3D Max studio

FWT

sorry to say..

but learning curve of any 3d software is too steep..

you will have to give too much time and effort ..

for me..the whole graphic interface was started to have a tiny meaning after 2 months of nonstop working..

the best way is..

try to find the simplest tutorial you can find (best is max's own tutorials under help) and work your way up from there..

Its not something you can figure out in few hours, days or weeks if you are not smarter than einstein...

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

Can also mention that the main difference between 3D Studio MAX and GMAX is that GMAX does NOT include the rendering-engines from 3DS Max, since it's mainly for modeling/animation aimed at game-developers, and not image/movie-production. GMAX should, unless Autodesk has changed things, be a free-to-use product.

There's a lot of places where you can find tutorials for MAX/GMAX, but as mentioned; be aware that the learning-curve is VERY steep for both.

Here's a few links:

The Stupid Idiots' Guide to starting with gMax

GMAX Aircraft Tutorial

Learning to create aircraft with GMAX

Edit: Nevermind, according to the message on Autodesk's webpage, they've discontinued the GMAX-line after October 6, 2005 and are pushing for people to get the full 3DS MAX-suite.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

also, one thing to keep in mind, if you do use GMAX, you won't be able to fully add your model into lock on because ED's plugins are for 3dmax only. I mean you can build the project, but can't export it to .lom. So in the end, you might have to give your project to someone else to finish up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, you can export mesh through .obj or .md3 (there are scripts for gmax that can do that), but they export only mesh + mapping. No animations, materials, objects identity, and hierarchy. Gmax has very limited export capabilities to other 3d programs, but is still widely used by people who build models for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Lynda.com 3dmax essentials by chad perkins(i think thats his last name?)has one of the best tutorials for beginners out there...you can essentially learn max to a functional state within a week,days even.Try it, I'm sure you'll be glad you did.:pilotfly:

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.