BUGS / STATUS reports page per module

Dear simmers developers,

I love DCS it's beautiful maps and airplanes/mudules, flightmodels etc !!

What I hate about it is:

Unfinished modules, Bugs, Manuals and specially the combination of the three. Imagine yourself working through the manuals and training missions for hours trying to master the systems, to find out a described system in the manual is not even implemented yet!!! :mad:

Keep the God.............ed manual up to date with the actual status of the airplane!!

So I guess with more modules coming up in the future, a simple one-page "Bug Fixes" "To Do" checklist" of described systems per aircraft is no luxury. (just web enable an exel spreadsheet or a like) Then we don't have to ask the same questions on the forums all the time and don't have to browse this labyrinth forum for answers as well.

For instance, 50 + pages on the F 14 forum with bug reports, maybe bugs, fixed bugs etc. Where to begin?! I,m getting tired of it already, whilst I not even bought the F 14. :helpsmilie:

What has been helpful for me was: ignoring manuals until any Youtube tutorial is left to watch. I don't miss the manuals that much.

Not using Open Beta too much helps with bugs.

Unfinished modules are a problem. But since the release of the HB F-14B there is al lot to do until each next step in progress of the Hornet and other unfinished modules.

You might not see it that way. Amd you certainly don't have to. It just keeps me from hating DCS quite well.

But I support your wish for even more transparency concerning WIP and bug fixes.

Wags' Hornet mini updates thread is good example for how it should be. I don't know any other project within or outside of DCS World that shows that level of transparency. I never heard more of WIP than there.

I've been supporting a wish for mini update threads for all projects but I know you need a lot of determination to keep such a thread "satisfying".

I regard it as a good method to involve customers in the process of finishing an already fully paid product. The Hornet is a good example.

Others should follow.