Sel Jett: What am I doing wrong?

Nealius

The last couple of nights I've found myself in situations where I needed to jettison stores, but I'm constantly having problems. I go into the DSMS, selective jettison page, select the desired store, set master arm on, press and hold the pickle button for about 5 seconds, but nothing ever happens. The only munition I was able to jettison was a rocket pod. Mk82s won't jettison. AIM-9s won't jettison. Mavs won't jettison. What am I missing?

Are you trying to only dump select stores? Because the "Jettison" button, upper right corner below HUD will dump them all?? Sorry if stupid question.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Off the top of my head: there's also the type of jettison that needs to be set, for example I think it's possible to jettison the bombs from a TER, or the entire rack with everything (or nothing) on it.

These types are different from weapon to weapon, so it may not be possible to dump, say, a Mav and a Mk-82 at the same time because they require different type settings.

Upper left corner. ;)

GAAAACKKK! For once, I am thinking, "I can help" . . . and I get the wrong panel.

:doh:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Off the top of my head: there's also the type of jettison that needs to be set, for example I think it's possible to jettison the bombs from a TER, or the entire rack with everything (or nothing) on it.

These types are different from weapon to weapon, so it may not be possible to dump, say, a Mav and a Mk-82 at the same time because they require different type settings.

how would I dump the rack?

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

16gb 2400 RAM / Ryzen 5 3600 / ROG Strix RX 570 /750W thermaltake PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am also fuzzy on the details but can confirm all of this matters. I would add its pretty unusual to need this. Emergency jettison or keep it all has sufficed for my “career” thus far.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

The last couple of nights I've found myself in situations where I needed to jettison stores, but I'm constantly having problems. I go into the DSMS, selective jettison page, select the desired store, set master arm on, press and hold the pickle button for about 5 seconds, but nothing ever happens. The only munition I was able to jettison was a rocket pod. Mk82s won't jettison. AIM-9s won't jettison. Mavs won't jettison. What am I missing?

You need to select the fuze setting and the store settings on the top button row of the MFCD.

To launch mavericks from triple racks, you need to choose "missile" To drop single bombs from racks, select stores. To drop the whole rack with all bombs attached, select rack.

If you select different stores or racks sometimes it won't work depending on the configuration.

You can't jettison the Tpod or the ECM pod.

Other than that, selective jettison is usually used when you are trying to land with combat damage or unbalanced plane (due to fuel pump failure or because you lost a piece of a wing)

In combat situations the panic button is usually the fastest and safets solution, since it will drop everything but the ECM, Tpod and Sidewinders and will leave you clean to either run or face an enemy fighter (the only reason you will want to jettison your stuff in combat)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fuse set to SAFE doesn't work? I tried that with Mk82s, fuze safe, stores jett (no racks), master arm on, hold pickle, nada.

selective jettison is usually used when you are trying to land with combat damage or unbalanced plane (due to fuel pump failure or because you lost a piece of a wing)

Exactly the situations I was in. First time was a wing shot to hell, the second time was when my left main gear failed to retract on takeoff and I was loaded with 6 Mk82s.

Fuse set to SAFE doesn't work? I tried that with Mk82s, fuze safe, stores jett (no racks), master arm on, hold pickle, nada.

Exactly the situations I was in. First time was a wing shot to hell, the second time was when my left main gear failed to retract on takeoff and I was loaded with 6 Mk82s.

Interesting. I will check this evening because fuse set to SAFE is the standard procedure for jettison.

Please tell me the actual stations, rack and stores so I can reproduce the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't recall the A-10's stations names, but my payloads looked like this, left-to-right if looking nose-on the aircraft:

1xALQ184 - 1xMk82 - 1xAGM65D/LAU117 - 1xMk82 - 1xMk82 - 1xMk82 - 1xMk82 - 1xAGM65D/LAU117 - 1xMk82 - 2xAIM9M

I tried jettisoning the Mk82s as stores, and tried jettisoning the Mavs as racks. Neither worked. Jettisoning the AIM9s as racks didn't work either.