Satarosa

F-14A of 70's Vs F-14A of 90's Vs F-14A Iranian  

288 members have voted

1. 1. F-14A of 70's Vs F-14A of 90's Vs F-14A Iranian

• Classic F-14A of 70's
    • Full upgraded F-14A of 90's
    • Iranian F-14A of 80's

2 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

The bigger question in my mind is if the iranian cat will actually come with the correct missiles AND the limitations of those missiles since they were ad-hoc integrated. (i.e. no SEAM for the iranian sidewinders)

Considering those air force AIM-9s (starting with the 9E) did have the ability to uncage the seeker, I'd assume SEAM would just enable you to uncage the missile and be on your merry way. Plus the Iranian F-14 we're getting isn't going to get those really improvised weapons mounted on F-14s (Hawk missiles, R-27s, etc.) so it shouldn't be too much of a change.

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

2 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

The bigger question in my mind is if the iranian cat will actually come with the correct missiles AND the limitations of those missiles since they were ad-hoc integrated. (i.e. no SEAM for the iranian sidewinders)

Considering Heatblur hadn't originally planned for an Iranian F-14 at all, I think the idea now is that it'll just be the -135 Early with maybe a removable TCS and missile load limits. I wouldn't expect the avionics to be any different from the -135 Early. But I could be wrong. I keep being so lately. It would be a nice surprise if, but that's not a breath I'm gonna hold.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

13 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

They will probably also allow some AIM-9J/P variant since there are so many of them in the game, but yeah I wouldn't expect them to model the AIM-9E just for a relatively niche variant.

I don't think the AIM-9E was even equipped on Iranian F-14s considering the AIM-9E's age by the time the F-14s were acquired. Modelling the 9E probably will come with HB's F-4 implementation tho.

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

You might be right. I was under the assumption that since Iran had 9Es for their Phantoms and hacked whatever they could on their Tomcats out of desperation, the F-14 would also have carried that missile. I have only really found one picture of something that looks like a 9E on an Iranian Tomcat though, everything else looks like a 9J/P.

On 7/31/2022 at 5:43 PM, WarthogOsl said:

Just to be clear, I am not at all advocating that we get any sort of IRST with the HB F-14...I just find it an interesting subject.  At any rate, here's some info about IRST's of that era, in this case, on the F-106 (source https://www.f-106deltadart.com/weapons.html😞

--Mark Foxwell, Col USAF (Ret), USAF Interceptor Weapons School Instructor and Commander

It’s basically a Sidewinder head. It sees an IR bright spot and tells you where it’s looking. That’s not search and track. That’s just a very good sidewinder. 

8 minutes ago, RustBelt said:

It’s basically a Sidewinder head. It sees an IR bright spot and tells you where it’s looking. That’s not search and track. That’s just a very good sidewinder. 

Read the article.  It's from a first hand source.

Oh I’m sorry, you confused my statement for baseless accusations. The 106 had basically a bigger heavier sidewinder seeker bolted to it. Most of the point of sidewinder was making a smaller version of that which you could afford to blow up. 

plotting Azimuth and Elevation is not a track. It’s just a return. 

I’m sure all the senator and industry big wigs spoiled brat kids who were put in 106 National guard units to hide from serving in Vietnam thought they were great given that pac-man hadn’t been invented yet. 

• Like 2

Did the Iranians ever field Sparrows on their Turkeys? 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

F-14A-95GR is as early as I think I want, though US Navy more than Iran.  And of course later F-14B-155GR with DFCS, GPS/CDNU, Sparrowhawk and F-14D-170GR

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

8 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

Did the Iranians ever field Sparrows on their Turkeys? 

Yes. Just not any Sparrows newer then Es.

4 hours ago, DSplayer said:

Yes. Just not any Sparrows newer then Es.

Copy that

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 8/2/2022 at 3:59 AM, TLTeo said:

You might be right. I was under the assumption that since Iran had 9Es for their Phantoms and hacked whatever they could on their Tomcats out of desperation, the F-14 would also have carried that missile. I have only really found one picture of something that looks like a 9E on an Iranian Tomcat though, everything else looks like a 9J/P.

99% sure you mean AIM-7Es and not AIM-9Es, the USN used AIM-7E-4s for a few months during 1975s before moving to the AIM-7F, its the AIM-7E/E-2 that they had from their F-4s that they had to retroactively add to the aircraft.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:14 AM, DSplayer said:

Considering those air force AIM-9s (starting with the 9E) did have the ability to uncage the seeker, I'd assume SEAM would just enable you to uncage the missile and be on your merry way. Plus the Iranian F-14 we're getting isn't going to get those really improvised weapons mounted on F-14s (Hawk missiles, R-27s, etc.) so it shouldn't be too much of a change.

So. I think there this alot of misunderstanding about the sidewinder family and its development history. I think alot of people assume it goes A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J, L. etc. And munge features together with the logic if missile A had it surely the next missile did too cuz its "better".

