesting choice at the scenario level to have a new opposition on the "red" side!

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm all about option 2, probably because I didn't really care about the F-14 until it went multirole. The external differences between a mid 90s LANTIRN equipped A and a mid 80s fleet defense fighter is mainly the gun gas vents, some ECM bumps, and depending on period the TACAN antenna. Internally, the 90's F-14A was equipped to go feet dry where the 80's jet wasn't.

When the F-14 was developed, the Navy expected it to take on hordes of inbound Soviet bombers in an environment where basically everything headed towards the carrier was a target. It wasn't able to independently solve ROE requirements in complex overland environments and, unlike the F-15, needed IFF clearances from 3rd party units such as an AWACS. This was a lot of the reason why its contribution to Desert Storm was minimal by every measure.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

The Iranian F14 should be really easy to add to DCS. Just make it a static model with zero functionality. :)

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

What an insensitive remark! FYI, those "static objects with zero functionality" reportedly shot down 159 Iraqi airplanes.

Yes, but that was decades ago and with no spare parts being delivered from the US the Iranian air force's jets of American origin should be in pretty bad shape by now unless they learned to build that tech themselves.

What an insensitive remark! FYI, those "static objects with zero functionality" reportedly shot down 159 Iraqi airplanes.

I can honestly say I don’t care

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Seeing as we have a lack of serious high-fidelity adversaries for the western aircraft, I think Iranian Tomcats in a flyable and detailed (as much as the limited information allows) state is a must.

They also slot perfectly into the PG map.

I'm sick of airquake servers with exactly the same aircraft on both teams.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Classic 70's A and then a hole string of 70s Navy liveries.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The only F-14 I have ever wanted is the original 1970s F-14A. I don't want an Iranian F-14 or an upgraded F-14 that is pretty much a B with TF30s. I will be disappointed if the F-14A delivered is anything later than an early 80's variant.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would prefer '70s A variant suitable for cold war fleet defence, the main purpose of this aircraft.

After collapse of the Soviet Union expensve Tomcats became more or less jobless and their fate was sealed.

We already have '80s-'90s B cat so i would like pure '70A interceptor suitable for older scenarios.

Edited by bies

The only F-14 I have ever wanted is the original 1970s F-14A. I don't want an Iranian F-14 or an upgraded F-14 that is pretty much a B with TF30s. I will be disappointed if the F-14A delivered is anything later than an early 80's variant.

They said it will be a mid-80's one a long time ago (which interestingly enough the poll doesn't include for some reason), so I'm not sure what's left to expect here. And I assume the early 80's and mid-80's is pretty much the same thing major systems-wise.

So, I guess the same TCS fit, TF-30's, AN/ALR-45 shown on the HSD instead of the 67 with a separate indicator, no LTS pod.. The early F-14A's would have had the problematic IRST pod (or none depending on the time) and an older AN/APR-25 RWR, but HB made a good choice, IMHO.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

HB

They said it will be a mid-80's one a long time ago (which interestingly enough the poll doesn't include for some reason), so I'm not sure what's left to expect here. And I assume the early 80's and mid-80's is pretty much the same thing major systems-wise.

So, I guess the same TCS fit, TF-30's, AN/ALR-45 shown on the HSD instead of the 67 with a separate indicator, no LTS pod.. The early F-14A's would have had the problematic IRST pod (or none depending on the time) and an older AN/APR-25 RWR, but HB made a good choice, IMHO.

I created this poll to see what the community prefers is not to force the developers to do it :smilewink:

We respect the enormous and impressive work that we do the HB developers !

After personally if there would be 2 separate modules F-14A of 70' and F-14B of 90', I would have paid for both :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]