HP Reverb available on Amazon for preorder

amazon.com

Not available in EU.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

It's been showing as "out of stock" "not available" since last night.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It's been showing as "out of stock" "not available" since last night.

They are out of stock because they have not yet begun to ship. That is why it is called a pre order. Two days ago a search for HP Reverb on amazon would yield nothing at all. I ordered. As soon as they begin shipping I will get my tracking number. Simple.:joystick:

PoleCat Out

They are out of stock because they have not yet begun to ship. That is why it is called a pre order. Two days ago a search for HP Reverb on amazon would yield nothing at all. I ordered. As soon as they begin shipping I will get my tracking number. Simple.:joystick:

PoleCat Out

I've placed the order early yesterday as well. Although HP doesn't look like they are ready to ship anytime soon. LOL

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 weeks later...

I chatted with HP yesterday and they said it will ship within two weeks and likely the next week. The reason given was priority to the high demand for professional side (not any product issue) which is their primary strategy. I am anxious for someone experienced with VR in DCS to test one thoroughly before I buy. :-) I expect there will be firmware updates for new product issues for a while like the Mura (instead of a screen door effect which is gone there is some slight blotchiness) they have mentioned in some reviews. The latest Tom's Hardware testing with nearly my exact hardware on various VR games was very good. The weak points seems to be the controller tracking and there is still a similar sized sweet spot although the author indicated it was a bit larger. He did mention the vertical FOV was a little less (like around the nose) while the horizontal FOV was very slightly more. I asked the HP repr. to pass on that some of us wanted a headset only option which is not being offered initially.

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I chatted with HP yesterday and they said it will ship within two weeks and likely the next week. The reason given was priority to the high demand for professional side (not any product issue) which is their primary strategy. I am anxious for someone experienced with VR in DCS to test one thoroughly before I buy. :-) I expect there will be firmware updates for new product issues for a while like the Mura (instead of a screen door effect which is gone there is some slight blotchiness) they have mentioned in some reviews. The latest Tom's Hardware testing with nearly my exact hardware on various VR games was very good. The weak points seems to be the controller tracking and there is still a similar sized sweet spot although the author indicated it was a bit larger. He did mention the vertical FOV was a little less (like around the nose) while the horizontal FOV was very slightly more. I asked the HP repr. to pass on that some of us wanted a headset only option which is not being offered initially.

I'm checking the HP site every 5 minutes :D so hopefully i can snag one. I pre-ordered on Amazon as well, but I'm hedging.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

There is a Reddit post from a Quality Manager with HP's VR team that posted this. Basically there was a minor issue that they were unhappy with on production units, so they have recalled the initial batch of sets with retailers and have delayed the launch. Read his post for the full detail / exact words.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting post. So they should be shipping this coming week. They must be under tremendous pressure with the Rift S releasing. I would wait for may the second or even third batch. :-)

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

....They must be under tremendous pressure with the Rift S releasing. I would wait for may the second or even third batch. :-)

Not for this crowd... ;):smilewink:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The pre-ordering has been pulled back it appears with the internal recall on the units to fix a defect.