The reality is that there was the 9B (and a few different subtypes of it). And then the family tree broke off into the AF and Navy chains (and eventually Army, and foreign chains). 

Basically the Navy went with the China Lake developed missiles with gas cooled detectors, better motors, and advanced features like SEAM. So you basically have the Navy chain looking like 9B, 9D, 9G (first SEAM), 9H

The AF didn't like China lake, and went with a different contractor. So they had the 9B, the 9E, and the 9J and later 9N and the various 9P series. All the AF missiles were peltier cooled and the 9E could uncage the seeker which is a good feature. But no documentation I've seen suggests the AF missiles had the ability to use SEAM prior to the 9P-5. Thats right the 90's era 9P-5 is the first missile of that series that I've seen documented proof that it had SEAM. 

The 9L and M were derived from the 9H and built by china lake, so in that case those of course do have SEAM. 

The 9J is specifically called out as not having SEAM on the tomcat which was of course designed to use the Navy versions of sidewinders. And of course the difference between gas cooled missile pylons and adapting those for electrical supplies for the 9J (Peltier cooled) must have been "fun" for the Iranians. And similarly I think adapting whichever version of the 7E the Iranian phantoms had to the Iranian cats was probably not fun either. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 8/1/2022 at 4:22 PM, RustBelt said:

Its not actually. IIRC the 106 IRST used a PbSe seeker which gave it halfway decent MWIR capability. Kinda like the soviet R60/R60M series. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

From a use standpoint it “basically is” in that it can point at and fixate on an IR heat source. And that gives you an Azimuth and Heading. It was a much better unit but needed a lot more space and weight than a missile. And of course it also was tied to a display and weapon system etc….

Edited by RustBelt
  • Like 1

IRIAF F-14A would be less than the 145GR/Early, as it's a 90GR at it's core.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 10:15 AM, jojyrocks said:

Is there going to be an Iranian F-14 being added?

Source: HB FB:

Heatblur Simulations
1d
  · 
The Heatblur Simulations team and our wonderful partners at TrueGrit would like to wish you a wonderful 2023! Have a great new year, full of joy, great times and awesome sim experiences. 2023 is a big year for Heatblur, and we’re grateful that you’re along for the ride. It’s going to be a great one!

We’ve just wrapped up a very tough 2022. From a personal standpoint for many of our team, with personal tragedies and the invasion of Ukraine taking its toll on us and our timelines. Despite this, we look back at 2022 with some pride. We’ve seen tremendous growth in capability and size, forged new partnerships and shipped features and improvements throughout the year. While still playing catch-up; we’re working as hard as we can to finish the first of our next generation of high fidelity simulation experiences, starting with the F-4E Phantom II and leading towards the Eurofighter Typhoon.

While we missed our mark on the F-4E Phantom for a 2022 release; we’re now very close to full completion of all major elements: flight model, radar, weapons systems, and other key major systems- and even content such as another full length Meteor album. You’ve seen a sneak-peek in the 2023 and beyond video, and we can’t wait to fully unveil the aircraft that we’ve built over the past two years. For the Phantom- and all of our new products- we’ve invested heavily into building our next generation platform and framework. This enables faster future development, intrinsic multithreading, more dependable multicrew synchronization, far less of a maintenance burden, and new standardized features such as wear & tear, aircraft persistence, mass dynamics, and far more. In addition to this; we’ve also had our sights on JESTER v2, a complete rewrite of the JESTER AI system which will enable faster AI development and ease of use for integration in future aircraft such as the A-6.

On the Eurofighter front, we continue to lay the foundations of this module through application of our next generation framework. Soon, the majority of the work will remain in high level parts: radar, weapons systems, displays and flight control systems- all leaning and benefitting from the completed next generation core. As an incredibly complex aircraft and project, the Eurofighter will be a litmus test for our team to ensure quality and accuracy while avoiding excessive technical debt. These considerations are key for a project of this scope and size, as we strive to minimize maintenance burden and excessive sustainment resources. You should expect to see much more Eurofighter development progress in 2023 as we begin to approach an early access release and feature completion level.

We also look towards 2023 with continued love for the Viggen and Tomcat. We capped off the year with another major Viggen patch, and now set our sights on another round of additions to both products. We’re working hard to get on target on the early F-14A, which remains the largest piece of the F-14 yet undelivered, among of course other outstanding and promised features, such as TARPS and FORGE. Further Viggen improvements are slated for the early part of this year as we continue product sustainment. It’s time to get rid of those Early Access tags and square these aircraft away.

Quality, consistency and pushing boundaries are our top priorities, and we’re as excited as ever for all that we’ve been cooking. Stay tuned for the full Phantom unveiling and for other exciting announcements with new partners and beyond. 

Thank you all once again for your dedicated support and passion. That’s what drives and motivates us, and we’ll make sure your faith is well placed with each upcoming release.

Sincerely,
Team Heatblur

• Thanks 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs