F-14B : OPERATION CAGE THE BEAR

kaba

attachment.php?attachmentid=209819&stc=1&d=1557131766

OPERATION : CAGE THE BEAR is a fictional campaign providing the experience of an elite F-14B Tomcat pilot tasked to repel a lethal aggressor force.

It is May 1992. The Berlin wall has fallen, the Soviet Union has broken down. In an attempt to regain control of the crucial Black Sea region, REDFOR invaders have crossed Georgian borders in an attempt to annex the ex-Soviet state.

Determined to prevent a return to the old days of Soviet power, NATO takes exceptional action. A US Carrier Strike Group transits the Bosphorus Straits and enters the Black Sea.

As the conflict escalates, F-14s of the Carrier Air Wing will lead the fight against REDFOR.

Defend the fleet and push back the aggressors!

KEY FEATURES

• 8 varied missions putting you in the cockpit of the F-14B Tomcat
  • Approximately 6 hours of gameplay
  • Hundreds of hand-crafted triggers and voiceovers
  • Custom-made briefing and intel documents for each mission
  • NEW AS OF 14/02/2020: Co-op version of all missions now included (up to two pilots, two RIOs)

The campaign is now included with the F-14B module. Find it in the campaigns menu ingame!

attachment.php?attachmentid=209820&d=1557131834

Edited by kaba

thanks!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Flew mission one today (edited for multiplayer 1- F14b and 1- F18c ). Worked flawlessly and was good fun thanks.

As an observation I removed all the static AC from the ship as it kills framerate in VR.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Flew mission one today (edited for multiplayer 1- F14b and 1- F18c ). Worked flawlessly and was good fun thanks.

As an observation I removed all the static AC from the ship as it kills framerate in VR.

Thanks and glad editing to co-op works ok!

Good to know on the static craft causing low FPS - I don't play VR so didn't know this.

I tried the first three missions with some friends, Pilot and Rio

First one: A nice one, but a bit rought in the air, a lot of aircrafts.

Second : Very well, nothing to say, a real pleasure!

third : Nice but there is no briefing, and the voice doesn't correspond to the text, we had to relisten the .ogg to understand the push time @ 1614

third : Nice but there is no briefing, and the voice doesn't correspond to the text, we had to relisten the .ogg to understand the push time @ 1614

Hi, sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I've looked at the mission to see if I can replicate but can't spot any issue:

• Briefing images are present
  • Push time is mentioned twice in briefing text
  • Push time is also mentioned by Focus upon leaving the carrier, and then a push message is given at the time of push.

See images attached.

It's possible that whatever edits made to the mission to change to multiplayer has broken something - can you give me a bit more information if you're still struggling?

Thanks

2027098722_CTBMission3image1.thumb.jpg.56ce95b9c26b9695c2fc8a211c949cc8.jpg

1096548131_CTBMission3image2.thumb.jpg.7e7f81a239a7b7141e63c56063899578.jpg

Is this campaign using hot starts or cold starts?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is this campaign using hot starts or cold starts?

Hot starts through all.

Can probably edit to cold starts however this would throw off some of the mission timings. Could maybe do a cold-start version in future release, TBC.

Hot starts through all.

Can probably edit to cold starts however this would throw off some of the mission timings. Could maybe do a cold-start version in future release, TBC.

Bummer, that's another campaign I won't be able to enjoy then. I absolutly hate skipping startup and just editing the aircraft to cold start often doesn't work very well because of the timings (especially with the Tomcat where a carrier alignment can take up to 12 minutes), unless it's all triggered. :(

I really hope you can do a cold-start version or someone else comes up with a cold start campaign.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Bummer, that's another campaign I won't be able to enjoy then. I absolutly hate skipping startup and just editing the aircraft to cold start often doesn't work very well because of the timings (especially with the Tomcat where a carrier alignment can take up to 12 minutes), unless it's all triggered. :(

I really hope you can do a cold-start version or someone else comes up with a cold start campaign.

I can make a quick attempt to modify to cold start, as long as you would be kind enough to playtest and feed back?

From cold start to carrier launch, how many minutes would you normally require?

I can make a quick attempt to modify to cold start, as long as you would be kind enough to playtest and feed back?

From cold start to carrier launch, how many minutes would you normally require?

About 15 minutes: 10-12 minutes for alignment + general aircraft startup.

Tornado3 small.jpg

About 15 minutes: 10-12 minutes for alignment + general aircraft startup.

Ok, give this a go - I've tried to make this timing-neutral (generally the relevant craft will spawn after you take off).

I've not playtested these missions - can you please feed back any issues you find?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxt625y3yutca06/F-14B%20-%20OPERATION%20CAGE%20THE%20BEAR%20-%20COLD%20START.rar?dl=0

Ok, give this a go - I've tried to make this timing-neutral (generally the relevant craft will spawn after you take off).

I've not playtested these missions - can you please feed back any issues you find?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxt625y3yutca06/F-14B%20-%20OPERATION%20CAGE%20THE%20BEAR%20-%20COLD%20START.rar?dl=0

Thanks a lot! Will test it and let you know how it went. :thumbup:

That might have to wait till the weekend though, depending on when I will find the time to do that.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just tested the first mission with Cold Start (and multicrewing). Worked like a charm! Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

I will fly the rest of the campaign with multicrewing as well, maybe even with an additional player crewed Tomcat. It's great fun!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This afternoon 2 hours on your mission 3 with a couple of buddies. Love this mission but still haven't finished it cleanly.

All in all a great day thanks again for the hard work, personally I love the hot starts , don't have time for startups in the real simulator and don't have enough down time to spend 15 minutes waiting for an INS.

Edited by WindyTX

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I guess it would be nice if DCS mission editor would allow to define an optional cold start position and time as well as for a hot start so if both are defined in the mission, the game would prompt you at the start of each mission to choose which option you feel like.

Normally, I much prefer hot starts as spare time is precious lately, but I can certainly understand the appeal of a full start up.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

All in all a great day thanks again for the hard work, personally I love the hot starts , don't have time for startups in the real simulator and don't have enough down time to spend 15 minutes waiting for an INS.

Don't worry. Carrier INS alignment just takes up to 12 minutes. 15 minutes would indeed be pretty tedious ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi, sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I've looked at the mission to see if I can replicate but can't spot any issue:

• Briefing images are present
  • Push time is mentioned twice in briefing text
  • Push time is also mentioned by Focus upon leaving the carrier, and then a push message is given at the time of push.

See images attached.

It's possible that whatever edits made to the mission to change to multiplayer has broken something - can you give me a bit more information if you're still struggling?

Thanks

Thanks for the answer. My point was to play this campaign with four players : 2 pilots and 2 rio. I have downloaded and edited the mission to have two planes as client.

Next we found the issue, I redownload the campagn and extract the 8 missions to the savedgame directory. I opened the 3rd mission with the editor and I have the same issue:

The mission 2, 3 4 and 7 have the same very short briefing : Clear the way for the strike package.

Edit : I found the issue:

My game is in french, and the issue is the localisation of the mission.

If you set the game in french language you will find the issue I have.

It is like if your long briefing was translated with my short one.

Edit 2 : You have the issue with all other languages than english.

The quickest way to correct it is to erase all the localisations other than english.

Edited by Boagord