Startup Procedure?

Lock-Os

Hi Lock-Os,

I tried several time until I'm able to do the startup pretty well. SO what I learned ? The first thing I learned is ;

The I-16 is really, really, really whimsical.

One thing seem important, the primer, 5 primer is enought. More, you risk drowning the carburator, less you do not have enought fuel. And the second important thing, maybe will show you idiot, follow the startup checklist letter by letter.

And to boost you a little bit, I never suceed on the first try, I must always try to start the engine two or three times. So don't give up.

Fly safe.

Hi Lock-Os,

And the second important thing, maybe will show you idiot, follow the startup checklist letter by letter.

Fly safe.

Oh! They have a working Kneeboard card with that on it? Nice!

Primer 5 times, throttle to full forward. Pull starter for 20 seconds. As soon as the engine kicks in throttle full back. The rest like found in the manual

Where is the manual at? Been looking everywhere for it.

Found it! It was under a section of the game I don't look in very often.

Edited by Lock-Os

I struggled with the starter even after consulting the manual. The trick is you can't have any time between pulling it out and pushing it in. I wasn't intentionally waiting but not being mindful of how immediate the change needed to be I must have had a dozen failed attempts before the engine finally turned over.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't mean to say that you shouldn't wait the requisite time after pulling it out but rather that as soon as you finish counting out the 8-12 seconds, instantly move it to the depressed position.

Edited by RudderButt

I struggled with the starter even after consulting the manual. The trick is you can't have any time between pulling it out and pushing it in. I wasn't intentionally waiting but not being mindful of how immediate the change needed to be I must have had a dozen failed attempts before the engine finally turned over.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't mean to say that you shouldn't wait the requisite time after pulling it out but rather that as soon as you finish counting out the 8-12 seconds, instantly move it to the depressed position.

This... Worked for me after 3rd attempted thanks..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

This is why I'm really happy to still have my X-52. I have the starter power and clutch set to one of the toggles on the stick and so its actually quite immersive to hold that toggle up for 8-15 seconds and then whack it down to get the motor going. It still takes a couple tries, but I'm getting more proficient!

one thing I love about probjobs is how simple they are. Sure you don't have to worry about prop pitch and mixture in jets but, really, make sure you're getting fuel, make sure you're pulling it from the right place, and crank the engine and off you go.

I'm really loving the I-16 so far and I'm looking forward to flying it more!

The Oni abides, man✌️

I’ve followed the starting procedure in the rudimentary manual step by step about half a dozen times, and it has started on the first try every time. I crack the throttle about one inch, the same as I do on every reciprocating engined airplane that I have. I really think the key is switching the pressurization valve from 12 O’clock to 9 O’clock for three seconds, then switching it from 9 O’clock to 6 O’clock for three seconds, then switching it back to 12 O’clock. Check the fuel pressure gage to ensure you have at least 1 atm pressure.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

What really disturbs me about this module is exactly this one section. It looks and feels almost golden everywhere else, EXCEPT for the missing sound. I know there is always something to complain about here, but how come we no longer have this spinning sound when the starter is pulled?

Edited by Balzarog

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

It’s known as EARLY ACCESS! The manual will be improved, and the bugs and glitches will be fixed. Be patient, adapt, and overcome.

By the way, nothing is idiot proof because idiots are so damn inventive. ������

I apologize and do beg pardon because this was already implemented before it even came out. Why was it removed in the first place if it was accurate?

I apologize and do beg pardon because this was already implemented before it even came out. Why was it removed in the first place if it was accurate?

I don’t believe anyone on this forum can answer that question. That is something that only the module designer can provide. The video you attached showed a very rudimentary model at what seemed very early in the process. Perhaps the sound scripts conflicted with some other part of the model. If the lack of the starter flywheel sound really bothers you, submit a bug report.